The Apollo Moon Missions Were Faked

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by FatFreddy, Apr 14, 2012.

1. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Why discuss this? You seem to already know the truth so I'll just let you think whatever you want to about it and I will think the way I do about it and therefore there's nothing to discuss for we both are right in our own way of thinking.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Google search picture of the moon landing from earth. Also, look into the reflective targets that were left on the moon by the astronauts. Anyone with a powerful enough laser and a detector can see them from earth.

Here is the one thing none of the "Conspiricy theories" never address. Why? What good would it do for us to fake the moon landing, besides getting caught and embarrased when someone talked? Also, if we faked the moon landing don't you think other countries would know? Any one of them would be able to triangulate the positions of the radio transmissions comming from our ships, and have tracked them on radar. Why would they keep it a secret? What benifit would Russia have gotten out of this durring the cold war? They could have embarressed us with this knowledge.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

So what your saying is 2+2=5 if I think it does?

8. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

No, I'm saying that theories about things are abundant and as long as the majority of people understand what the truth is, according to facts, then those who think otherwise should be left alone so they don't upset the rest of us who know better. I just think that by allowing others to think they are right would be better than to start arguing over something as frivolous as a faked moon landing.

9. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Why is it frivolous? I'm in the US and it's a matter of national pride here. Also, you think its better to just leave someone ignorant instead of showing them the truth?

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

What is there to discuss? Your big smoking gun is the flag. Really, all I can say is holy crap this is so sad. You might as well say that part of the conspiracty is that the moon is actually a big man made satellite. The proof is that during an eclipse the shadow looks red and it should be blue. Hey wait a minute I may have something there....

Hey have you seen the faked photoshopped pictures from space?

Will the cover up never end.
    :roflmao:

11. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

I couldn't find any pictures taken from earth.
    http://stupendous.rit.edu/richmond/answers/lunar_lander.html

I could only find pictures supposedly taken from lunar orbit and those are fakable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRE7grId3sI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2kijG8YdY

Remotely adjustable reflectors can be attached to robot craft...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9geIwWTGQ
    (1:17:25 time mark)

...so any signal received from a laser reflector isn't proof that there were people on the moon.

12. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

You have not addressed my question, why did no other country, especially our ENEMY AT THE TIME RAT US OUT???????????? You also cannot answer what exactly we could have gained?

13. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

But if there are but a few people who think we did not land a man on the moon what difference will it make to the majority of those who know otherwise? To argue with someone over whether they are right or wrong won't ever convince them that are wrong but only make them more steadfast in their views so they won't ever change. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink, as the saying goes.

14. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

All that is addressed in these two posts.

Do a page search on "Soviets" here and start looking at the info there.
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4001964&postcount=1

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4731597&postcount=1090

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm
    (excerpt)
    -------------------------------------
    Several motives have been suggested for the U.S. government to fake the moon landings - some of the recurrent elements are:
    Distraction - The U.S. government benefited from a popular distraction to take attention away from the Vietnam war. Lunar activities did abruptly stop, with planned missions cancelled, around the same time that the US ceased its involvement in the Vietnam War.
    Cold War Prestige - The U.S. government considered it vital that the U.S. win the space race with the USSR. Going to the Moon, if it was possible, would have been risky and expensive. It would have been much easier to fake the landing, thereby ensuring success.
    Money - NASA raised approximately 30 billion dollars pretending to go to the moon. This could have been used to pay off a large number of people, providing significant motivation for complicity. In variations of this theory, the space industry is characterized as a political economy, much like the military industrial complex, creating fertile ground for its own survival.
    Risk - The available technology at the time was such that there was a good chance that the landing might fail if genuinely attempted.
    -------------------------------------

15. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

There is also another reason and a saying that goes with it as well: "Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever."

16. FatFreddy Registered Senior Member

17. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

I don't waste time with people like you. All you want is to create more controversy that you enjoy watching but I really do not want to play your games.

18. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

? You think links to conspiricy theory sites help your cause? They don't. Also, even if the Russians government said they doubted it (they haven't) what about every other country in world? Do they keep silent because they think its funny?

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I agree with that. And besides, if we don't feed the troll he will eventually tire of being ignored and go away quietly. Hurrah!

I'm finished with this nonsense.

20. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

We still had to build a massive rocket. It was easier to just go to the Moon and fake it there.

(courtesy Mitchell and Webb)

21. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Hahaaahaaa! Fat Freddy is posting on Sciforums. I'll be sure to tell the boys at JREF you're here.

There's a 207 page thread on this subject with FF here:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=8200311#post8200311

FYI mods...FF is a serial spammer who posts his "Apollo Hoax" shit on any board available...including a San Antonio Spurs basketball forum.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  22. cosmored Registered Member

Sadly, this particular troll will not go away.

23. cosmored Registered Member

Yes, we know all that. You are still wrong, as you have been for the past decade.

And?

Wrong. Back to the basketball forum for you.