Energy from what appears to be without potential

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by wellwisher, Nov 18, 2011.

1. wellwisher Banned Banned

This idea came to me several years ago and I thought I would share, so others could ponder. The topic is generating energy from what appears to be a zone of no apparent energy.

Here is the experiment. We have a wave tank with wave generators at each end of the tank. What we do is generate equal waves at each end, but 180 degrees out of phase. Because the two approaching waves will cancel in the middle of the tank, we will have calm zone in the middle that appears to lack energy; troughs and crest cancel.

If our wave generators were far enough apart, so we were not aware of the energy required to generate these waves, the stillness in our observation area, would appear to indicate zero potential eenrgy in the stillness where considerable potential exists. This energy will be called black energy.

What we want to do is convert this black energy hiding in the stillness into regular energy. All we will need to do is place a partition within the stillness. The partition prevents the waves from cancelling at the partititon, causing two sources of energy waves rise out of the stillness on each side of the partition boundary. The partition will also cause two reflected waves, that appears to eminate from the partition, even though the energy is generated far away.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Of course. But what do you suppose became of the original energy contained in those waves? Hint: it didn't just vanish.

Hopefully, you can figure out the answer before someone else comes along and spoils the question.

NOTE to everyone: Give him some time, please.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arioch Valued Senior Member

No worries there. Other than making sarcastic quips I wouldn't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

The 'zone of stillness' is a single point. By adding two such waves you just create a standing wave, which has plenty of energy. The nodes of a wave not moving doesn't mean that wave has no energy.

8. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Dogs are barking all over the neighborhood.
    Oh - here it comes - sirens.

Yes I too almost am capable of premonition.
    But tell me you're not really going out into the twilight zone of ...

PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINES!!!!!??????

9. river

the partition has holes in it and therefore inverts most of the waves but not all

thats my guess

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

Because this is a wave experiment, we all know there is energy in the stillness of the two cancelled waves. But I was also trying to show if we were not aware of this wave addition but only the stillness, one would doubt there was any energy in the apparent stillness. The partition would cause that energy to appear from the stillness.

If you look at dark energy, if it existed as canceling waves, energy would be stored in the stillness of space, but it would appear like there was no energy. But if you could create a the correct partition then energy would appear.

This can also be applied to how to create a primordial atom. If we had standing waves generated by the perimeter of space, if we partitioned the center (so to speak), the hidden energy would appear as well as appear to stem from the partition point. It is not coming from another dimension but from energy hidden in canceling waves.

The affect has to do with an anomaly of mathematics. As an example, if we had a negative change and positive charge, such as a hydrogen atom, the charges cancel and mathematically we have zero charge. This is not entirely true, since we still have two charges, + and - . Math tells us to forget but reality says they are still there. If we could cause these two charges to annihilate each other we could get energy out of zero charge.

We all know what this simple math equation implies. The math is talking about the net amount of charge that we will measure and need to carry forward for further calculation. But in reality the charge is still there, hidden underneath the math. There are things not predicted by math that are still there. The two canceling waves is another example of something there that will not be in the math if we are not aware of the source.

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

A bit like :
    If you have infinite forces being applied on both sides of a sheet of super thin and fagile rice paper, the paper would show no sign of the forces being applied. Yet it takes all those forces to allow the rice paper to exist in the first place.

Of course there is potential energy available but only if one can upset the balance of forces which si what we do when we utilise energy using petroleum, nuclear or electrical generation for example.

The question would be though when looking at a piece of rice paper: What forces are involved when there "appear" to be none present [other than typical forces]?