Wave-particle duality and time

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by prophet, Nov 29, 2011.

1. prophet Registered Member

First off, lets assume that the past and the future are real entities and not just complex illusions as some have suggested. The universe, at least as we observe it, exists only in the present, which is a discreet location in the procession of time that has no temporal length.

To me, this sounds very similar to the wave-particle duality. In the same way particles/waves can exist as waves with no discreet physical location, so too does all of time exist at once (not nececerily as waves, but as perhaps as a superposition of states.) In the same way particles/waves can exist as point-like particles with a discreet position in space (in other words, existing in just one state), our universe exists as a single, ephemeral, discreet position in time: the present.

Perhaps these phenomenon are related.

p.s.: I wasnt exactly sure where to put this (I'm new to the site), and I wasn't sure if it was mainstreem enough or if it belonged in alternative theories. What do you think, for future reference?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Yeah! This would not last long in mainstream, and our alternate theories crowd can also be "harsh". This is not an original concept, and could explain many syncs/coincidences.

Imagine at work people discuss "Hot air balloons". On the drive home you see one on a billboard, and there is a hot air balloon in the television show you end up watching. Some people call these syncs.

It is a weird concept that we can alter our past. Could that be true?

I personally feel you may be on the right track, and that we do live in that moment.

Not very scientific, but you describe a world as put forth by "Jane Roberts Seth character.

I would say that I agree this would explain a lot. So how far would you take it? Would you need to interact with others frequently to avoid large shifts such as Schrödinger Cat. What you are doing at this very moment might not be true as soon as you interact with another person if we carry on that theory.

Many people do agree with you, but it is certainly not accepted theory. Anyone who believe in things like "The Law of Attraction" also must have similar underlying beliefs unless they have not examined them.

Welcome to Sciforums.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.