There is coupling between gravity and redshift.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Mazulu, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Mazulu Banned Banned

Is there coupling between gravity and redshift?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

What do the aliens say? :shh:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I am going on the assumption that you will accept alternative views in the answer to that question, considering the sub forum. My answer is clearly yes, the redshift is an observation of two opposing forces playing out as galaxies separate. Now let me be clear, this is an alternative idea, but in my view the expansion of the observable universe is not the result of space stretching or new space added between the galaxies. My view is that galaxies actually have separation momentum imparted to them by the initital particles that formed during the early expansion/inflation, and the observed motion of galaxies and galaxy groups is due to two opposing forces at work. The separation momentum on one hand causing them to move apart, and gravitational attraction on the other hand resisting the separation momentum.

A possible contributor to the acceleration of expansion can be found in that net relationship between forces. As the galaxies and groups get further and further apart, the inverse square law comes into play, reducing the gravitational component relative to the separation momentum component, resulting in the observed acceleration of expansion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I would say no. A gravity well can cause a redshift though.

8. wlminex Banned Banned

You say no . . . before you say yes?

9. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Coupling means they interact with each other. Gravity causing redshift is a one way action. Light has no effect on gravity.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

There is no coupling but there is a cause and effect between gravity and readshift.

edited to add - I didn't see that AlexG answered. I was just practicing being and echo I guess.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Asexperia Valued Senior Member

GRAVITATIONAL REDSHIFT

[video=youtube;Ra-tur2L3T4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra-tur2L3T4[/video]

12. JGBerg Registered Member

Does gravity have an effect on light? That's the question.

I have been informed of the measurements by Santilli of redshift of light without relative motion called IsoRedShift as per papers below that imply lack of expansion of the universe. I would appreciate any comments primarily on the validity of the measurements, Santilli mathematics and the theory being secondary for me.

[1] R. M. Santilli, "Experimental Verifications of IsoRedShift with Possible Absence of Universe Expansion, Big Bang, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy," The Open Astronomy Journal {\bf 3}, 124 (2010), http://www.santilli-foundation.org/docs/Santilli-isoredshift.pdf

[2] G. West and G. Amato, "Experimental Conformation of Santilli's IsoRedShift and IsoBlueShift," Journal of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 12, pages 169-188 (2012),http://www.santilli-foundation.org/docs/Confirmation-IRS-IBS.pdf

[3] R. M. Santilli, G. West and g. Amato. "Experimental Confirmation of the IsoRedShift at Sun at Sunset and Sunrise with Consequential Absence of Universe Expansion and Related Conjectures, " Journal of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering, Vol. 12, pages 165-188 (2012).http://www.santilli-foundation.org/docs/Confirmation-sun-IRS.pdf

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Without reading the papers I can tell you the answer to the question:

Does gravity have an effect on light?

The answer is yes. It is well known and it has been measured by various methods.