Why do we need a God?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by aaqucnaona, Jan 25, 2012.

?

Do we need [there to be] God?

1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
  1. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

I would say we dont. But this is a thread for the theists. I had the So what question come up in a thread with Wynn, where she says we cannot find, know or understand God. For God to have any relevance to us, he needs to effect us in some way. That is something that, if proven beyound reasonable doubt to NOT be random chance, would essentially proven SOME God.

*humour ahead*
    However, the way I see it, God is being laid off from many Jobs. We no longer is the one to create humans, create animals, create life, create earth and the solar system. He might, just might still be the one to create the universe.

His other job, everyday personal intervention, is in ruins. God is not coming in with the regularity or zest of before, when he performed miracles, magically inseminated virgins, gave revelations, controlled nature, fought evil and killed firstborns.
    *end of humour*

So now we have to ask, did God leave us, knowing that we can care for ourselves, having become spacefarers; and is therefor irrelevant anymore or Maybe, he wasn't there all along?

So - Do we need a God and Why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

I vote No, because -
    1.God of the Gaps is a big no-no.
    2.God, if existing, seems irrelevant [we dont need him to be there, even if he is].
    3.We have good, actual, useful and scientific explainations and more are coming up.

Btw,
    Point 2 is why I am also an apatheist.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I never said that, though.
    There is more detail to my argument, and your summary misses it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

What is that more detail?

8. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

My vote is a little of both, though I picked 'no'.

YES because, according STRICTLY to my own belief, God is everything. Without God, nothing exists. Please don't ask me to get into details. I'm not here to defend or explain my beliefs, not because I'm afraid of being proven wrong or anything like that. Simply because I accept that everyone has their own beliefs. Live and let live is my motto.

But NO, because unlike so many other people that believe in "God" (usually far different idelogies than mine), I don't believe that morality or purpose come from God. Both are social and individual constructs. I don't need any religion or God to tell me what is right or wrong nor do I need them to give purpose to my life.

If anything, I've probably got more of a Deist perspective (but not fully), so that may help in understanding where I'm coming from.

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

You act your talking all behind my back . I can hear you bro . My personal intervention is not ruins either . In Fact it is working better than ever. I am learning to control evolution it self now . Being at the top of the food chain does have its benefits. It is all about being able to understand the work . Not just the word but information flow and how it is formatted. That you all could read the god language that dictates your condition . That gift I would gladly give as it would make you more aware of how evil you really are . See you don't know that your evil is the thing. If every body does it how can it be evil is the mentality . Well every body does that is a frequent response or you might her " A Billion Chinese could not be wrong.
    You need Me . Yeah You do . When it is realized I busted my butt to change everything and got it done you will sing a different tune . More Like Thank you, Thank you Mikel.
    Be patient . it is a virtue . I am speeding up the process now . Took a while to be able to read the language much less speak it.

O.K. clue number one for the day at unraveling the mystery language . The tongue. It says a lot by the way it flickers and pokes in and out of the mouth . The twirl and just the opening of the mouth is a sign of acceptance. A willingness so to speak . So I was playing with Marcy at Albertsons and then tested it on a woman at the bus stop in front of my house . I made a compliment to Marcy about how I would be willing to please her in sexual type manners and the very second I did so her mouth opened and her tongue twirled . So I continued with " That is very nice Marcy , I really like that , it is very sexy . At that time her mouth started making fish lip movements . Or to say they were kissing the air .
    Then I got home and saw the woman at the bus stop and tested it . She had her back to Me but must of been able to sense my presents . I was thinking sexual stimulation thought about her and she whipped around and gave me the biggest inviting smile I have ever seen on a person . It shocked Me and the look of shook was on my face . This must of stirred the pop cause she keep looking back smiling as I headed into my house.
    So from my window I could look out and see her . If she looked back she would be able to see me looking at her. I started saying things about her vagina and how would pleasure her. She started Dancing and twitching her legs immediately. I continued with my rhetoric and she started looking around as she was dancing . Her mouth was in that open position . It was like looking for were your sexual feeling were coming from . Like she knew someone was thinking about her or rather she looked like she was on the prowl like a wild animal searching a field at a distance looking for prey . So Then I made a complement about how talented she was at giving pleasure her self . She turned almost directly in my direction were I could tell she could see Me but was not seeing Me . Like the person in the distance that is part of the scenery and not in the focused view . Like when we hunt in a tree stand and the animals can't see you because they don't expect you to be in the tree.
    So instantly after the complement of how she was so good at giving pleasure out comes the tongue motion with a full fledged twirl just like Marcy at Albertsons . The bus pulled up and she didn't turn back that direction until the doors on the bus opened . Very unnatural behavior. I watch a lot of people at the bus stop and they typically get antsy when the bus is half way down the block. Her mind was preoccupied on what ? My imaginary thoughts that you might think are my personal delusions or could it be that she was stimulated by her perception that I was there stimulating her ?

10. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Nice. And that is NOT a problem because you hold no dogma. You don't indoctrinate others. You dont do things out of irrational religious thought. You are the perfect theist.

A very smart choice and refreshing display of honesty, reasoning and intellectual integrity as well as a well refined morality. You are the best theist I ever met.

I think your position is better described as deistic spinozism - the creator god as a non-supernatural being, inherent in the wonder and beauty of the world and the laws and processes that it works by. Its the perfect blend of theism and scientism. Of course, it is, by strict definition, pragmatic or practical atheism, i.e. you don't hold a belief in the truth of religious dogmas or their scriptures - but it is actually in the fuzzy zone of deep science where atheist cannot be considered the only rational stand.

But great to see there are such good theists around! Have a nice day.

11. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Me-ki, why are your posts so, um, esoteric? And what is the deal about whispers and hypnotic orgasms of nuns? Care to teach us a trick or two?
    Are your accounts real? Are they elaborate stories? To what end do you write these accounts? AND WHAT DO YOU DO and HOW DO YOU DO IT ?!?

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

My accounts are real life as it unfolds . They seem bigger when something is put into print I believe . Like Bible Stories . They could be explainable or more natural to life as we know it if we were first hand witnesses , but the minute they were put on paper the grandeur started. Then add in telling the story over and over again .

My stories are my true life account of my travels through life. My best recollections of events unfolding .
    I got to say I did not exaggerate those Nuns wiggling one off either. They did it and I saw them do it . There was no mistake in that one . Fuck I was a sexual slave of a bunch of hooks once when I was 18 to 20 so I know when a woman wiggles one off I guarantee you of that .

13. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Ok. But -
    What is it that you do?
    How do you do it?
    Please share your knowledge with us?

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

We don't, we have his spirits (i.e. Faith, Hope, Science, Knowledge, Valor, Bravery, Patience, and of course the Son, Passive) that is enough, but we do have Him. You just need to know where, and where not to look.

I understand a great deal of God, ask away children. I know him, and have found him.

Howdy. I have faith in God, which makes me into the perfectly moral human being. Point made. Maybe not, I would still be perfectly moral, but I probably would have been popping heathen off by now if were to only live but once, which would put my perfect life at risk. Point me!

That is something that, if proven beyound reasonable doubt to NOT be random chance, would essentially proven SOME God.

God created all, especially evolution.

Im still here brother. What is bothering you?

Killed first borns, whwhwhat? Askingaskingaskingaskingasking. God did no such thing, nor did he order it. In fact, the killing of first born was committed by order of the Jews Who Are Not to kill off the Holy.

Never.

With out God are existence is the result of trillions tiny random events, yes, we need him.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

God created all.

He stays out of the way. For men like you, and I we do not need him.

Top this. God created everything, even what you are about think of next.

16. aaqucnaona This sentence is a lie Valued Senior Member

Knowledge, I dont see you making anything more than stabs in the dark with unproven assumptions and vague terms - care to back up what you said? Dont give any evidence for now, just tell me why your statements are true.

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

More specific please.

18. arauca Banned Banned

Have you thought for a moment that you are 1/ 6 billion of humanity , You and others might not need Him because you relay on man or alcohol or other drugs to find happiness

Perhaps I need Him and other millions need him to have peace and security in their life

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

So is this asking why do we need a god or how does one prove god?

Creation is simply one of his job descriptions - the other two are maintenance and destruction.
    On contrary the whole issue of birth, death and old age seems as pertinent as it was way back when ...

For as long as one isn't really interested in making actual solutions to material existence (in short : attachment to things that will shortly cease to exist) one will have a tough time understanding the relevance of god or the role the material world plays in the divine orchestration of things

:shrug:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Maintenance and destruction are left up to his helpers when time becomes dragged out.

Your gonna die, sorry.

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

He needs me. He already created me, my friends and I took over from there. With his guidance of course. Did I mention I can make Him non-existent with a few simple words and a few fist pounds upon a altar in front of billions world wide? Faith is king until Jesus returns. Blessed he who is in Heaven, and he who is to return, and He, who sits above.

22. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Another fun filled weekend with self-worship mixed with LSD, ey knowledge?

23. river

NO

but god needs us

ancient sumer writings , and back beyond really