Exactly What is the Meaning of This?!?

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 16, 2012.

1. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

What is your take on what is being designed here?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Obviously that is NOT JUST a "TooMuchTimeOnYourHandsAndAccessToAutoCAD/MasterCAM/SolidWorksOrOtherCADSoftware" Digital Doodle.
    Ergo, it must be a "TachyonAmplifyingInterDimensionalTransferVessel".
    These will be/were all the rage at the watching of the "Big Bang"!
    However, just prior to/soon after the event, they were outlawed by Pan Dimensional Homeland Security because of causing "Stuttering/Echoing" of the Microfabric of "The Creator"'s Blasphemy-Proof Veil of Ignorance/Indifference.
    It should be mentioned though that it is/was/wil be rumoured by "Conspiracy Theorists" that one was/wil be manfactured out of pure "Unobtanium238" and currently/was/will sits/sat/sit at the center of "The Creator"'s "Matrix".
    Being that I am the dumbest man on earth though, I'm gonna guess that those are leaked Patent Drawings of the soon to be released Apple iPhone 5G !

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Nice try...

I mean REALLY nice try...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

BTW... pleased to meet you DMOE

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Ditto to you kind sir.
    And, also a BTW: I intentionally refrained from using words like "containment", "sink" or "trap".
    Later...

9. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

If you want to take a realistic stab at it, feel free. If you read some of my other OP's you may get a better idea.

I'm just having fun with a guessing game for engineering types. I'd be taken aback if one of my engineering colleagues from real life who actually knows what they are ruined the game for everyone.

HAGO...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

This is what that glass thing in the center hopes to achieve.

11. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

There's the thing in the middle again. I'll be building a prototype of that glass thing in the middle this spring, so either it will become
    1. simplified

2. scrapped or

3. elaborated upon.

I hope to eventually include a fresnel lensing system to use the glass thing for producing power if only through collecting and amplifying sunlight.

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Here's the original Thermal electric core device. Left in direct sunlight all day in the summer and, after a few days, it will charge a 12 volt battery.

13. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Interesting looking gadget.

Sunlight would seem to be an endless resource if we can but become more efficient in it's utilization.

I have no background in science or engineering although I appreciate it's application, so kindly tolerate any 'uninformed remarks' that I might make.

What size is this unit? The pictures in the next post are too blurry for me to determine what they are illustrating.

Is this just a small scale prototype?

What type of applications do you have in mind?

Thank you in advance for your time, should you care to elaborate further.

14. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

These are essentially houseboats that may be able to replace atandard housing in areas that are prone to flooding, hurricanes, quakes and anywhere that a shield against Flux Compression Events is needed. Aluminnum skinned, built from wood and composite structure and plan to incorporate sun and wind power for energy. The blurry photo is me with my first thermal electric core.

These are actually designed at 24 feet in diameter vertex circle, but can be redcued to 16 feet or expanded to about 100 feet. Bigger than 100 feet must be constructed on site.

The model in this post is 24 feeet. It is simpler to build.

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Thank you for providing more details, Hector.

Interesting design. Round is a strong shape and the hinged leveling legs would allow stabilizing on varied terrain if I understand their purpose.

What type of wood to you think would be best used in the construction?

If beset by flooding, is there a means by which to navigate or steer this 'houseboat' or it is at the whim of the direction of the flow?

Do you have any kind of preliminary figures of what such a unit will cost to construct (rough estimates only with resources fluctuating all the time) or is it too soon to say?

Where do you think you should test the first prototypes?

Construction, small space living and energy self-sufficiency are all interesting topics here in the Yukon.

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I would think the Yukon would love these. Haiti, Japan, New Zealand, New Orleans, etcetera. Like I said, I see jobs, still I was meaning around the planet. It would be easier just to franchise the ideas, provide plans and fixtures to build them in a particular country.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  17. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

BTW... could you imagine a hospital sized version that resides on Lake Superior?

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Have you considered that Lake Superior freezes over completely every 20 years or so?

What temperature range are you considering these habitats to be capable of enduring?

What kind of insulation?

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Is it a new type of lettuce spinner?

20. GASHOLE Registered Senior Member

Urmm a donut?

21. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Certainly it depends on the design, budget and such, but these can be designed as low depth submersibles. The Inui would love one. The one I want to build for me and my loved ones will have double hulls, The insulation can be a composite, but some areas will have floatation cells that could be scuttled if needs be.

I was unaware of that facet of Lake Superior. Do you know if that coincides with the 22 year solar cycle?

22. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Nope

23. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Some models may be able to generate a donut shaped field around them...