was it a ghost or just a part of my imagination?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by parul, Dec 7, 2011.

1. parul Registered Senior Member

it was just a couple days ago when i saw a little kid standing in the middle of the staircase, when i followed him to the first floor, he kinda vanished away.
    i thought it to be a aprt of my imagination but yesterday i came to know from the landlords of the place that their kid died of sickness.
    this incident do not make any sense to me. is there a possibbility that the kid i saw was a ghost?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

My mother, who is a very practical woman in all respects, awoke one night to see a woman in her bedroom. She said that she was not frightened, rather curious, and was able to note in great detail the appearance of this 'person', who very soon thereafter walked out of the room and was 'gone'.

(The house was locked up as tight as a drum.)

In discussing the incident with one of the long term neighbors, she was greeted with a strange look and the response, "You have just described the wife of the builder and former owner of your house, right down to her distinctive wardrobe."

My mother had never seen a picture of the woman or known that she had died in the house.

Some things remain difficult to explain. :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

I've seen a ghost too... Similar to your experience. I saw a girl with a stack of hay... wait for it... on her back, and I observed it in a Hotel in Rothsey in Scotland...

I still don't know if it was a mind playing tricks.??

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nope.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I've had similar experiences where I've noticed something out of the ordinary, rarely in my direct line of vision... but the worst was while driving - I saw out of the corner of my eye this red sports car, a cherry red Corvette Stingray coupe, pull up alongside me as I neared the hill leading down to my house - it is a two lane wide, two-way street lined with trees on either side, but leading up to the hill is a lane and a half "shoulder" that, honestly, I dont' know what it's used for... this car pulls up alongside me just as we get to the end of the shoulder area, scared the living hell out of me cause I thought it was some jackass trying to pass me who miscalculated his speed - I slammed on the brakes so that they could swerve into my lane and NOT slam into the treeline. The car continues until it's back bumper passes my front bumper, then vanishes; no poof, no nothing, just ceases to exist.

What REALLY freaks me out about all this is I HEARD the car as well... but my wife, who was in the passenger seat, didn't see or hear anything, and she looked at me like I was insane when I slammed on the brakes.

*shrugs* To this day I don't have a good explanation for it save one - a few years before I was born, someone drove a 1974 Chevy Stingray along that stretch of road and lost control going down the hill, slamming into a tree at the bottom of the hill. Apparently they were killed.

Yeah... creepy.

9. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Why did you just say "nope"?

10. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I think there are several possibilities with ghosts.

a) Maybe they are spirits.
    b) maybe they have experienced an emotional connection in an area and stay connected to the house/objects. The walls themselves absorbed the emotion.
    c) Maybe time does not exist, and everything is occurring at the same time. Past/present/future and we caught a glimpse into the past/future.

I have heard of those three theories, or possibly one too many poppy seed bagels in the morning.

11. parul Registered Senior Member

this all is rather more creepy, today i saw something blurred figure wandering in the house in day time, it scared me to death

12. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Dunno, I read some serious posts in here. I can't crack the intent, so at the moment I have 80% belief in the posts. If there is anything in ghosts at all it would be something to do with the arrangement of atoms in the eyes that detect them, so that would be a place to start searching. They would be negative mass, and our eyes weren't designed to detect it, but by having the atoms out of line you might pick up Dark Matter as it is called. It doesn't mean I have a theory, it just means that if you are 100% sure of yourselves then the alignment of atoms in the eyes is the first link.

13. parul Registered Senior Member

so how is that supposed to happen?

14. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Fish live in water, so fish don't want to evolve to see water, else they can't see so well. But there would be some cases where a fish has a mutation that allows it to see water, and then the fish gets eaten, because it isn't so good at getting away. If some people see ghosts, it is up to them to prove it. So I am suggesting that they start with examining the eyes of people that see ghosts. See if the rods are the same.

15. parul Registered Senior Member

can that adaptation be genetic? i mean, are the rod cells of such ppls, are they supposed to be similar in the genetic composition?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Really?

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Just your imagination.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no possibility that he saw a ghost.

19. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Magnets are powered by a certain alignment of atoms in iron, so I am thinking along the lines that the rods have a different alignment.

20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You tend to do this alot. You assume something fantastic, and then try to analyze it. This is how science fiction is done not science.

Are the rods different in people who see ghosts? No, the correct answer is they don't see ghost - they imagine they see ghosts.

It is like trying to figure out what type of fish the Lock Ness monster eats.

21. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I know the answer to that one - Lock Ness lives on fish 'n' ships.

22. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

You tend to do this a lot, you use your version as the 'correct answer', when in fact this is unknown. Not only is it unknown, but you are also just moving the different rods that I proposed, and changing them into different imagination propagation.. which would almost be identical to different rods.

For example If I were to say that I had an itch on my elbow, you are basically arguing... "The correct answer is that the itch was formed in your brain."

You are only moving the observation point, and that is almost impossible to be redirected in an argument at this point in time. Where I made a proposal, instead of a proposal you used the words 'Correct Answer'. And that isn't how science works.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

When I was a student, I came home late one night and found a bag of fish and chips in the fridge. I thought one of the other students had left it there, and decided to eat it. It was cold, but delicious. I also used the last of someone's milk, and found a cake. What a feast!

The next day no-one was moaning about all the stolen food, so I asked about the fish and chips. They all looked horrified and told me the story.
    It seems the house used to be a fish and chip shop back in Victorian days, and the owner of the shop had choked while eating a cake.
    He was an old Polish man called Miejskiego Mitu.
    I looked in the bin, and could find no trace of the chip wrapper I had thrown into it the previous night.
    It taught me a lesson, and I never stole anything from the fridge again.
    Mainly because they put a lock on it, but that's another story.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011