Concept of Hell

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by kx000, Nov 25, 2011.

1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Imagine falling asleep like any other night.. falling off a cliff looking at bird men flying up thinking why am I not flying, why do they have wings? Where my wings? I want to fly, god damnit! Then you hit the bottom, and theres a boat and river.. so you get in the boat.. because why wouldn't you? Then this boat brings you to a bottomless pit with a man walking around the edge saying turn back, this is my bottomless pit. And you say, "can I go in?" And he says, "You can, but I dont want you to, go away." Then, "too bad, im going in now." And you walk twoards it, and he says "nope. no. go back! dont do this." And you reach the edge.. and he says "last chance, go back." And you say fuck you bitch and jump in... then you fall down down down and the flames go up up up. And you look up and the angel at the top is flipping you off all the way down.

You see, hell is made up of questions, and lust of knowledge. Your hell will be your own minds.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. babybudd babybudd Registered Senior Member

Are you saying that hell is just a state of mind?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Yes. But it becomes physicall when it is all you know.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Is heavenly and earthly life also of the same structure?

jan.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No man, hell exists here on Earth. It's not a state of mind, but it IS the result of a particular state of mind.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

All things that myths want us to believe are only told to us by people who never have been to any of them. If you've never been to a mythological place then your only imagining what it might be like not even if it exists at all. After all only the living tell write about things that only dead people can know.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Hell is a bowl of strawberries, without the possibility of ever pouring cream on them.

11. UncleChrist Another Imaginary Friend Registered Senior Member

http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id4.html

:thumbsup:

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I know, right?
    But he LOVES you!

Kinda like the ex who stalks you, repeatedly violates the restraining order, hangs your pet dog and sets your new place on fire...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

I suffered from mental illness for 5 years and I really do know what hell is like.

I used to believe I had to stay up all night or some one or something would sneak into my room and kill me in my sleep. THAT'S HELL!

14. Arioch Valued Senior Member

I'd still like that, I love strawberries.

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Good, you plus strawberries, plus always wondering were and why will be your perfect everlasting damnation!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Hell is a state of mind. 90% of mental illness is made up by ones own mind. From ages 10 to 19 I assumed eveyone and anyone disliked me.

17. Felixx89 Registered Member

Hell is made up by people who saw vulcano first. Hell = everlasting fire. When one thinks of hell one thinks of deep in the depths with hell fires and ground that moves and quakes. Sorry but this is just the description of the center of the earth.

18. Felixx89 Registered Member

90% is kinda a hard estimate. My bipolar disorder can be shown in the brain and it shows what is not functioning well, If you have zero understanding of mental illness please do not talk about it. I come from a family where autism and bipolar disorder are matter of the day. Its actually well proven thats it is a malfunction in certain brain sections not some made up shit. I think its rather fucking ignorant to talk like that. Yes there are allot of people that think they are depressed or they want to suicide just because they got bullied. But thats not 90% of the mental illness. If you think that you should see a psych very soon.

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Hell is other people.

All those fake fuckers at church supposedly go to heaven right? Ya that's hell to me.

20. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Wasn't Hell originally a garbage dump? Someone here pointed that out from a Greek version of the original works.

21. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Place where they took trash to be burned, I believe.

Hmm...how about Buddhist hell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka_(Buddhism)
    Not too much of the translated stuff talks about the Buddhist hells...they have a whole system of hells.:bugeye: