Photons are spiritual

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Ostronomos, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ostronomos Banned Banned

What are your thoughts on the title statement?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Gibberish

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

If that's all there is to "spirituality", the world's religions can stop wasting their time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wlminex Banned Banned

My take? . . . . Spirituality is embued within the quantum field . . from whence 'original' likely photons evolved. The quantum field is also embued with emergent energetic patterns that affect the material universe via Casimir, and other unrecognized, effects inate to the quantum field. Google: 'Quantum Consciousness+Hammeroff', 'Casimir Effect on organic material', etc., and relatedd links.

8. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Gibberish

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

a question of context.. no doubt about it...

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

gibberish

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

a few more posts and that 'll be it guys... well done... another silly thread padded out to look good... 10-15 posts should do it... [net marketing fodder]

13. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

If you believe in the concept of spirit then photons should also be included, unless you have a restrcited idea about spirit only inhabiting chosen lifeforms, as humans for example, or trees, but considering the more common view of spirituality it involves all particles.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

well the worship of light has been a trademark for humanity since the dawn of time.

15. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

argumentum ad populum

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Sources of light (and heat) have been worshiped - e.g. the sun, fire. Light is a necessity for life that comes from a supposedy spiritual source but that doesn't necessarily imply that the light itself is spiritual.

17. superstring01 Moderator

Awwe! You weren't inspired by those words?

~String

18. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Wow, dude... That's like... deep. :m:

19. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

The 60s band, Spirit--when carried by photons in their amps and again during playback and then launched through the (then-emerging) FM transmitters, out the coax and up and out the antennas, from there across the air to, say, the whip antenna on my little home on wheels, a Corvair, where I had outfitted a makeshift receiver, and then in through the detector and mixed down, phaselocked and filtered, and then out the woofers and tweeters I had perched behind me--might be an example of Spirit and photons, but they might have only added [to the above remarks]:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=k7MQ5rxUZsc

oh..wait..you did use the adjectival form - so, wait, replay all of that photonic action, minus the hipster band [nominated for the Golden Glob Awards by the NY sanitation workers union four years in a row]; but go back through all those dancing photons, only put them in the groove that has the correct declension, as it were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Uz0sQDhx1rE&feature=player_detailpage#t=26s

Maybe that was where you were headed? I mean, it doesn't get better than that with photons, does it?

Unless you want to talk about the photons playing games inside your brain, setting up action potentials that make you think something spiritual is going on?

That would be far out!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

eace: