Aurora Texas Incident - A very intruiging mystery!

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Reiku, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Texas_UFO_Incident

During the 1896–1897 timeframe (some six or seven years before the Wright Brothers' first flight), numerous sightings of a cigar-shaped mystery airship were reported across the United States.

One of these accounts appeared in the April 19, 1897 edition of the Dallas Morning News. Written by Aurora resident S.E. Haydon[2], the alleged UFO is said to have hit a windmill on the property of a Judge J.S. Proctor two days earlier at around 6am local (Central) time[3], resulting in its crash. The pilot (who was reported to be "not of this world", and a "Martian" according to a purported Army officer from nearby Fort Worth)[4] did not survive the crash, and was buried "with Christian rites" at the nearby Aurora Cemetery. (The cemetery contains a Texas Historical Commission marker mentioning the incident.[5])

Purportedly, wreckage from the crash site was dumped into a nearby well located under the damaged windmill, while some ended up with the alien in the grave. Adding to the mystery was the story of Mr. Brawley Oates, who purchased Judge Proctor's property around 1945. Oates cleaned out the debris from the well in order to use it as a water source, but later developed an extremely severe case of arthritis, which he claimed to be the result of contaminated water from the wreckage dumped into the well. As a result, Oates sealed up the well with a concrete slab and placed an outbuilding atop the slab. (According to writing on the slab, this was done in 1957.)

And yet, as good as all that sounds, the mystery deepens. If it had been realized that real fragments of metal was found in the cemetery, this would of great interest, to either enthusiasts or perhaps a more sinister twist, officials working in an arm of the government, since:

MUFON then investigated the Aurora Cemetery, and uncovered a grave marker that appeared to show a flying saucer of some sort, as well as readings from its metal detector. MUFON asked for permission to exhume the site, but the cemetery association declined permission. After the MUFON investigation, the marker mysteriously disappeared from the cemetery and a three-inch pipe was placed into the ground; MUFON's metal detector no longer picked up metal readings from the grave, thus it was presumed that the metal was removed from the grave.

But what adds more to the mystery is this:

The documentary featured one notable change from the UFO Files story – Tim Oates, nephew of Brawley Oates and the now-owner of the property with the sealed well where the UFO wreckage was purportedly buried, allowed the investigators to unseal the well, in order to examine it for possible debris. Water was taken from the well which tested normal except for large amounts of aluminum present; the well had no significant contents. It was stated in the episode that any large pieces of metal had been removed from the well by a past owner of the property. Further, the remains of a windmill base were found near the well site, which refuted Ms. Pegues' statements (from the 1979 Time magazine article) that Judge Proctor never had a windmill on his property.

In addition, the Aurora Cemetery was again examined. Although the cemetery association still did not permit exhumation, using ground-penetrating radar and photos from prior visits, an unmarked grave was found in the area near other 1890's graves.[7][8] However, the condition of the grave was badly deteriorated, and the radar could not conclusively prove what type of remains existed.

So, I feel, the real problem is that by the time anyone is granted permission to check the site, all evidence will be gone. Either removed or will be beyond scientific examination.

The real mystery behind this case is a good bed time story, in which I will say goodnight, god bless.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

You left out the section discussing it being a hoax to bring life back to a dying town. Also, the newspaper clipping shown seems to be a much later date, as it refers to the "1897 UFO crash", as well as having actual photos, probably not something found for a while. Certainly something like this would have more documentation at that time by somebody.

Given the evidence there is...why would this be all that intriguing?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

Because the Hoax theory more or less falls apart. One of the main arguements of the hoax was that there was no well on the property. It turned out there indeed had been a well, which punced a significant hole into that theory. Now, there is actually more evidence which has not been included in the wiki article.

Ivestigators went to the area of the alleged crash site. They excavated a very interesting small peice of metal. It had been sent to two laboraties, if my memory serves me right. The final conclusion is that the metal had Oxidized in the air first, before cooling as a molten liquid on the ground, which, according to the initial reports is what happened.

Furthermore, there was a very interesting property to the metal. It was in fact 95% alluminium and 5% Iron. Now, in the industrial modern world, this is a ''no-no''. What I have been led to believe is that it is very difficult to mix aluminuim and Iron together. To do so, would have to be under laboratory conditions, using very high temperatures.

Now, to add to the mystery, keep in mind the analysis of the well. This strange peice of metal found at the crash site fitting the description of all the evidence, was primarily aluminium. The well which was reported to have had much of the debris thrown in (but then later removed) had extremely high traces of aluminium.

Starting to add up for you? This is why it is intruiging, who in their right minds would say it isn't? Not to mention the grave stone was stollen and whatever metallic fragmets where in the grave have now been stolen. There is more intruiging evidence that something serious was going on.

