Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom?

All attempts to define a Shangri-La have failed because of boredom.

An everlasting, non-changing environment, whatever it is, like heaven, would be quite boring.

If you had absolutely no change in your life and no chance for change, how long would it take for you to get bored, if not go completely crazy, from life?

Not long I would wager.

God may have created man to change His boring existence. He may have chosen to add chaos to an otherwise unchanging system. To add evil where no evil was before. To add conflict and share his power with the forces of evil.

In other words, did God need evil to give his own existence meaning?

Take evil out of God’s systems and is there any reason for Him to continue living?
    Seems not.
    Is this why He lets evil continue?

He must have some reason and the above seems to me to be the only way to justify the existence of evil and the fact that God does not end it.

He, like humankind, needs evil, change and surprises to make life worth living.

He could end evil anytime. The fact that He does not speaks volumes of God’s need for it.

Is evil just a tool against God’s boredom or is there a better reason for God to leave it here with us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgjF4dYUhD8

This clip puts the reason for evil as free will.
    I do not agree as if that were true, then God would not kill any of us as that would interfere with our free will choice to live.
    Either free will is sacred or it is not. It cannot be both violatable and non-violatable.

Is God just bored and using us for entertainment?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Then he's evil himself and not worthy of worship. Also, he's not the Christian god who is omnibenevolent.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

There are many Christian Gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aYaV72MmWo

Regards
    DL