Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    I am going to start doing things that I only talk about before and they will make a difference I hope more so than just talking.
    I hear you loud and clear. I've felt that my time in front of the computer is wasting my life. Is health/age a factor in your decision?

Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Is health/age a factor in your decision?
    Not at all, to me that is. I am a seasoned citizen and do have medical issues but things need to be done and I'm tired of no one else stepping up and doing something about what is needed.

What is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by adoucette View Post
    What is needed?
    A little of this and that.

Valued Senior Member scheherazade's Avatar
    A little of this and that.
    As with spices used in cooking, sometimes 'a little of this and a little of that' can make a profound difference.

I'm rather of the opinion that you probably make a difference in all that you apply yourself to, cosmic.

Registered Senior Member
    You've always been so kind. Your absence will be noriced. I've been a part time poster for the past 2.5 years (I refuse to get a home internet connection) and I'll tell you from experience; it's a good thing to unplug yourself every once and awhile. Now go out and experience all that this glorious world has to offer but, don't be a stranger.

I'm only sorry that I had so little time here on this planet to help out. Perhaps there will be more that follow me after I depart to keep the help ongoing so that everyone can be helped as much as possible without hurting the environment.

"An electromagnetic pulse (sometimes abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation. The abrupt pulse of electromagnetic radiation usually results from certain types of high energy explosions, especially a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields and magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...UhV1ahiJwwGDlg

By putting a devise at the Lagrange point away from Earth you could deploy this type of technology to help reflect the solar flares that can cause dames to the Earth.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...0lLq4xRYJdCPqg

If a large enough device or multiple devises were used there would be a shield to deflect those harmful solar flares that can harm the Earth.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...n_gFgIUb1p2z6A

Anyway it is just an idea that can be thought about and considered to help those humans that are here on this planet in the future without exposing them to those harmful effects of that solar flare.

And one more thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs
    Last edited by cosmictraveler; 03-06-12 at 04:09 AM.

Thank you all for your kind words but I will return , as I said from time to time , whenever I get by a library that has the net available. I just won't be a daily occurrence here for I really have to move away from where I am at now to a new location and do some traveling around the world too. So the time that I have won't be as much as I have had in the past for I'm going to be more proactive from this point on in time. What does that mean, well I am going to start doing things that I only talk about before and they will make a difference I hope more so than just talking.
    I turn off the internet from time to time as well.

I miss it for about two days...humans are very adaptable, you see.

You are so lucky to have this freedom to travel.

But you'll be back...of course!

Aww, man!
    Well, keep us posted, 'k?
    ((((big hug))))

Registered Senior Member HectorDecimal's Avatar
    I'm turning off my internet connection early next week and won't be putting it back on for a long time. I will however be stopping in at a library from time to time so might just pop in here once in awhile to see you all. Don't get to upset at each other for you all have the right to think the way you do. I'll be posting a few more days until they turn my connection off. Live long and prosper.
    Have you considered a prepaid MIFI? I've been using one for 3 months now. It ends up costing me $60 per month between unlimited internet and my cell phone.

...things need to be done and I'm tired of no one else stepping up and doing something about what is needed.
    i've got a feeling you'll be changing your sotwuh in the near future..

hmm...cosmic "stepping up"... that'd be interesting to see...

many leagues under the sea. R1D2's Avatar
    Cosmictraveler. It sounds like you have a bucket list. An the way you are talking I hope you are not getting close to kicking that bucket. Love long An prosper.

Registered Senior Member HectorDecimal's Avatar
    I guess he's back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12