You did not find the crash site on the first page headlines... it was on page 6 I believe, along with 16 other UFO cases!!! Very odd to find this many cases, around the nieghbouring states there was a major flash of sightings over the weeks to come. Investigators found that the alleged people, where indeed real, normal, hard working pillars of the community that had seen an object traversing the skies. Some stated the object moved at 100 miles per hour. Now the top speed back then was 30-35 miles per hour by train. So to them, saying it moved at 100 miles per hour, is like us today saying something moved at 1000 miles per hour (you just need to check the washington 1952 case for an example of that).

Very mysterious and a very intruiging peice of history. There are more people now who believe something has happened that day. More to the point, what makes it most intruiging, is that it was seven years before the Wright Brothers flight, which means only one thing, whoever the traveller in the airship was could not have been human.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

What's amazing is how tons of mysterious metal can just disappear. What labs did the workup, and where's their findings?

As for the movement of 100 mph, there's been plenty of examples in modern time of people misjudging speed or size because of their viewpoint or lack of reference points. And this coming from people who have a sense of what 100mph might be like.

Even if this had some substance, it's a very cold case. But without anything material, it's just hearsay. I'd even venture that something did happen there, but was used as a background for a more elaborate story to try and get people to come back to Aurora. This is one part of the story that is accounted for, that the population was dwindling fast.

8. Reiku Banned Banned

It was admitted by people that the metal was moved and where it was moved to is a bit of a mystery. The last place we knew where it was, was in the well, but had been moved since, and where to, we don't know.

So, yes. It is myserious that quite a lot of metal has simply vanished. It could have been turned into molten metal, uses for other things. The military might have got their hands on it. It might have been buried in a remote mountainside somewhere.

Indeed, who knows?

The labs, the second one wanted to remain anonymous. That is usually a sign that they don't want to disturb their reputation, so we may consider them quite high up. The first one was conducted in an aerospace labaratory. From 4:30 onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWfniKh8PWM&feature=related

Interestingly, I should have mentioned that when you have Iron and Alluminium together, it should indicate the presence of Zink. But there was none.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

But more than just ''something'' happened, if you study all the evidence. The forensic evidence alone suggests that there had been debris, metal debris at the site of the crash and had been moved to the well. On top of that, during MUFON (is it) investigations, they uncovered two new witnesses who had heard about the crash. They had been real live witnesses at the time. None will exist today

10. Arioch Valued Senior Member

Could have been a cannon shell. Not only do they fly very fast but certain visibility factors could easily make one look like a cigar shape. The rest is simple human nature and opportunism. The people get there, find a cannon shell, and decide that this would be a great way to revitalize their dying town. They dumped the only evidence down the well and created the hoax to draw tourists and new settlers to their town.

Simple.

11. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes as the HOAX theory goes. You will find any hoax theory today in contradiction to true events.

Yet, as an investigator, you would fail. You are ignoring the evidence taken from the crash site, and the corresponding (entangled

) evidence taken from the well. Not to mention extra witnesses to the event which were not discovered until people started poking their noses about the very small village of Aurora.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

What evidence? According to your post they either dumped it in the well where it probably got washed into a groundwater aquifer feeding the well and a few things buried with the body that we don't know where it is either. All you've got are some eyewitness accounts and a very small and dying town with a very large motive for the hoax. Unless you're going to surprise me with hard evidence(a piece of the craft or the corpse of the pilot) you've got nothing at all.

You mean after everyone had a chance to get their stories straight. You're forgetting rule number one here, everyone lies, the only variable is what they lie about. These townsfolk had the perfect motive for creating the hoax, combine that with the completely lack of physical evidence, also thanks to the townsfolk, and the only theory that makes any sort of sense at all is that it was a hoax designed to revitalize their dying town.

Funny though, when the government comes out and says that ETs aren't here you're among the first to call them liars(all without providing any sort of evidence), but when people come out supporting your beliefs you instantly assume, even when you have good reason not to, that they're telling the truth. Blinkered vision much?

13. Reiku Banned Banned

What evidence, are you intentionally being blind????

Purportedly, wreckage from the crash site was dumped into a nearby well located under the damaged windmill, while some ended up with the alien in the grave. Adding to the mystery was the story of Mr. Brawley Oates, who purchased Judge Proctor's property around 1945. Oates cleaned out the debris from the well in order to use it as a water source, but later developed an extremely severe case of arthritis, which he claimed to be the result of contaminated water from the wreckage dumped into the well. As a result, Oates sealed up the well with a concrete slab and placed an outbuilding atop the slab. (According to writing on the slab, this was done in 1957.)

The documentary featured one notable change from the UFO Files story – Tim Oates, nephew of Brawley Oates and the now-owner of the property with the sealed well where the UFO wreckage was purportedly buried, allowed the investigators to unseal the well, in order to examine it for possible debris. Water was taken from the well which tested normal except for large amounts of aluminum present; the well had no significant contents. It was stated in the episode that any large pieces of metal had been removed from the well by a past owner of the property. Further, the remains of a windmill base were found near the well site, which refuted Ms. Pegues' statements (from the 1979 Time magazine article) that Judge Proctor never had a windmill on his property.

