The Afterlife

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by darryl, May 29, 2012.

1. darryl Banned Banned

I have read many books about the afterlife but I read one of the best books a few weeks ago, in the book the author wrote that the afterlife exists in the fourth dimension and that everything on earth survives into this fourth dimension after death.

Just wanted to know any thoughts about this. What does science exactly have to say about a fourth dimension?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

It would be pretty crowded there. Lots of insects.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Good point, but maybe their lifespan in that dimension is equally short, or even shorter, or does the theory involve eternal existance in that particular place?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Roots of early Judeo-Christian eschatology vary, but it does seem that one of the earliest notions of an afterlife was connected to the fear that the winter sun would leave (at solstice) and never come back. It does seem that the Persians exported the notion of an afterlife and of heaven, hell, angels and the devil, among other things.

8. Neverfly Banned Banned

I think Michio Kaku touched on it in "Ten Dimensions and Beyond," if I am not mistaken, but it was at least 8 years ago I read that book.
    Essentially, there is no basis for such a claim. Not scientifically, anyway.

When Kaku mentioned it, he was referring to how conjurers and magicians would cite that- simply because the common person wouldn't think much on it and it sounded nifty.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

When you die you continue on but only exist in a single dimension - geeze, how freaking horrible!

10. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Okay, but do you get to pick the dimension? I would choose 'time'.

11. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

The fourth dimension is time.

If one were to go into time itself they wouldn't exist for time allows for nothing but itself to exist within it.

12. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Time can be treated as a dimension in some models. But there can be 4 dimensions, all spacial, and time not be anything but the measure of change.

13. darryl Banned Banned

The fourth dimension is presented as a physical dimension not time. You might want to check out first The Fourth Dimension by Rucker..

The Fourth Dimension guides you on a mind-expanding journey; the book is designed to alter the reader's perceptions of the universe through the exploration of a fourth dimension (a fourth physical dimension, rather than the simpler notion of time as a fourth dimension

Also see the book Exploring the Fourth Dimension: Secrets of the Paranormal by John D. Ralphs

The basic premise of the book is that a physical Fourth Dimension exists (as opposed to a mathematical abstraction.) http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Fou...6557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338331866&sr=8-1

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a guy trying to pretend he knows what he's talking about by hiding it within something else he knows nothing about.

15. Lakon Valued Senior Member

The mystic P. D. OUSPENSKY wrote some very very interesting books on 4D, 5D, and 6D, and the afterlife.

I recommend reading his 'A NEW MODEL of the UNIVERSE' and 'TERTIUM ORGANUM'

Both are available free on the web for download, if you search.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Since we are making recommendation; I recommend that you do not read 'A NEW MODEL of the UNIVERSE' and 'TERTIUM ORGANUM'.

They are written by a mystic who therfore has no clue what 4D, 5D or 6D even mean.

17. Gregg Schaffter Registered Member

That could explain the existence of ghosts(if they are real at all), but I don't think the writer had any clue what the fourth dimension is.

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

If there is an afterlife I assume reincarnation, for the point of over crowding vs. new beings always coming into existence. I'm painted in artwork along with my brother, friend, and female counterpart all by a guy who is the dead look a like of my uncle. This painter is an ancestor of mine.

19. Lakon Valued Senior Member

I can't see how your former premise necessitates the latter.

But let's go with it - who then, has a clue ? Can you describe 4D, 5D, 6D ?

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

My clue is this, don't waist your time. You will know about death only when you return. When there maybe you will ponder life, don't do that either. Go be dead, go be live. L.O.V.E.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Mathematics and physicist work in 4D, 5D, 6D and higher all the time. The 4th spatial dimension is orthogonal to the X,Y & Z spatial dimensions of 3D. I am assuming you are talking about spatial dimensions and so have neglected the normal 4D dimension of time.

22. Lakon Valued Senior Member

I am talking about a forum called 'Parapsychology' and a thread called 'The Afterlife' in which various posters have talked about the afterlife being the 4th D, eternal existence, etc.

Having read Ouspensky many years ago, I recalled that had some interesting ideas in that direction, and in keeping with the context of this thread, mentioned his two works. That's about it.

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I guess that is the problem of taking a well defined scientific term and applying it to a fuzzy, and vauge idea as a definition. I think this is done to make the idea more plausable and have it sound almost like it makes scientific sense.

What is really meant by your use of the 4th dimension is a different plane of reality or a different plane of exsistence or outside of our physical universe. In the bible there was nothing of the sort to describe heaven - it was an actual physical place that was up in the air. As a matter of fact the bible described how it was possible to build a building that could actually reach heaven - boy was God pissed when we tried to do that! Apparently God has moved heaven because no building have run into heaven that I know of....