Introducing Hector Decimal CADFAD0001

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Hello to all.

I'm an independent scientist, meaning I refrained from participating in the academic food chain to get something done. Not very lucrative, so I earn a living through engineering design and artistry. I would like to find a good bunch of cyberposters to discuss many things about science with, still I have a perplexing research project for which I hope to gain some scientific opinions.

My dog ate my diplomas, so don't ask so I don't end up sounding like Bob Lazar. Nontheless, I have both formal and autodidactic education, augmented by many years of work in the engineering fields, the arts and as an independent reseach, self funded.

About the perplexing research project: To say it simply, I'm a bit concerned about the Yellowstone Caldera. I have quite a bit of research dug up on the basin and it's history, so I can start a thread about it. The one thing I don't want to do is work in vain. I did manage to get a few isolated comments about my theory on the Caldera's activity, amounting to "Yes. A deep freeze could fracture the basin further and usher in a new string of geysers." IMO this is a fascinating area to speculate upon using known physics and logic. Are there any fellow scientists here that might just share some of that passion?

Hector

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Interesting, welcome! I might suggest the following thread:
    Yellowstone Supervolcano
    Although it is an old one, and many of those members are gone.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Hello, SpiderGhost.

Thanx for the welcome. I was wondering if there might be some older threads about the caldera. If they are mostly gone members, would that thread give some insight as to why they are with the dearly decybered? It would likely be better to post a new thread anyway with specific links attached, also I'll be wanting to bring in the subject of magnetic reconnection and the weather. Where would be the best place to start a thread about Yellowstone?

Here's another area of interest that is in my field: Temporal Displacement Technology. New thread material too, or any ongoing discussions about things like chronology protection and the like?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, you probably won't get any insight into why they are gone, they just move on. Choose the category you feel is proper, probably Earth Science. Also, there is a pretty good search feature, but not as good as google. You can google like this

yellowstone caldera site:www.sciforums.com

and it will only search sciforums

8. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

That's pretty cool... the Google selectivity feature. I'll likely work offline and create a theoretically "good" thread and see what comes of it in the earthsciences area.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Your dog... ate your diplomas...?

Well, that's one I've not heard before 0_o

10. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

My dog wouldn't do that, but then she is pretty smart.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Welcome to the place. Good luck with your caldera.

11. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

It will blow. Sooner or later.
    The Yellowstone Caldera is the least of anyone's concerns.

What is really perplexing is what to think as such a disaster approaches ...

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=112477

Hi All.

Actually I think the dog ate the diplomas to protect the guilty. It appears that happened to Bob Lazar too.

Wynn,

There's the link to the caldera thread. We may be able to get a feel for how long before this one blows and it may already be blowing, but it's like "Slow Blo" bubble gum...

Awwww... heck

13. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Hey, we have one here in Europe, the Laacher Lake supervolcano, near Bonn, Germany, if that's any consolation.
    This one, will blow, too.

14. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the mishigas that is sciforums, HectorDecimal!

We are equal parts insane, inane, intelligent and ignorant. All are subject to change at a moments notice until everyone gets their meds sorted out and stops trading behind the nurses back just for fun.

So are you? Divergent, I mean...

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Get out of my chair!

16. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

*grins like a monkey*

17. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Near Bonn? Hmmm... I wouldn't think it off topic if you brought that into the Yellowstone thread...

Honestly, that's the type of data I want to know. I'm an astrophysicist, not a geophysicist, still I am trying to make some sense of ALL of this...

Thanx

Hector

18. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Actually I'm fascinated. I haven't seen any trolls yet... well not in THIS thread

19. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

that's what my cat tells me. Of course she prefers to enjoy the bravery of being out of range of the malamutes: "Reboot" and "Mick Jagger"

I just came back here to take a breath after a major troll encounter in that Hubble thread. Isn't that sort of an interesting perspective on the Bible though?...

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I think if you use selective attention, you can find elements in the physical universe that correspond to almost any mythology. But it's intellectually dishonest.

21. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Personally, I set out to solve the big puzzle without being dishonest. There's only one thing I need to prove in order to know for certain whether I have the pieces fit in the right places.

I don't heat my lab in the winter, so in the spring I'll be scarce as work will consume more of my time.

Not that it will matter but the project, if successful, will put the big bang to bed. If not, for me, it will be back to the ...CAD program...

The attachment is the principle behind a potential inexhaustible energy source that incorporates on a process of maintaining microscopic black holes flowing through each other. Don't know if it will work, but it'll only cost me a hundred bucks to try.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

To bed as in disprove the Big Bang? Wouldn't you think that was the creation event?

23. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Hmmm.... right now I"M putting myself to bed

Still, I would think you'd be a bit right. I really hesitate to go too deep into creation because I'm sure most "Christians" already hate me to no ends... and atheists usually see me as the laughing stock. They'll get over it

Nighty night....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.