In addition, the Aurora Cemetery was again examined. Although the cemetery association still did not permit exhumation, using ground-penetrating radar and photos from prior visits, an unmarked grave was found in the area near other 1890's graves.[7][8] However, the condition of the grave was badly deteriorated, and the radar could not conclusively prove what type of remains existed.

Ivestigators went to the area of the alleged crash site. They excavated a very interesting small peice of metal. It had been sent to two laboraties, if my memory serves me right. The final conclusion is that the metal had Oxidized in the air first, before cooling as a molten liquid on the ground, which, according to the initial reports is what happened.

Furthermore, there was a very interesting property to the metal. It was in fact 95% alluminium and 5% Iron. Now, in the industrial modern world, this is a ''no-no''. What I have been led to believe is that it is very difficult to mix aluminuim and Iron together. To do so, would have to be under laboratory conditions, using very high temperatures.

Now, to add to the mystery, keep in mind the analysis of the well. This strange peice of metal found at the crash site fitting the description of all the evidence, was primarily aluminium. The well which was reported to have had much of the debris thrown in (but then later removed) had extremely high traces of aluminium.

Starting to add up for you? This is why it is intruiging, who in their right minds would say it isn't? Not to mention the grave stone was stollen and whatever metallic fragmets where in the grave have now been stolen. There is more intruiging evidence that something serious was going on.

You did not find the crash site on the first page headlines... it was on page 6 I believe, along with 16 other UFO cases!!! Very odd to find this many cases, around the nieghbouring states there was a major flash of sightings over the weeks to come. Investigators found that the alleged people, where indeed real, normal, hard working pillars of the community that had seen an object traversing the skies. Some stated the object moved at 100 miles per hour. Now the top speed back then was 30-35 miles per hour by train. So to them, saying it moved at 100 miles per hour, is like us today saying something moved at 1000 miles per hour (you just need to check the washington 1952 case for an example of that).

Very mysterious and a very intruiging peice of history. There are more people now who believe something has happened that day. More to the point, what makes it most intruiging, is that it was seven years before the Wright Brothers flight, which means only one thing, whoever the traveller in the airship was could not have been human.

It was admitted by people that the metal was moved and where it was moved to is a bit of a mystery. The last place we knew where it was, was in the well, but had been moved since, and where to, we don't know.

So, yes. It is myserious that quite a lot of metal has simply vanished. It could have been turned into molten metal, uses for other things. The military might have got their hands on it. It might have been buried in a remote mountainside somewhere.

Indeed, who knows?

The labs, the second one wanted to remain anonymous. That is usually a sign that they don't want to disturb their reputation, so we may consider them quite high up. The first one was conducted in an aerospace labaratory. From 4:30 onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWfni...eature=related

Interestingly, I should have mentioned that when you have Iron and Alluminium together, it should indicate the presence of Zink. But there was none.

there is plenty. Stop trolling!!!!

14. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering how only Mr. Oates was affected by the contaminated water. As well as how they managed to get all the debris out of the well, was it that shallow?

(And why dump metal parts in a well...but that's an aside point)

15. Reiku Banned Banned

Why ask that? He said his entire family were infected by medical conditions.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

May I add, apparently, according to record, no arthiritus case has matched his. His was teribly severe.

17. SamSamtheScienceMAN Banned Banned

Out of all the theories out there i beleive in the one that hasnt been posted yet, yeah its in the future and the only way we can get there is sciene! Who's with me?!?!

18. Reiku Banned Banned

To remain completely scientific to the idea's being presented, I am going to give one peice of evidence against the justifications being brought forth.

I SAID

''Investigators went to the area of the alleged crash site. They excavated a very interesting small peice of metal. It had been sent to two laboraties, if my memory serves me right. The final conclusion is that the metal had Oxidized in the air first, before cooling as a molten liquid on the ground, which, according to the initial reports is what happened.''

Now, if there was a crash site, then it should be concluded that high temperatures arose anyhow. Whether being constructed in a lab or not, one cannot escape the fact that it is possible that high temperatures where reached when it Oxidized in the air.

see, I am open to new interpretations. This one was my own realization.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

Too many hide behind the veil of science, let us hope people use science for and against the cause, without the blindness of bias.

20. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

Do we have the evidence? No? Then I say there is no evidence. Absence of evidence is evidence of absence when the evidence should be there. And that which can be asserted without any evidence, as you have done here(all you have are testimonials, not evidence), can be equally rejected without any evidence. That's the way this game works.

Bullshit. I know people with arthritis so bad that they literally can not move from the pain a good three days out of the week. Prove that his was worse.

21. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

People in glass houses.....

22. Reiku Banned Banned

Bullshit back. I am scientific to every corner of investigation. You are ignoring facts as per usual

Not only that, but I have added evidence against my claim. Do you deny this?
    If you do I am reporting you.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

I am never biased.

Never mind people in glass houses. Those who use nukes against the world in the name of science, only use it without just cause!