Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: aliens do exist in historical artwork

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
    @Mister --



    Well it's a good thing I didn't say that then. What I did say, and what you desperately attempted to straw man into an argument you can fight against, was that humans hallucinate. It's a fact of our biology, nothing anyone says or does is going to make that go away.



    Again? Where did I say that they were all hallucinations? In fact I explicitly said that they weren't. However we're spilling over into another thread, what say we take this back to the original thread so we don't muck this one up too much.
    Maybe you never heard me before:

    Give it up. Do you think myself and you are the ony one's reading this?

    Anything I have said has complied to science, what you have said complies mostly to guess-work... in fact, that very fact you have said most pilots experience hallucingetic properties is beyond science, especially when you take into consideration that there have been over 5000 cases of pilot testimonies.

  2. #82
    Qoute the newest post if you have something to add. If you don't, then please go back to your tactics of getting me banned for remedial expectations. I won't be part of your cherade anymore.

  3. #83
    Valued Senior Member Arioch's Avatar
    Posts
    2,274
    I posted a reply in the appropriate thread.

  4. #84
    I hope it was to the thread which clearly explains in a forensic manner that proof and evidence are different!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    The fictional character, Sherlock Holmes once said, ''when you eliminate the possible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must remain the truth.''

    Even though this character was imaginary, there is actually a lot of truth behind that statement.
    Most of the time ufologists ignore all the "Possible" and just skip to "improbable".

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Most of the time ufologists ignore all the "Possible" and just skip to "improbable".
    I am not one of them. I investigate all the facts. There are plenty cases which I eventually put off as being a conventional reason behind it.

    But I agree. Too many enthusiasts today do, do this.
    Last edited by Reiku; 12-07-11 at 12:16 PM.

  7. #87
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    3,717
    aliens do exist in art work

    in the form of pictorials of beings and craft

    whether in cave drawings and/or paintings

  8. #88
    The earliest known language (Sumerian) was from a civilization that claimed their "gods" were aliens. They also had advanced astronomy and even astrology. Yes astrology predates known history.

    This does not solve anything however and may add to your problem of truth.

    a) This could be because aliens existed.
    or
    b) Early claims of alien lifeforms may have led centuries of followers to encourage this false belief. (if it is false).

    Either way it is inconclusive. Unless planet x shows up and steals all of our gold.

  9. #89
    All aboard, me Hearties! Captain Kremmen's Avatar
    Posts
    11,562
    It would be natural to look into the night sky and imagine other worlds.
    What is surprising is how few major religions suggested that we were
    "Not Alone".

  10. #90
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    It would be natural to look into the night sky and imagine other worlds.
    of course


    What is surprising is how few major religions suggested that we were
    "Not Alone".
    well that would take away the power over the masses wouldn't it

    it would

  11. #91
    Valued Senior Member Arioch's Avatar
    Posts
    2,274
    They also had advanced astronomy and even astrology.
    You say "even astrology" like it's supposed to impress people which is especially odd because Babylonian "astrology" doesn't even remotely resemble modern astrology, which is nothing more than bullshit and chips anyways.

    Yes astrology predates known history.
    Not in it's modern form it doesnt, and astronomy predates astrology by thousands of years(because it actually produced results).

  12. #92
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    3,717
    “ They also had advanced astronomy and even astrology. ”
    You say "even astrology" like it's supposed to impress people which is especially odd because Babylonian "astrology" doesn't even remotely resemble modern astrology, which is nothing more than bullshit and chips anyways.
    all the constellations that we understand today are listed in Sumerian tablets , in the correct order and by names we use now

  13. #93
    Valued Senior Member Arioch's Avatar
    Posts
    2,274
    @river --

    Yup, they were quite good at astronomy. Don't see what that has to do with astrology though.

  14. #94
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
    @river -- Yup, they were quite good at astronomy. Don't see what that has to do with astrology though.
    I don't either right know

    but the Sumerians didn't have telescopes so how did they develope astronomy ?

  15. #95
    Valued Senior Member Arioch's Avatar
    Posts
    2,274
    @river --

    You don't need a telescope to note that certain changes occur in the sky at certain times of the year, nor that the constellations change with the seasons. Ancient hunter gatherer tribes usually tracked such things, carefully and with a reasonable amount of accuracy, so that they could keep better track of where the herd animals would be at different times of the year(hunger can be a very good motivator for people to learn things).

  16. #96
    Valued Senior Member Rhaedas's Avatar
    Posts
    1,516
    Plus without artificial light, there's a lot more visible at night.

    Ancient man wasn't stupid, he just didn't have the (dis)advantage we do.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsYnApTrIcKs View Post
    they do
    They don't

  18. #98
    & what looks inside look like human..

    UFOs?..

    Anyway not much evidence, it could be just a representation of something else, maybe angels, deamons, or anything.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    by the way this is a historical paintings thread and discussion of , ( don't know how to edit the title of the thread so.. I defined the thread this way instead before it got to far)
    Thanks for the post, have always wanted to talk about that specific picture with someone. A study of these different figures in art and sculptures or figurines, shows that all history is filled with those kind of images. These images also connect to specific ruins and buildings, once again globally. These you tube images are obviously human, but not unlike the thousands I have noted. Deformities and strange forms, are almost associated with every one I have seen, while some are not so obvious, like a simple hole in the scull, passed off as trepanning by experts. I can say with confidence that they are not alien, ie from outer space, and that most of them are not representations made through sheer imagination or artistic flare, which would be easy to tell apart by an artist. They may sometimes be symbolic, as in alchemy.

  20. #100
    Valued Senior Member sifreak21's Avatar
    Posts
    1,662
    Since we cannot talk to who wrote them or painted its 100% interpretation just like bible reguardless of what theists tell you

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 08-29-09, 10:55 PM
    Replies: 4
  2. By toltec in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 05-09-09, 04:57 PM
    Replies: 53
  3. By andersbranderud in forum Religion Archives
    Last Post: 09-20-08, 05:59 PM
    Replies: 24
  4. By halo07guy in forum Art & Culture
    Last Post: 09-03-08, 04:44 PM
    Replies: 1
  5. By sandy in forum Politics
    Last Post: 01-30-08, 07:26 PM
    Replies: 14

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •