im having dreams which make me cry every night..

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by riangel, Apr 27, 2012.

1. riangel Registered Member

since a few days im having wierd dreams.. these dreams leave me crying in intense pain.. i had a dream in which i saw my loving grany in intense pain.. i rubbed her arm which made her feel better..
    then in 1 dream i saw my love dumping me for my best friend..
    in 1 dream i saw my best friend betraying me which i never ever expect...
    im having such dreams which reaaly scare me.. im literally hell scared to even sleep now..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Have a good long talk with your lover (and another with your best friend) wherein you honestly express your feelings. Bad dreams are usually caused by anxiety. Alleviate the the anxiety and the dreams will stop.
    Also : change your diet, with particular attention to spicy and acidic foods in the evening.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Change what you eat to start with. If you eat before you go to bed, don't do that anymore. Eating is a problem with bad dreams in some instances and the only way to see if that is your problem would be to change your diet and stop eating anything a few hours before you go to bed. Try it, if it works then it is an easy solution, if not you haven't lost anything.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

So you're afraid your grandma is going to be hurt, your lover is going to leave you, and your best friend is going to betray you.

This isn't the future, hon, just your brain trying to plan for disaster...maybe you can find ways to reassure yourself during the day so that your insecurities will not bother you at night. I also suggest journaling your fears and thoughts.

8. keith1 Guest

Make yourself more comfortable, even to the extent of a new pillow.
    Whatever side you are laying on when the bad dreams start, roll over to your opposite side. The bad dreams will stop, and not return for that sleep period.**

**(This advise is from general practical observation only, and not meant as a replacement to professional medical or psychological treatment)

9. Rav Valued Senior Member

When we are awake we tend to rationalize and construct coping mechanisms, which have a moderating effect. But when we are asleep, everything is available in it's rawest form to be woven into the dreamscape. So it's like chimpkin has said. Confronting and trying to resolve the issues in your life is the best way to ensure that your dreams are adventures instead of nightmares.

10. diverightindia Registered Member

your subconconscious runs wild in sleep. gain control of your fears.

11. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

You could also use ear plugs that completly shut out all sounds that might disturb your sleep. I've found it is just another way to get a good nights sleep and doesn't cost much to try.