Is Robot Sex In Your Future?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by KilljoyKlown, Apr 27, 2012.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

I'll try everything once...except homosexuality. Too weird**.

**And I'll keep voting against "same-sex marriage", until I get the same tax deduction for a single male than the married status deduction:thumbsup:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The married tax deduction divided by 2 is less than you get as a single or at least it used to be. I haven't been married sense 2000, so really haven't been keeping up on any changes to the marriage tax. But I will second you on the homo stuff. I wonder how many different programs you can get with the robot. Just in case I get bored with the current personality.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. emilyblack06 Registered Member

I've read the article and I could clearly understand the benefit of it. But I think it wouldn't really do that good though. I could clearly see that something bad will gonna happen.

***and to add up..I'm also against the same sex marriage thingee...so immoral. :bugeye:

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Shades of 'The Stepford Wives', lol....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stepford_Wives

Sex is only the symptom of our insatiable need for love.

Robots seem unlikely to be of much help there although I expect that some humans will form an attachment to their technology. :shrug:

9. Epictetus here & now Registered Senior Member

Is robot sex in my future? If the robots get lucky, I guess. :bugeye: Maybe if one did my math homework for me....

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't that kind of sex be too mechanical?

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Emily, let me first say welcome to the forum. Would you feel cheated on if your man had sex with a robot? From my point of view if my woman had sex with a robot I wouldn't think of it any different than if she was using a vibrator.

One possible downside might be if the sex was good enough, maybe men and women would quit getting together all together (bad for the human race). But maybe just to have kids they would. But wouldn't that mean those kids would very much be wanted children? Can you even imagine what the world would be like with no unwanted children?

12. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I don't need a robot to tell me how attached to my computer I am. But a robot with a killer personality and sexual skills to die for would be hard to beat. All the advantages of great sex anytime of the day or night and absolutely no disadvantages (I'd probably kill to protect my robot).

13. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Aren't you a bit old to still have math homework?

14. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

As soon as I have some I'll let you know.

15. Cavalier Knight of the Opinion Registered Senior Member

Robot sex will be the end of human civilization, for reasons well explained here...

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/48647/detail/

16. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That was good and I'm still laughing:roflmao::roflmao:

However I really don't believe life would go down like that. I believe people would still want to have kids and when they did they would be wanted children. Also, I believe married couples would welcome robots to keep the marriage exciting and faithful both at the same time. Lately I've been wondering about threesomes and foursomes with robots within the marriage.

I'm sure most everybody has watched the Law & Order sex crimes series. I think the robots could solves most types of sex crimes. As much as most people might not like this next idea robot children might solve just about all sex crimes against children. Anyway I'll leave you with that thought.

17. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Talk about sociopathy.

:bugeye:

18. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Sociopaths are characterized by a lack of what is considered a normal range of human feelings. Meaning they can torture and hurt others without the normal feelings that usually go with being a human. In some cases that can be an advantage, but they shouldn't try and raise a family, teach or be be in any kind of roll model position IMPO.

While owning and using a robot for sex might not be considered normal by many, I believe it is worthwhile subject to explore. Most people do have fantasies that they would like to act out. If those fantasies might hurt others, most people would never consider acting them out. But robots could be designed to satisfy a wide range of fantasies that would not be healthy sharing with others. This could relieve pressure that causes violent crime against others.

19. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Humans are not robots, so such things cannot work, at least not in the long run.

20. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

True humans are not robots, but they do like their toys and the rich will have much better sex robots than the rest of us.

21. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

it's kind of tragicomical that humans feel the need to invent robots for entirely human pleasures ...

22. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

"Silver Metal Lover"

"The Millennium Man"

.....and no, that wouldn't work for pervs, as part of what drives them is domination of a real, living human being that does not want to be dominated.

Programming that into a robot would not be real and thus would not give the emotional satisfaction

....beyond the usual 15% placebo effect.

23. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

The trick is to get to the pervs before they reach their tipping point of no return. After all a serial killer doesn't reach his tipping point until he makes his first kill, or a rapist makes his first rape...etc. So the object is to break the cycle leading to that no return tipping point whatever the crime. In the article they state that robot prostitutes would take a lot of money away from the real prostitutes, maybe putting many of them out of business, and I say that's a good start.