Grandparents, MOm, and Dad

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Pincho Paxton, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Grandparents, MOm, and Dad

Dear Father, who art in Heaven....

My life was planned out for me by G.O.D. God pulled me out of the way of a moving vehicle. God knows what I am having for breakfast, dinner, and supper tomorrow. God gives me everything I need, and provides for me. God knows exactly which school I will go to even before I am born. God prepares for my future. God will make me healthy when I am sick. And God may some day bring me back from death.

God is an abbreviation of your family!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How would you like us to respond?

jan.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Well I'm saying it might be a psychological memory instinct type thing to use the word God, but instead mean your family. You are just to proud to admit you need your family's help, or want their love so you instinctively abbreviate it. Whereas an Atheist might not have close family bonds.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Cesspool please.

8. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Dude I have a close family and none of us believe in GOD so there goes that theroy I guess.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It never was a theory. Merely ridiculously uninformed speculation (or possibly a pathetic joke).
    It doesn't stand up etymologically (the word god derives from the Proto-Germanic) and falls down further in that
    A) it depends on "mom", which tends to be an American usage (it's "mum" in British English)
    B) doesn't work for other languages: how would the French get "dieu"? The Germans "gott"?
    C) why are grandparents listed first?

10. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

It wasn't a theory.

It doesn't matter if it stands up linguistically because this could be a simulator.

A) Again this could be a simulator with mom usage.

Grandparents listed in order of sequence.

11. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

wouldent it be GMD?
    ---------
    Allah = Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head
    Amen = (A Man, A Men)
    Father, Son
    Jesus = Zeus (HeUs)

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Pure crap.

As is this.

And this.

13. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

It's mainly based on the God centre of our brain. I don't think we have this special part of our brain for no reason. I think it is likely to actually be a family centre.

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I am a Grandpa . Hazel is her name . She gonna get you all .

Have a cigar your gonna go far . I tell you the name of the game boy , Your riding the gravy train .

15. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

That summed it up nicely thanks Me.

16. Sapientivore Registered Senior Member

Fuck, you mean Thanksgiving dinner is the same as going to church? I knew I hated it for a reason.

17. ardentauthor Registered Member

If I understand correctly what the OP is saying, then I disagree. The 'god centre' in people's brains tends to react when they recall a spiritual closeness with their god (at least the ones in the studies I've read have.) It's more likely that this is something we have evolved after years of believing superstitions. However, most people's definition of god would be that of a parent, one who cares and watches over you. If that is what was meant, than I agree.