Defend your religion thread.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by kx000, Dec 10, 2011.

1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Why is your religion not complete crap? There is absolutley nothing to prove God except the human spirit, and the idea of God transending all civilizaition. God does not equal religion, in fact it is quite the opposite. God would preach equality down to the point of getting rid of man made label. God despises violence, even violence in retaliation to violence is violence. Muslims support suicide bombings, Catholics molest little boys, and think the crusades where what God wants, and Judens DO NOT protect themselves they expect God to do everything. The most pure religion ever was the Egyptia deity system, period.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

My spiritual practice is $hit.
    If you let $hit age properly, it becomes great fertilizer.
    My $hit will allow me to blossom.

Thus it serves it's purpose.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Catholic nuns use force to teach. Islam, and Catholics say being gay is a sin. Thats like telling a black man he is a sinner for being black. Catholics use a woden idol to worship God. Jesus is not God, he is Yashua Son of Man.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Well done. Remember, good fruit can not come of a bad tree.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

How does your spiritual practice help you, Knowledge?

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

My spiritual practice is simple. Observe original sin. Original sin being the lust of knowledge. What I do is sit there all day and clear my mind of pestualnt questions. I am achieving enlightenment as we speak. It allows me to see the world in a very pure way. I am able to judge others, while observing my own actions. My spirituality has effectivly made me indestructable.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

My religion is San Francisco profesional sports. My religion creates unity, loyalty, and devotion. However, it also breeds fanatcism, and ignorance. Being a Christian is just like being a devoted Giants fan. Just because you are good fan of a baseball team does not in any way mean you are knowledgeable in any way about the sport of baseball. Just because you are a "good" Christian, or Muslim does not mean you are knowledgeable in any way about godlyness.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Interesting. The older I get, the more I like compassion, the more I dislike rendering judgment on anyone.

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I do not like to judge at all, but most people who will be judged undescent are the first to judge another.

13. toltec Registered Senior Member

Cthulhu's Wager measures the benefits/punishments of belief/non-belief in Cthulhu.

It follows logic thusly:

Cthulhu, if he exists, exists somewhere inaccessible to human beings, so we cannot be certain of his existence or nonexistence.

If Cthulhu exists, he will give a quick and relatively merciful death to those who have worshipped him and expressed their belief through self-flagellation and ritual sacrifice.
    If Cthulhu exists, he will condemn those who have not worshipped him to an eternity of suffering and torment.

You may worship Cthulhu, and Cthulhu exists, in which case you get a swift death.
    You may worship Cthulhu, and Cthulhu doesn't exist, in which case you gain nothing.
    You may not worship Cthulhu, and Cthulhu doesn't exist, in which you gain nothing.
    You may not worship Cthulhu, and Cthulhu exists, in which case you suffer infinite pain.

The following table shows the values assigned to each possible outcome:
    Cthulhu exists (p)
    Cthulhu does not exist (1 − p)
    Worship of Cthulhu (EP1) < ∞ (finite pain) 0
    Non-Worship of Cthulhu (EP2) = ∞ (infinite pain) 0

Now you must wager: do you choose to worship him or not?

So we can describe our calculus of pain, holding (p) as the probability that Cthulhu exists, and (1 − p) that he does not exist.

If you worship him, we assign X1 as the pain if he does exist, and X2 as the pain if he does not exist. X2 is less than X1 because in both instances you go through the pain associated with worshipping Cthulhu, but in X1,, you also get eaten, which is more painful.

If you worship him your expected pain (EP1) is some finite constant:

EP1 = p(X1) + (1 − p)(X2)

For the case where you do not worship him, we assign Y1 as the pain if he does exist, and Y2 as the pain if he does not exist. Y2 will be zero or negative, because you actually get pleasure if you don't worship him and he does not exist.

If you do not worship him, your expected pain is:

EP2 = p(Y1) + (1 − p)(Y2)

However, (Y1), the pain if he does exist and you don't worship him, is infinite. Therefore, expected pain is infinite if you do not worship him, no matter what the associated probability (p).

As infinite pain is always greater than any finite pain, EP2 is always greater than EP1.

Therefore, in order to minimize your pain, the only rational thing for you to do is to pick EP1, and worship Cthulhu through self-flagellation and ritual sacrifice. QED
    source http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cthulhu

ph'nglui mglw'nafh cthulhu r'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

14. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

So by purging yourself of knowledge, you absolve yourself from original sin.

Congratulations, you've succeeded.

15. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Won't that make you grow hair on the back of your hands and make you go blind?

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Purging? Making myself puke? I don't do that.

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I Cithlulu exist then he has to do something about me. If Cithlulu ever existed he is dead now because I surly killed him.

18. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Knowledge --

Your spirituality hasn't made you indestructible, it's made you ignorant.

19. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Your ignorant to the fact you do not know, and that my faith holds water to people all over the world.

20. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Knowledge --

I'm pretty sure that I know a hell of a lot more than you, your faith does nothing but blind you to the fact that you know less than my brother did when he was ten.

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Faith is blinding. Hope is my everlasting reward.

22. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Oh Blinding Light

Oh Light That Blinds

Look Out For Me

I Can Not See

23. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Light is knowledge