Electric Charge as a fluctuation in the time dimension

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Harmony, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Harmony Harmony Registered Senior Member

I have been considering the implications of waves in all four dimensions, 3 space and one time dimension. What would be the implications if there were wavelike variations in the time dimension associated with waves in the 3 space dimensions. The result is interesting as it provides a feasible explanation for electrostatic forces and provides an underlying cause for electric charge.

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.lewis41/Space/Figures/Appendix1.htm

More background to the idea at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.lewis41/Space/Space.htm

Harmony

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Harmony Harmony Registered Senior Member

Electric Charge

Arising from the ideas about electric charge we can reduce the four fundamental forces (electromagnetic, gravitational, strong and weak nuclear) to a single system of forces based purely on energy differences.

The idea of irreducible physical properties means that we can consider force and field as reducible and energy and momentum in space-time as irreducible. see section titled Forces and Fields in:

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.lewis41/Space/Space.htm

Unification theories should therefore focus on energy and momentum.

Harmony

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

Well let me let you on a little revelation of understanding I have recently on physics; this is based on work that has been done by Fotini Markoupoulou.

Time is no good in our theories if we want to unify physics. Physics cannot apply geometry to the beginning of time - it simply does not exist at the beginning of everything. See, time is part of the manifold, part of the understanding of the four dimensional geometry we call space and time.

But as you roll back the hands of time in a universe, eventually you get to a point called the big bang where there are no degrees of freedom... no real space or time. So here, wrap your brain around this question:

''If there is no geometry at the big bang, how can we explain the beginning of the universe in terms of time?''

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

I will add one more thing about this geometry problem at the big bang. I think relativity was already subtly hinting at no time principles of the big bang - here is a relativistic question for you:

''If a moment at the big bang was going to pass, what was it passing relative to?''

In other words, how can the universe have a time at the big bang if you can only measure time by moving clocks?

8. Reiku Banned Banned

Keep in mind, there was no matter at the big bang. And even though there were radiation fields, the same problem still exists with the geometry buzz above, but also that in relativity no time passes for radiation fields because individual quantized peices of these fields do not even have frames of reference - this is because no time passes for quanta of radiation fields.

9. Harmony Harmony Registered Senior Member

Electric Charge

Reiku, I agree that this is a difficult problem and I have struggled with the 'beginning of time' problem to try to find any solution. To state the problem in simple terms: space-time must exist for events to occur so how can a start event occur?

The only way out of this problem that I can see is the conclusion that space-time has always been in existence. So how can we reconcile this with an expanding universe and an apparent matter formation event occurring about 13.7 billion years ago?

Again the only way out of this problem that I can see is to use ideas from General Relativity regarding the rate of passage of time being affected by the geometry of space. In a finite universe with a space-time boundary it is proposed that as you go further and further back in time the volume of space tends to zero as time tends to minus infinity. This isn't really the focus of this thread but the idea is explained in more detail in:

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.lewis41/Space/Universe.htm

So in the light of the above, I still think it is correct to look for unification theories based on energy and momentum in space-time.

Harmony

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Bingo.

I actually believe the universe has always existed. For this kind of model, the universe just is.

11. Harmony Harmony Registered Senior Member

Electric Charge

What I am proposing is that space-time has always been in existence. The formation of matter arises when the expanding volume of the universe reaches a critical size where mass formation is needed to balance the total energy equation.

Harmony