Sci-Reciepes

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by darksidZz, Apr 21, 2012.

1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I was interested in starting a thread here with recipes different members have used / created. Try telling us the best ones you've found and another thing would be to keep them from taking 4 hours since I doubt anyone is willing to try preparing a meal that long from here :X Thanks!

PS I have none, am not a good cook :X

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Here is one you can make without any skill, and it's wholesome.
    2 packets of gelatine dessert mix
    1 brick of cream cheese
    1 tub of yogurt (plain, vanilla or same flavour as the Jello)

Put the cream cheese in a mixer or food processor and beat it together with the yogurt.
    Dissolve the gelatine powder in boiling water (what the box calls for or a bit less) then beat it into the cheese mixture.
    Grease a shallow pan with unsalted butter or margarine and sprinkle in a thin layer of graham crumbs (any plain cookie or cereal crumbs will do)
    Pour in the cheesecake mixture; refrigerate.
    Wait a couple of hours - better, overnight - then run a knife along outside edges and flip the cheesecake out onto a plate (or serve from the pan - i don't care!)
    Fresh or preserved fruit, heated jam, marmalade, chocolate sauce or whipped cream on top won't ruin it.

I make a diabetic version, with plain gelatine powder from the bulk-food store instead of the packaged stuff which contains sugar, add dextrose sweetener and use hot fruit juice instead of water.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Sweet Chili Chicken Thighs

Spray or lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Glass Pyrex is easiest to clean.

Arrange 6 to 8 chicken thighs in pan. I prefer the whole thighs, not the skinless boneless for this recipe. They are also less expensive. You could also use chicken legs, thigh with drumstick attached, which are an even better buy.

Place in a 400F oven on middle rack for 20 minutes.

Remove pan from oven and pour enough sweet chili sauce over each piece to lightly cover it. We use a brand from Thailand, Cock Brand Sweet Chili Sauce For Chicken.

Reduce heat to 350F, return to oven and cook for another 30 to 40 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces.

I cannot count the number of compliments I have received on this dish. The sauce supplies all of the spice and flavor. It gets just nicely carmelized when done.

Also works great with pork tenderloin, which I like to roast in a cast iron frying pan.

Place pork tenderloin in pan and coat it with sauce right from the start.

Place in a 350F oven for 35-45 minutes.

Let stand for 3 minutes and carve.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Baileys Irish Cream  s t r e t c h e d
    (by adding almond milk)

8. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

MUSHROOM CAPS STUFFED WITH CRAB

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,181,153164-238194,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

18 lg. mushrooms, stems removed
    2 tbsp. olive oil

FILLING:

1 lb. crabmeat, shell & cartilage removed
    2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
    1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 tsp. dry mustard
    2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
    2 slices white bread (crusts removed), minced
    1/4 c. mayonnaise
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    Dash of Tabasco sauce
    1/4 c. butter, melted

Saute mushroom caps in oil for 2 minutes. Place in shallow casserole, stem side up. Combine filling ingredients, and stuff mushroom caps. May be refrigerated until ready to bake. Baste with butter and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with watercress and wedges of lemon.

IT's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

9. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Hmmmm......Dessert, an appetizer and a meat dish.

darksidZz only needs a vegetable or two, a salad and a wine pairing and he's on his way to an easy gourmet meal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!