The Pheonix Light (Mister vs. Phlog)

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Reiku, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

(Links are messed up, been fixed in a post below)

This was brought up in a thread concerning myself and Phlogistician.

Concerning the pheonix lights:

So many cases don't match up, such as the Pheonix Lights; why would the military shoot flares (at a remarkably low altitude) right above the town of Pheonix?

The pheonix lights could not have been flares. Study the video evidence for yourself through this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5KtsZ5rIjo

The lights do not decend on the horizon. Flares are subject to falling due to gravity. This would be noticable as well considering how low the altitude was. The medical doctor also caught a picture of orbs two years preceeding the Pheonix light case with remarkable overtones.

The experts in their feild contained in the link show quite clearly that flares will fall and not only fall, they leave visible trails behind them. The pheonix lights where over an hour long phenomenon. You would obviously eventually begin to see trails no matter which way you try and dodge the evidence.

Arioch also made a mention in that thread that he had basically went to wiki (I presume) and he replied to me ''dude, they were flares''.

Why do people just take the Military's word for it? What makes them so special? If anything, history has proven them to be complete liars?

I am quite sure the evidence will speak for itself -- now let's see who comes to the Military's rescue.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reiku Banned Banned

Just going to save Phlog some time. I have concluded he will follow down the line he started in the other thread, so going to include it here.

Can I also state that the objects in your video do not remain equally equidistant from each other. The space between them changes drastically in the matter of seconds.

The distance of the lights in the Pheonix case remain properly even throughout the entire hour and a half. Of course, if you had actually watched the video, this was actually a point made by the professionals in the video. That it could not have been flares (and in your case as you have demonstrated) chinese lanterns because the space between the lights never vary. I gave your video 20 seconds and I could see them vary almost immediately.

I don't need discernment. You need proper scientific measure.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Reiku Banned Banned

(Also, attack the evidence, not the people folks!!)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

The governor of Arizona originally washed the claims away with his team as being a load of hoolah and made a mockery of the UFO nuts concerning what happened in Pheonix. The Governor actually witnessed the event first hand and became quite ashamed of his actions. He then started to admit there was something otherworldly about the lights, and even states at the end of this documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Nud...eature=related that the lights could not have flares. I have shown they couldn't have been chinese lantern.

The only nuts I really see are the skeptics, who believe in such childish explanations. They should all be stuck in a play pen, with sand and rattles.

8. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The URL contained a malformed video ID.

9. Reiku Banned Banned

How odd... be right back.

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Right --- about to fix it. Remind yourself the order of which the video's are represented because I will be keeping to the order.

11. Reiku Banned Banned

well that was annoying! lol

The first link instead of running to that document, here is the actual footage of the pheonix lights which will suffice the arguement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdIdDpJYSOM&feature=related

The second link we will go the footage in the document because the professional opinions are important on the reason why it cannot be flares: as mentioned, flares emit smoke trails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb3pTOv886Y&feature=related

You don't need to watch any more than 4 mins worth to find the important information. Also note, I had a link for the governor or Arizona as well. Just follow the documentary to last part and to last couple of minutes worth for that relevant information.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

Watched both videos and I have to say that, from the videos alone, I can't rule out the flare explanation. The video of the actual event is too poor quality to even hope to make out smoke trails. Of course I still remember that the first incident had only one eyewitness who was able to observe the lights with any detail, the guy with the telescope, and he said that they were airplanes.

13. Reiku Banned Banned

Flares can be ruled out immediately. Flares leave smoke trails which are always visible to the eye. Do you see any trails?

14. Reiku Banned Banned

The video is not poor which the experts use to test the flare theory. Their analysis is confirmed.

15. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

Due to the video quality I can barely tell that there's lights. Perhaps you can link us to the video that the experts used.

And even if flares leave smoke trails, are they visible to the naked eye in all visibility conditions? No, they're not.

16. Reiku Banned Banned

I did - post 8, the link is direct to the video in which the video the experts use and a demonstration video shows that they are incompatible as flares.

17. Reiku Banned Banned

It is also highly unlikely the military would have shot flares over a crowded populace. The same arguement is made by the UFO investigators in the Tinley park incident. The same can be applied here.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Nobody is saying they did. Just that they were visible to a crowded populace.

Again, you infer too much from what people say they have seen.

19. Reiku Banned Banned

Not at all. I infer exactly what is required, no more and no less.

20. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

Oh, I thought you were saying that there's a higher quality video of the actual event out there, that is something I'd like to see.

No, I watched both of the videos you linked to in post eight. I still can't rule out flares because the video of the event is really quite shitty. And just out of curiosity, who is the "expert" you say ruled out flares, because I've been doing some digging and found some interesting information.

Except the lights don't appear over the town, not in the video you linked us to anyways. We have two points of reference with regards to distance in the video(the town itself and what looks like a substation or radio tower in the foreground on the hill), given that we can tell that these lights are behind the mountain range, not over the town at all. I'm currently looking for video confirmation of this but it's hard to find.

21. Reiku Banned Banned

I have seen the trajectory which the object is said to have made, and it is clearly over the populated area's. And what is this interesting evidence.

If we were lawyers, you'd have to share. Don't be selfish, show me yer pie!

22. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@Mister --

I highlighted the important part of that sentence for you. However, like I said in my last post. The video quite clearly shows that the lights were behind the mountain range, hence explaining why they suddenly go out(they fell behind the mountains). As for the eyewitnesses saying that they saw the lights moving horizontally, you must keep in mind that these lights were seen from a rather large distance(well beyond the optimum visual distance for humans) and in poor lighting conditions(unless you're photosensitive like me, but we're quite rare). Given just that we know that the testimonials regarding speed and movement are going to be worthless, even for people(again, like myself) who are normally good at judging such things(humans are notoriously poor judges of movement at a distance at the best of times)

When it comes to this sort of thing it's always better to trust what physical evidence you have over the eyewitnesses.

Oh I'll share, I just want to know if my guess is on the money, and for that to happen I need to know the name of the expert who ruled out flares.

23. Reiku Banned Banned

No that is clearly wrong. They don't fall behind the moutain range. For one logical reason.

Each light was suspended at more or less the same altitude in a straight line for the same amount of time. (Straight from a forward view, more triangular from below) but maintained the same distance seperated and height.

The lights go out seperately over different times. If they fell behind the mountain, you'd expect them all to disappear at the same time.

Secondly, I think witnesses are able to tell whether the lights fell behind a mountain or not. We are not dealing with retards here.