Perpetual motion

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by thinhnghiem, Dec 24, 2011.

1. thinhnghiem Registered Senior Member

Dears,
    I am investigating a way to make a perpetual motion based on permanent magnet. Below are details:
    1. Tools and facilities:
    a. 3 annular shape permanent magnets
    b. 2 tiny circle permanent magnets
    2. Steps to perform:
    a. Paste the two annular magnets together by their south poles. Their north poles are turned out
    b. Then paste two tiny magnets at the two sides of the annular magnets above with the north poles are turned out to make a weight
    c. Tie this weight with a thread and hook up as a pendulum
    d. Put the north pole of the remaining annular magnet near the north pole of the 2 other ones to make the thrust
    3. Operation:
    - By the thrust of the annular magnets, the thread is twisted and the pendulum rotates
    - The north pole of the tiny magnet at the side of the pendulum is faced with the north pole of the third magnet. It results in the spinning back of the pendulum. The north poles of the annular magnets face each other again.
    - This period repeats to make the pendulum vibrates continuously
    I have repeats this experiment many times. The pendulum can last its motion for a long times. However, it finally stops.
    I post my article here so that any reader can consult me how to improve the solution to last the motion. This is an opening discussion
    You can contact me in this forum, or by email: thinh_nb@yahoo.com. I will send the detail description with images.

Thinh Nghiem from Vietnam

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wlminex Banned Banned

Thinh: . . . . prepare yourself . . . for an onslaught of derision and insult by a few Sciforums nitwits who claim to be "all-knowing"!! Merry Christmas, if that is your persuasion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Then it's not perpetual motion, is it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Give it a rest. We get it, you are bitter about having your ideas slated due to their complete lack of logic, methodology or reason but you are just whining all the time. For someone advanced in years and supposedly familiar with science you act like a child. Out of the box thinking doesn't mean just making crap up or contradicting fact is somehow defensible. There is a very real difference between novel thinking and just pulling false assertions out of ones orifices. Until you realise this your whining will only serve to make you look more and more like a spoilt child who has thrown a tantrums when he has been told 'no' by someone.

No one here is claiming to be all knowing except hacks like Pincho. You complaining about people like myself while simultaneously ignoring the delusional claims of people like Pincho is just dishonest hypocrisy.

I shouldn't be having to tell you this but grow up.

8. Boris2 Valued Senior Member

there are many other ways to occupy your time. some of them may even be productive. this one isn't.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

But we could talk about it forever...

10. RJBeery Natural Philosopher Valued Senior Member

Thinh, I admire that you have the tenacity to dream up such a device and actually build it. Many people talk a lot but stop short when it's time to actually do something with their theories. The problem, however, is that what you are trying to do is theoretically impossible. This does not mean that it is "really difficult" or that you just need some help improving your device; it means that it is not physically possible, no matter what you do, period. Do a google search for "over unity" devices and there will be plenty of material to read, as well as why they are a fantasy.

I would recommend that you invest your efforts into another area of Physics!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. el es Registered Senior Member

12. wlminex Banned Banned

RJB: . . . nice, friendly, and supportive response to Thinh . . . . others should take note

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's stopping it is that energy is dissipated (a) by the string twisting and (b) by air resistance.

So if you want it to go longer, try moving the whole thing into a vacuum container and pumping the air out. Also, you need to find a good torsion string.

It still won't go forever. Perpetual motion is impossible.

14. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Well, time might be captured somehow. But for now it is out of our grasp.

15. thinhnghiem Registered Senior Member

Yes, that's why i post here for your consultation to improve it

16. steampunk Registered Senior Member

It is not possible. There are several angles to explain why. I will pick an easy conceptual angle: Newton's First Law - An object continues in a straight line at a constant velocity or at rest unless it interacts with another object.

All things are in motion. When you consider all things, motion is perpetual, never ending. Motion is energy and energy is nor created or destroyed. Things may rearrange slow down or pick up speed, but they do change any thing without interaction with another object. When two things interact, one thing slows and the other picks up speed. This is a transfer of energy.

Now in order to create perpetual motion you have to create a perfect balance of two objects continually rebounding from each other. Because so many things are connected, getting two things to do this would be near impossible or impossibe. Even if you could, you have one more problem: getting energy from this perpetual motion machine without eventually causing it to come to rest. Remember, when objects interact, the object getting the energy speeds up and the one slowing down looses the energy.