Who is The U.S of A's Greatest Living Enemy?

Discussion in 'History' started by Epictetus, May 21, 2012.

1. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Aloha everybody. Remember a while back the thread on Great Britain's Greatest Enemy? It was more or less suggested that George Washington, dirt farmer, statesmen, and 'terrorist' was British Enemy Number One. Well, whatever. I'm bored with that topic now, but it got me to thinking: Who is The United States of America's greatest enemy?

Now the obvious choice to throw it right back at 'em would be King George III, but he's dead. Then there's the ever reviled Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, John Dillinger: dead, dead and dead. Castro? Old and sick Hey, that's great all our enemies are sick or dead!

So the question I put before you is: Who is The United States of America's greatest living enemy? Please let's refrain from racism and cliche and tired old saws of all sorts. I want an individual who is actively and villainously out to get us.

I would say George W. Bush, whose name is so coincidentally similar to freedom fighter mentioned above, but I don't wish to include unintentional buffoonery in the consideration.

P.S. No bounty will be offered.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

If you want to stay in the same vain as that thread the obvious answer would be the general in charge of the Vietcong who beat the US easerly.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Re: Asguard. But the Viet Cong, while not sick or dead have completely sold out on their ideals and gone capitalist. That's even worse than being sick or dead. Nice try.

Re:lightgigantic. So what you're saying is that the U.S. has yet to meet its worst enemy?? Or are you upset that I seemed to assume it would be a man and not a (wonder) woman??

8. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Asguard, your suggestion reminds me of General Gao The Simpsons character who seems to be a Chinese communist transformed into Colonel Sanders.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't insist on the exact same vein. I just want you to suggest who is the greatest enemy now, and again an answer like sugared breakfast cereal or reality TV is not what I'm after. Anyway, the Vietnamese general who beat the Americans is probably dead or very old now, and I doubt if he would say he beat them 'easily'.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Umm your the one who suggested king George. You want the biggest threat to the US right now it's probably some 10 year old who gets board because Diablo isn't working and crashes the pentagon network. After all IT is the number one threat to any moden millatry. However that's not what the original artical was about, it was about the generals who fought in the field against the British and who were the most successful. Obviously that means the viet cong general who kicked the US out of Vietnam. Maybe the next should be the general in charge of the North Korian during the Korian war.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The number one threat to The United States are the special interests that control our government and the political party that represents them - the Republican/Tea Party. Who was it last year that threatened an intentional and unnecessary default on US debt? The Republican/Tea Party.

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

14. Grumpy Curmudgeon of Lucidity Valued Senior Member

Oh, this is easy. The greatest threat to the United States is Grover Norquist, with honorable mentions for Paul Ryan and the entire regressive Rethuglicans in Congress. The fraudsters, banksters and corporate and vulture capitalists are some of the runners up. These people have been(and continue to be)the most destructive forces causing the most pain on the average citizen in the US. Osama would be on the list, but he's busy being disceased and despite 911, is a piker compared to the lack of health care the Rethugs are responsible for(not to mention jobs). McConnell and Bonhuer are traitors to the country for putting their political future ahead of the countries needs in this near depression they and their party created.

Grumpy

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

It is hard to know where stupidity and ignorance ends and traitorous behavior begins. But I have to believe that Boehner and McConnell know full well that what they are doing is not in the best interest of the nation. They have an army of educated knowledgable people to inform them. Boehner and McConnell and the entire Republican leadership quickly flip positions on issues (e.g. deficit reduction committee) as soon as President Obama endorses their good ideas for no apparent reason other than partisan politiics. So clearly Boehner, McConnell and the entire Republican leadership have and continue to place personal political interests above the health and welfare of the nation.

16. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Close the answer is us. Not me an you per say. But americans we don't use our voice. We let government run us. When there supposed to be for the people, an of people.
    In essence. I don't remember who said it right off. We are our own worst enemy. That is so true.

17. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I do believe that's what lightgigantic was trying to say with political cartoons.

I thought it was obvious, but apparently I was wrong.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes. I'm taking my answer back and alluding to Wynn and you here.

Uhh...your points, of course. Not you as the actual enemy, per se.

19. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Looked light was a little bit in the ball park. But I seen the picture upload a little late. After I posted. An in that picture. There seems to be a lot of junk. An two hillbilly's. An they seemed to have not made no paths to walk through. In there bare feet.

20. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

21. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

geoffp!

22. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

How about our own ingenuity, per say. Will destroy us all..

23. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Good answer! Check out the 'singularity' threads, scariest stuff ever!