+1 on left & +1 at right also.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by indianmath, Feb 29, 2012.

1. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

Suppose there is an arbitrary and imaginary type of axis used by some super-aliens to describe one of their coordinate system whose one side i.e on the left side also it is +1 & on the other side i.e. right side also it is +1.
    Now the basic questions that arises are
    1) what would be the center of that arbitrary & imaginary axis?
    2) What would be the nature of that arbitrary & imaginary axis or (space

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)?
    Any logical or scientific idea, view or comment with explanation would be appreciated.

regards.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

You're asking us to consider two axes I think, which are positive numbers. But then your question seems to depend on an imaginary axis.

Perhaps you may need to rexpress your question as you seem vague and unclear.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

It's not imaginary it's reality. The distance away from any point in any direction is always positive.

You are measuring distance from a point going away from the point. It's like standing on earth and looking out. Regardless of where you are on earth, if you look out the distance is positive, not negative.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

Reiku, I am clear & my statement is clearly stated. But I can restate it according to ur condition. Here it is
    Suppose there is an axis Having 0 at its L.H.S & +1 at its R.H.S and there is another axis at a distance apart but perfectly aligned with the previous axis & having +1at its L.H.s & 0 (as if image of the previous axis) at its R.H.S then we will be having an imaginary & arbitrary axis in between having +1 at L.H.S & +1 at R.H.S. So now the same basic questions
    1) what would be the center of the imaginary & arbitrary axis?
    2)What would be the nature of such an axis (space)

?
    regards.

8. gmilam Valued Senior Member

The center is wherever the observer is.

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The centre of those points would be whatever centrepoint is definable along that other axis. We don't know the dimension of the axis you're proposing so how can one generate a statistic based on the coordinates of two points on that axis?

10. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

GeoffP, let us start with two dimension.

regards.

11. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

The axis would be 0. What's more a question is what the other axis (since we're in 2 dimensions) is measuring, which would be absolute distance from the first axis.

Taken into 3 dimensions, you'd have the initial axis ringed by widening circles of increasing distance.

12. hansda Valued Senior Member

This imaginary axis can be considered as a diameter of a circle , whoose radius is infinite . Centre of this circle will be the centre of the axis .

13. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

Good summary. I'll take it even further. This axis defines an infinite cylinder.

14. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

Infinite sphere also.

regards.

15. khan Registered Senior Member

It looks like you are saying that there is no symmetry of left and right on the super-alien coordinate system....

:shrug:

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That was my impression also.

17. hansda Valued Senior Member

A circle or a cylinder or a sphere are all symmetrical .

18. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

It's really very simple. From any point there is distance away from that point in all directions. It is the light sphere. You start at a point, and light travels away from that point in all directions. The point is the center of the expanding sphere. The radius is expanding equally away from that point in all directions. The two dimensional version is simply a point on a line, and you are measuring the positive distance from that point in opposite directions. It looks like this:

<+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+o+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+>

The zero is the point and the distance is positive in each direction away from the point.

19. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

No. If you used the stated parameters and said to describe what you get for a distance x, you would not get a sphere. You'd get an infinitely long cylinder with radius x centered on the axis.

20. hansda Valued Senior Member

A circle can be part of a cylinder and also part of a sphere .

21. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

In 2 dimensions, yes.

But to look at the original post again in 2 dimensions, you'd have a plane, with width 2x, centered on the axis, and running to infinity along the axis.

22. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

The centre is time.. the outflow, and inflow. X/Y/Z are all around it, and time starts at zero. There must be a minuscule distance between each point, but each point is zero again.

So

X = 100

is really

X = 1 starting from zero 100 times over.

I ask you...

How far is it to London?

And your reply is set from zero, and my reply is also set from zero, and both are different replies.

The orbit of a planet is constantly reset from zero.. so time is the central point. The orbit is relocated, the energy is the outflow from the central point. The outflow is polarized below X/Y/Z to cause the chain reaction.

23. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

It would be <0 .......+1+1+1+1...........0>.
    regards.