A strong sensative

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by whynot, Oct 30, 2011.

1. whynot Registered Senior Member

First I'd like to say, Im trying to cover persons identity while also not dwelving too much into my personal life. This makes for a challenge in telling the story.

I consider myself from time to time a sensitive. Where people go missing and I can sense where they are. When this rare time occures a trance like feeling comes over me. I've also on rare times had very vivid dreams that played out either for myself or as a person i know. than later happen just as what played out in the dream. but what i've never thought would occure is running into this one lady.

she is a person whom speaks to herself. hears voices and sees things. people thought it was drug related. people though she'd had a break down. i ran into this lady and right off she was paranoid of me. going to post other half in different post.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. whynot Registered Senior Member

We through time got to know each other as friends. Her struggles with these voices were the worse. finally she was talked into getting on meds to kinda tone down the voices and things. i was able to learn of what she had been seeing and feeling. but i didn't see anything but a person struggling with a condition. it wasn't until years later that what she saw starting playing out only in my life. now i know she is a very strong sensitive. if that is true than something very bad is going to play out at an apartment complex. its going to catch on fire and many lives will tragically end. can i prevent this?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. whynot Registered Senior Member

no that is just silly. of course i'd know that. common sense. know how. no Im talking about finding lost children whom were hiding. sensing a boy was kidnapped by someone working at his school. it turned out to be the janitor.

8. whynot Registered Senior Member

This happen in high school.

I dreamed of being ontop of the hood of a car, with a person at school. we were only in class to gether, but i really didn't know her. drunk and joy riding, kids driving the car were drunk too. she fell off the car and it ran her over. than i was with them in the car. what we do? and they ran scared, driving off leaving her in the road.

when she wasn't in class the next day i asked the teacher and she told us about a hit and run landing her in the hospital. when she got better and came back to school, she got sick when i told her what happen. nearly fainting i helped her to the nurses office. i told her details of people and car. she thanked me and said it meant alot.

9. Arioch Valued Senior Member

The answer is no, you're not psychic at all, you just guessed. I'd very highly doubt it if your guesses turned out to be right more than would be expected by chance. Even if you managed to pass one test(and the test provided by Cosmic isn't the best guide), one test doesn't prove anything.

Look, I know that it's nice to think that you're special and that you have some power that could help out, I went through that phase too, however keeping a firm grasp on reality is more important than feeling good about yourself. Feeling good doesn't do you any good if you're so out of touch with reality that you walk in front of a bus.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

See Arioch's answer.
    You're deluding yourself.

11. whynot Registered Senior Member

ok first off Im not on a power trip like yourselves. Im not trying to convince you of my rare occurances.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

im talking about a lady whose been very accurately describing something that is playing out. but your right. maybe its in my best rational string to just blow it off. lol! ignore it all together. i mean i should just ignore my surroundings period and take some really good drugs. not care. after all its all coincidence. I feel actually relief. whew. big weight off my shoulders. its not my problem any way. i can't carry the weight of everyones elses problems. that would be like the butterfly effect.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@whynot --

What power trip? I'm not exercising even imaginary authority, just giving you a frank assessment of your claims. Dyw is doing the same. We might be being a bit glib, maybe even a little rude, but that's hardly the same thing as a power trip, now is it?

Well if they're rare then that just proves my assessment right. Less than chance was my bet, right? And "rare" would qualify as less than chance, right? It's nice that you agree with me.

Who said anything about ignoring it. Notice it, question it, look at what the evidence tells you and accept it. It's the last bit that you're having troubles with.

Now you're just putting together a straw man argument. It's really easy to knock down an argument that isn't being made. Just because you slipped(whether willingly or not, it doesn't matter) into a wishful thinking fallacy doesn't mean that causality is imaginary, just that in this case you identified it falsely. Not surprising really, humans have very overactive agency detection software and that makes us very susceptible to certain fallacies(wishful thinking and correlation vs causation among them).

Now this makes me wonder what drugs you're taking and where I can get some(even if I don't take them I could always make a bundle selling them). What the hell does this even mean? I can't make heads or tails of it.

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No, you cannot prevent this. Becasue it is meaningless crap. At some point in time will there be an apartment fire with many lives lost, I am sure that is true, but that is not a prediction. I can state there will be a car crash involving 3 automobiles and a tractor trailer, where 3 people will die. There is no doubt that this will occur within the next year - that is not a prediction that is statistics. If she tells you the fire will be on this date at this location and the cause will be this - then you could stop it but she won't be specific because she is simply a poor schizophrenic woman. I think it is nice that you have befriended her, though.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I disagree and agree to some of what you have posted.

1] Let us presume for a moment that real and valid psychic experience is involved.
    I agree that there is nothing she or "whynot" can do about it not because it is meaningless crap but because as demonstrated in the movie "Minority Report" staring Tom Cruise etc... a crime can not be prevented until it is actually comitted.

The lady in question probaby is picking up on someones hateful thinking and hateful planning which has terrified her but of course it would only be thinking and planning and the world is full of such stuff. You can not stop a person from planning or thinking dreadful hateful thoughts like burning an apartment block. [revenge motive]

Therefore there is absolutely nothing she can do to prevent it if it the plans are carried out.
    In the mean time she needs to learn how to cope with her sensitivities better.

2] Now let us presume there is no real or valid psychic experience involved and believe we know all there is to know about how the mind works individually and socially...yep it is and I quote: meaningless crap.

either one is premised on a presumption..take your pick...

15. Arioch Valued Senior Member

But one presumption is better in that it doesn't itself lie on top of more and more presumptions.

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

One of the multitude of manifestations of schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorders is seeing connections where there are none.

At the mental health forum I used to go to, this one schizoaffective lady began to think that the people driving by were slowing down to look at her, meaning they were all government agents in on the mind control plot...and then she thought about what her therapist told her-look for other explanations.

She then realized they were all slowing down for a school zone!

That said...I am currently friends with someone who is both more than somewhat insane due to extreme child abuse, may be schizoaffective, definitely emotionally labile as all-get-out...and she's exhibited one instance of knowing something that she had no way of knowing.

Her one-year old was with his dad, and at about 2 AM she KNEW something was wrong.
    She rushed over to find the boy being loaded into an ambulance. The baby had drank some bleach.

I...gray-file that one. My friend is very unbalanced because of what was done to her.
    I gray-file a lot of things. Including my own weird experiences. I just don't have a good solid explanation, so I gray-file it.

Whynot...My suggestion is, when looking at potential psychic phenomena, is that you look for any other, more plausible explanations of how you knew.
    Also that you meditate a whole lot. Because reducing the signal to noise ratio in your head may allow you to hear any potential inbound messages more clearly. At least it won't hurt anything.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I hear voices all the time, even when I am wearing this:

18. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

MMM...