Christain God vs Muslim God

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Quantum Quack, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Are the two Gods the same God?
    If so why do we appear to behave as if each group has a "monolpoly" over a particular version of the same God?
    care to discuss?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

There is only one God, and many gods, you just haven't A. realized it yet, or B. come to terms with it yet.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Christianity is true to the Will of God of Abraham. islam is not. Not much to discuss really. If one believes in the God of Abraham let them decide what is truth and what is the lie.

Simple as that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Adstar is some kind of Christian. If he were Muslim, he would say that Allah is also the God of Abraham. Moreover, he would say that Islam is true to the will of Allah.

8. Ripley Valued Senior Member

So, in either one of the fundamentalists, while lazily questioning the opposing eastern or western God, and during this crucial interlude, and somewhere in a darkly muted closet of their respective minds, God feels like a thorn in their heels.

And for that tiny split second when they pause to question, to wonder, to drift away carelessly like tumbleweed, they inadvertently experience... atheism.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  9. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Quantum Quack,

Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be?

Because we are egotistical.
    Just check out the discussions between Christian and Muslim, the contentious points aren't about God, but their religion, traditions, customs, and history.
    The scriptures which these religion adhere to, does not lend themselves to such materialism. They deal purely actions of the individual. And if that action is fixed into the fabric of a society, then the society will become the point of focus (Sodom and Gomora)

jan.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Allah has 99 faces, there's your hint. 99 virgins. 99 clean souls.

11. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Same god different teachings.

12. Yazata Valued Senior Member

There are philosophical questions about reference lurking in that question that I'll pass over.

I guess that both Christians and Muslims identify their own gods with the earlier god of the Jews. That god is the capitalized "God", and is the (so they all say) the one single God that exists. (That's why I'm often uncomfortable with capitalizing "God", since doing so implicitly privileges the Judeo-Christian-Islamic family of religions.)

Christianity and Islam recognize much of the Hebrew scriptures and have absorbed Jewish mythology as their own. So historically, it's kind of like a three-pronged fork, with Christianity and Islam branching out of the Jewish mythological root and setting up independent existence, proclaiming that they have received additional revelations that Jews don't acknowldge.

While both Christians and Muslims accept much of the Hebrew scriptures, they proceed to reinterpret them dramatically to make them consistent with their divergent later views.

Christians read many Old Testament passages in ways that Jews consider out-of-context, interpreting them as if they were prophecies of Christ to come.

Muslims think that both the Jews and the Christians misunderstood and consequently screwed up God's primordial revelation. They see themselves as basically restoring the religion of Noah and even of Adam and Eve, wihout all the Jews' ethnocentric 'chosen people' distortions and the Christians' polytheistic proclaimation of Christ as a salvational god.

Christians and Muslims both believe that they are the recipients of God's final-for-all-time revelation. It's just that the Christians think that it was the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the Muslims believe that it was God's revelation to Mohammed.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Yazata,

And consequently it becomes a squabble about unimportant things pertaining to God. The scriptures do not echo the sentiments displayed by both sides.

jan.

14. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I don't think these things are so unimportant or so superficial as you make them out to be.

Birth in the human body is precious, and one is born into a particular religio-socio-economical situation.

It is very easy to get killed for all kinds of reasons, including for not having the kind of view of God that other people around oneself have.

So, for the sake of preserving the life of this precious body, one would be prudent to understand the differences between religions and establish ways to get along with people of different religious affiliations.

15. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Yes, actually the same God that christians beleive in, muslims beleive in, but, christians beleive in the trinity, jesus, the holy spirit and the father I guess, while muslims only beleive in one God, and beleive in all the prophets that jews and christians beleive in, and also the prophet Mohamed (pbuh), and also consider Jesus (pbuh) a prophet, and not God or the son of God as christians beleive, because if they did beleive in that same way, that will make God, a human or a creature or whatever, it would make God anything but a creator, muslims beleive that God created the universe and the physic laws and everything (I have to mention that that doest mean to neglect science, the physical science, God ordered muslims to walk on earth and try to find out how life and creation started, seeking for knowledge is like worshiping God, infact, it is worshiping), and so, the physic laws and etc... that we know and that we don't know, are not applied upon God, God is not attached by any physic laws like time, or whatsoever.

I hope that that was helpfull

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Oh, and in Islam, you get for what you do, no one will "take" your sins for you and then you go to heaven, it's all about you, it depends on how you lived your life, and what you did in your life and what were your decision, and no not all muslims will go to heaven, and not all non-muslims will go to hell or to heaven too.

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

no, no and no.
    99 descriptions, or more to say, moral description, like the mercifull, the great, etc etc... and not 99 faces.
    There's nothing, I mean nothing in Islam about 72 or 99 "virgins" in "heaven", or clean souls too.

18. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Either way, there is only one God, and neither Christianity, or Islam represent him. And Im willing to fight for homosexuals, and women, In fact its on bitches.

20. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

& what does this have to do with the topic? Or even your post?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The interesting thing for me is that if the two Gods or three Gods are the one and the same God then we can only conclude that the disharmony between religious groups is man made and not God made. As suggested the claim to be more correctly following the will of God is pure egocentricism and nor about truth persee as all Gods are the same God.

It also stikes me that often religious groups forget that the God is the same God and if their ego's managed to remember this one salient fact their approach towards each other would be more tolerant and understanding of the natural blinding effect the ego has upon their thinking, teaching and actions... perhaps...
    But it is the demonstrated desire to monopolise the word of God that I find most facinating from a psychological perspective, a power game perhaps...a claim to a God Franchise that bars anyone esle from participating unless signed up and a member...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  22. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

There are alot of people for whom religious affiliation isn't a problem, and I don't see anyone trying to understand why or how this is so. Could it be that politically, people getting on with their lives, and respect that other people think and act differently to them, is not an option?

The majority of people in this world wouldn't be bothered about differences, if it wasn't a constant subject raised by the minorities. The issue isn't ''religion'', it's politics.

jan.

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Christian god vs. Muslim god? Both of them apparently hate homosexuals, and one of them doesn't like to look at women, think about it.