Dualistic biology and secondary information system?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Alexander1304, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Hello all,
    Here is extract from one website,where the proponent claims that there are indications that humans have 2 information systems,one on material level another one on mirror level:

"DUALISTIC BIOLOGY
    This theory is based on the assumption that living organisms make invisible mirror copies of themselves (parallel dimension, mind, dark matter, mirror particles).
    Benveniste´s experiment and Kirlian photography of a cut leaf are indications that mirror copies of molecules and atoms are a reality.
    Libet`s experiment, blindsight, endospores, seeds, phantom limbs and tardigrades are examples which indicate that organisms have developed a second information system on mirror world level.

Libet´s Sensory Experience Backwards in Time-experiment is a good demonstration that humans have two information systems: 1. The nerve impulse to cerebral cortex + 0.5 sec to consciousness in the material brain. 2. A fraction of a second (faster-than-light) on the unconscious mirror world level to mind brain.
    Consciousness appears where mind brain is connected to the materialistic brain. Neurotransmittors act as body-mind transducers.

My interpretation of Benveniste´s experiment: Every molecule has a corresponding mirror copy of the molecule. A copy ("key") can react on a specific receptor molecule ("lock") on body level according to the immunological principle."

http://web.telia.com/~u59500234/ED03.htm

What do you guys think?Is it worth some serious attention or mere speculation?
    My major point here is this: ""Libet`s experiment, blindsight, endospores, seeds, phantom limbs and tardigrades are examples which indicate that organisms have developed a second information system on mirror world level."
    We got a claim here.Can it be refuted?I think claim on phantom limbs can be refuted,what about the rest?"
    Thank you,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

New age hand waving garbage.

No

I don't think it indicates that at all.

So, I can claim marmosets are aliens.

Sure, but that would simply be a waste of time that could more effectively be used staring into space.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Thanks,origin

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Let's examine his claim form here:
    http://web.telia.com/~u59500234/ED04.htm
    "Libet´s experiment, blindsight, phantom arms and legs and the smell show that the second information system exists"
    Well,blindsight and phantom limbs have perfect neurological explanation.Smell?I don't see how it relates to "secondary system".The only issue I find(for now) is to refute his claim about Libet's experiment.Here is how he explains it:
    "According to Libet´s experiment the sensory experience is taken "backwards" in time. This can naturally not be true. The nerve impulse from the finger reaches the brain and consciousness appears after 0.5 s. A faint stimuli causes an evoked response but not consciousness. An evoked response is changes of the electrical fields of the brain measured by EEG. A strong stimuli causes an evoked response and consciousness. Consciousness is delayed but not the subjective experience (Libet). The signal on mind level reaches the mind brain direct via the second information system with a speed faster-than-light, immediate (subliminal perception). "
    Doesn't sound a bit fantastic and far-fetched?And I think Libet had his hypothesis on that

8. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Particles might have a twin, but I don't see how that leads to all of this mind/body connection.

9. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Thanks,Pincho Paxton.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your welcome.

11. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

My thinking is that twin particles would lead to basic symmetry... left/right handedness... cell division, basic direction interpretation, and action to equal reaction.

12. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

That's ok,but this guy makes theory based on assumptions that biological organisms "created invisible copies of themselves" - i wonder by what mechanism?Another point - I was in correpsondence with few astrophysicists who are leading authors about "mirror matter",they say there are hardly supposed to be presense of mirror matter on Earth

13. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I agree with the invisible copies, but I think that mirror matter is inside matter. So really, the symmetry remains the same. It's a bit like the letter 'X'. You have 4 prongs that are mirrored, but when you cut an 'X' in half you can't really see which parts are connected to which.

14. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Yes,but You don't state something similar to author.He is talking about "dualism" that,kind of that mirror copies are the "soul"

15. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Just few minutes ago I got e-mail from eminent paranormal researcher Alan Gauld to whom I sent the same I posted in OP.His reply : "I can't see how he can draw any conclusions from the empirical studies he cites about his very nebulous idea of 'biological dualiusm'!"

16. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Well I am not meant to copy what the author said. I am meant to give my own opinion. I am covering zero state, which means that we need opposite forces to cancel each other out. One of those forces should be a mirror particle. Yeah, and it has a sort of soul aspect to it, but not mentally (or maybe it does, I'm not sure).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  17. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

I wonder mostly here about Libet's experiment

18. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Ask Libet then.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You can't expect people in a thread to just use the words of Libet.

19. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Hi passed away,but I'll try to search on Internet about it

20. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

How about his arguments here?
    "The arguments for that the soul is a mirror image of the body

1. The crossing of the nerves in the medulla oblongata means that the memory of
    the brain is situated in the mirror copy of the brain.

2. Heart chakra: physical heart on the left, spiritual heart on the right and heart
    chakra in center.

3. The energy channels (nadi) in the etheric body are mirror images of the nerves
    in the physical body.

4. Chiasma optica: the crossing of the optic nerves "

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

It does? How so?

I only see evidence for 1 heart.

What is the evidence that a etheric body exists?

This proves the soul exists?:shrug:

22. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Thanks,origin.I must say I am very gullible person,and buy almost everything I read.But my gut feeling told me that there was something wrong with these arguments.You confirmed it

23. Alexander1304 Registered Senior Member

Right now I occasionally went to his site,and found there something that mind simply boggles.I think the right definition to it is : empty assertion.Have a look: “The static mirror world is a background to the material world. Universe expands (scientific time) in an independent static mirror world where every universe has its time. All universes (memories) in the mind brain can be reached from the material brain.“
    Wow...