Idea about a big bang theory!

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by discusfish99, Mar 17, 2012.

1. discusfish99 Registered Member

First, I haven't really done any research about this idea I have. It is just the collimation of multiple boring English classes with nothing to do, so I decided to start my own theory.
    Now for the actual theory. What I propose is that the before the big bang, neither space nor time existed only energy because matter is needed for space to become something relative and at the speed of light, which energy is at, time is no longer a factor. From here, I thought then, if it was all energy, how did the big bang get jump started. My solution was the constructive and destructive interference of light waves. Before the Big Bang, all the energy was constructively and destructively interfering to form larger and smaller amplitude waves. This goes on randomly until, upon extremely random chance, all the energy that consists of the known universe constructively interferes and causes the wavelength to nearly go to 0 and the amplitude to shoot up to infinity. Then, the wave-packet form of light would just because solid due to the waves or packets becoming infinitely large and thus turn into matter. Light going to matter would be possible because of the concept of the conservation of energy and in actually, we could consider matter to just be energy with a wavelength of zero and an amplitude of infinity. All in all, I really haven't found anything to help me substantiate or debunk my idea. Very curious to see what everyone has to say about this. Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wlminex Banned Banned

Discusfish99: Your idea regarding an energy (only) pre-universe has merit. Keep on thinking innovative thoughts! It may be worthwhile to at least scan the Alternative Theories forum on Sciforums and elsewhere for similar ideas. However . . . "prepare yourself" . . . such ideas typically are met with much scrutiny by the Standard Model groupies.

Regards,
    wlminex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

It's word salad.

Wlminex likes the taste of it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

What you have isn't a scientific theory but it is certainly a creative speculation. It probably should be in the "Alternative Theories" subforum.

Ok.

What form of energy and how does that form exist without space-time?

I am not sure what the statement means nor why this is a reason for only energy existing before space-time.

This is incorrect. Heat energy for example doesn't travel at the speed of light. If you are referring to photons specifically then yes they do travel at the speed of light and they do not age; however, their existence is dependent on space-time.

Sorry, photons by themselves don't spontaneously gain mass. You would need a boson or fermion to share a photon's momentum for a photon to gain mass. Either way, photons, bosons, and fermions, all require space-time to exist so it's a moot point.

8. wlminex Banned Banned

Discusfish99 . . . . see what I predicted?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You are such a whiner. Someone gets called on pseudo-science and you whine - that is quite predictable too.

10. wlminex Banned Banned

Origin: Get back ON TOPIC!! . . . . . not whining . . . just observing that my prediction is true . . . .

11. discusfish99 Registered Member

Haha, I like this forum, much better than others I have been at. I don't get snide remarks from you guys, just fun jokes. Anyway, my question is, why are photons, fermions, and bosons need space time to exist? What i'm curious about is what if before the big bang, (and I know this will start a flaming discussion) could the energy in my idea be dark energy? Also, in terms of the light gaining mass, I am curious, would it be possible to overload the wave-packet representation of the light and turn it just into a packet, also called mass? Please, be gentle

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, i've got a fragile ego!

12. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

If anyone had any idea what happens at t[sub]0[/sub] and why, we would all be living like gods, shooting flames out our finger tips at each other just to kill the boredom that comes with godhead status.

My observation about your scenario is that if there is no space and time at t[sub]0[/sub], then there can be no cause or effect. Causation requires time which doesn't exist "yet" (notice there is no "yet" before time is created).

The other possibility to consider is that the Big Bang has no cause, it always was that way, springing forward at t[sub]0[/sub].

It's not that appealing but it solves the dilemma of initiating anything without any clock to get you off the starting line.

13. discusfish99 Registered Member

Interesting. Sadly, i can't really accept that we don't know lol. I'm the type of guy who just believes that everything can be determined.

14. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Maybe so, it just hasn't been determined yet. So 'We don't know' is really all you can say.

15. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Is word salad a phrase meaning what used to be called double talk?

16. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Here's the definition of word salad from wiki.

I did a cut and paste of the definition in another post, and then got banned because the definition apparently insulted a word salad master.

So I'll leave it to you look up the definition yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_salad

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Because that's how the laws of physics work? The question is kind of like asking why does water need hydrogen and oxygen to exist?

Your idea unfortunately doesn't mesh with actual reality so the answer to this question is no. There are however several real science theories about what happened / existed "before" the big bang. The one that matches your thought process the closest (and by no means is that a validation of your thought process) is that there exists a super-symmetric substance outside of our universe (I will refer to it as "the stuff" from here on because I don't think it presently has a name even in the theory). Presumably "the stuff" has no beginning, has no end, and is utterly equal. Think of it like water, you move up, down, left, and right, but you just get more of the same thing. In addition to "the stuff" there are higgs fields that move about the "the stuff". Sometimes those higgs fields interact with the stuff and cause it to freeze. When this happens, "the stuff" suddenly gains structure (like the crystalline structure of water when it freezes). In this model, the "big bang" that resulted in our universe was a higgs field freezing a cross section of "the stuff".

Again, to give a photon mass would require that its momentum be shared with a boson or fermion.

18. discusfish99 Registered Member

Chrunchy Cat, I would be extremely grateful if you could supply what theory that is! Also, sorry to harp on this but I gotta do it, so then what happens to E = hc/ wavelength, if the wavelength goes to zero, the energy shoots up to near infinity. So that when you look at the light, it looks solid because the amplitude of the waves are so close together. Also I'm not saying that the whole photon needing a boson or fermion is wrong, rather could you do it without them?

19. wlminex Banned Banned

Discusfish99: I just posted (yesterday) an interesting (to me, at least) calculation (simple maths, for you physicists) in a thread on the Alternate Theories forum that follows onto your last post. Calculates E down to Planck wavelength.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  20. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

....near infinity???? wtf?

sorry but i hate this expression.

21. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

i also don't understand this talk about giving photons mass.

22. discusfish99 Registered Member

- All right, thanks, I'll take a look at it! BTW what do you mean by simple math, no math is simple

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- Sorry, but it sounds much better than a really really big number. I'd get used to it, calc is all approaching infinity calculations! (well at least some of it)

- I just realized this is wrong for my context, which I should have stated, sorry, slipped my mind. I am referring to a vacuum which means that heat energy, also known as infrared light, travels at c. So my energy traveling! at c stands

23. discusfish99 Registered Member

So, took a look at the post, according to your math, the energy is Epl = 1.23x10^18 x 6.24x10^11 = 7.68x10^29 eV. I think that this at least doesn't disprove my ideas. 10^29 is a long ways away from what the LHC currently produces in terms of energy (LHC = 450 x 10^9). Epl is roughly 1x10^18 times larger than what the LHC can put out. It may actually not be possible to figure anything out because we can't produce the requisite power and will never be able to, because that energy would cause some funky things to happen with our space-time!