Nerd Question Thread

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by ScaryMonster, Feb 25, 2012.

1. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

Hello dear friends, I had this idea today when pondering the immensity of existence. The notion that I had, was that what SciForums needed was a Nerd Question Thread.

So feel free to ask a nerdy question, or provide and answer or opinion to one someone has asked.

By Nerd Question I mean one like this:

Given that of late there have been a lot of Zombie and Werewolf books and films doing the rounds, what would happen if a Werewolf bites a Zombie?

Would it be a Werebie? And would a Werebie be more bad ass than a Zombie who bites a Werewolf? A so called Zomwolf?

Moreover, how would it work? Would a Werebie be a Zombie when the moon wasn’t full or would the Werewolves regenerative powers give it more of a semblance of life when not in the Werebie phase?

In addition, the Zomwolf might remain a zombie who becomes faster and more predatory when the moon is full, but is dumber and more corpse like than a Werebie.

Finally the clincher: which one would win in a fight?:bugeye:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

When modding lesser powers in Skyrim's creation kit, how do make them use magicka?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I used to know the answer to that, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

So I take it that magicka is like magic but with a ka on it? Awesome!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  8. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

There's some problems in your question monster. Zombies are undead. Werewolves are not. Werewolves are either born as wolfs, or humans, and later in life learn of their nature. When a werewolf dies, it reverts to its natural form. So if a human born werewolf was in wolf form and got bit by a zombie, it would turn back into a human in death. It would then rise as a zombified human. My guess is that it would loose all of its werewolf powers in death. Likewise, if a wolf born werewolf was in human form when it got bit, it would revert back to a wolf, and rise as a wolf-zombie (provided that the zombie virus affects canines).

Again my guess is that a werewolf would loose its powers if zombified. Most creatures also loose all semblances of intelligence when zombified and also appear to have lost all memories of their former life. So a werewolf turned zombie may not even have the recollection of having special powers.

Lastly, werewolves do not only turn to werewolves during a full moon. They can change form at will from human, to wolf, and some terrifying creatures that are in between. However, a full moon can trigger an unintentional change into a certain form. The full moon also allows a werewolf to change form at a smaller expenditure of energy, but the werewolf has a greater chance of loosing control to "the beast" so to speak. You see in any form, a werewolf is still aware of what it is, who it is, and what is going on. However, in any form other than their natural form, they are somewhat susceptible to loosing a certain amount of control.

My information about werewolves comes from the white wolf game "Werewolf", the movie series "Underworld", and a bit from the book series "The Dresden Files".

Yup, I'm a fuckin nerd!!!

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

"Because I like to watch them burn."

10. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

If the Hulk were to come out of the closet as gay, then would logical gay partner for him be Benjamin Jacob "Ben" Grimm a.k.a "The Thing" from the Fantastic Four comics?
    Certainly a huge orange rock like monster would be robust enough to survive all the hot gay Hulk loving he'd be in for?
    But the clincher here is would the Hulk find The Thing attractive?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And Skaught, thank you for your expert treatment of the "What if a Zombie bites a Werewolf Nerd question."

Maybe you can enlighten us some more, my take on it is that a Zombized werewolf would beat an ordinary werewolf because even though its slower being one of the living dead, it could in a fight sustain a lot more damage and even if the faster moving non-Zombie werewolf beats it in the end the victor would also turn into a zombie werewolf soon after.

You might want to do some calculations on it? But I bet any Nerd worth his inhaler could draw up a flow chart that could demonstrate how fast a forest full of, say a thousand werewolf's would be Zombized over the three days of the full moon phase?