OBL Letters

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Xotica, May 3, 2012.

1. Xotica Everyday I’m Shufflin Registered Senior Member

The 17 declassified OBL documents (either in Arabic or English) are available in PDF format at the link:

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/letters-from-abbottabad-bin-ladin-sidelined

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xotica Everyday I’m Shufflin Registered Senior Member

From what I understand, portions of the Abbottabad documents (classified) point to an ever widening ideological fracture between Osama and #2 Ayman al-Zawahiri. The final straw appears to be a heated argument over a Zawahiri proposal to impliment suicide bombings in Tahrir Square (Cairo) to derail the grassroots democracy movement. Osama forbade such an operation.

At Gitmo, a source had identified the Pakistani OBL/Zawahiri courier interface. Zawahiri knew the courier was probably compromised because the courier had been stopped and questioned by Pakistani police. Despite this inside knowledge, Zawahiri continued to use the compromised courier. This grave security breach led the CIA to Abbottabad. On the face of things, it now appears that the split between OBL and Zawahiri was irreversible and ultimately, proved fatal to OBL. Post Abbottabad, Zawahiri has assumed control of al-Queda.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CptBork Valued Senior Member

From the sounds of it, it's probably in the US's best interest to do everything in their power to make sure that bum stays in charge

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xotica Everyday I’m Shufflin Registered Senior Member

I agree. Zawahiri does not possess the imagination or the technical abilities of a KSM. He is certainly not a charismatic personality like OBL. Most who have dealt with Zawahiri first-hand describe him as irascible, rude, and difficult.