aliens do exist in historical artwork

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by river, Oct 16, 2011.

1. river

by the way this is a historical paintings thread and discussion of , ( don't know how to edit the title of the thread so.. I defined the thread this way instead before it got to far)

http://youtu.be/RcrzD0PfyPs

to begin

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Youtube videos are 98 percent crap, and the other 2 per cent are lies.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

so you are saying that the paintings are untrue just because they are youtube ?

well you could prove it to yourself by looking up the paintings otherwise couldn't you ?

you'll find no difference

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. river

just to retiterate this is thread is about of historical paintings NOT photos UFO's

9. river

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Only to those who believe that the images are of aliens but to everyone else those images are not aliens at all.

11. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Some pictures that artists have drawn implicate otherwise cosmic...

Regardless of the fact that artists could have drawn it with that in mind it doesent discount the fact that its just a drawing. Also alot of those paintings were wishful thinking but I had seen two or three that is no doubt depicting something alien-like.

12. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

All of my kids have drawn pictures that look VERY much like those. They are both - your "aliens" and my kids artwork - nothing more than the result of imaginations.

In fact, my oldest (when he was about 6 or 7) drew one of me with a halo and fire and smoke coming from my back. He said the halo was because I was good and the fire/smoke was a jetpack, he said, because I moved fast. Other people would have claimed it was an alien if he had drawn it on a wall in a cave. :shrug:

13. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

If all paintings and drawings were literal, there wouldn't be such a thing as interpretive art.

14. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

A few of them are quite randomly placed or not apart of the theme portrayed by the art but I suspect it may be like something fun thrown in there as a bonus like what some video games do. Maybe it was something talked alot about then as well not to give any merit to the idea they were actually drawing aliens in real time or even believed in it.

15. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

So things darting around in the skies were commonplace then, so much so that it wasn't even worthy of documenting, except in a few paintings here and there as a side note?

Much more likely they were added as embellishments. Don't you find it odd that those flying objects are found just in religious paintings? Perhaps they aren't referred to directly because you'd expect angels and such to be in the background of such a setting.

16. decons scrambled egg Registered Senior Member

Aliens do exist in contemporary artwork too.

17. river

it seems people are uncomfortable with this thread

why though ? I wonder

unlike photo's

paintings cannot be faked as far as their content is concerned

paintings are what they are

and by people that have NO compunction to depict what they know or see

18. greenboy Registered Senior Member

People of the forum: wake up and smell the roses. Aliens are just a facade created by certain governments to create new weapons, New airplanes, and even experiment with the genetics of animals and even Humans Beings.
    If they us to believe about aliens they have no regulations of whatever they want to do, without regulations, all experiments are dirt cheap.
    And this is reality.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Implicate is the key word there. That "implication" is drawn by those who are looking at the image not the ones who painted them. I am addressing those paintings made long ago not those of recent history.

20. river

hmm...

so why would the " painters " or artists include suggestive subjects that were beyond the thinking of the time

surely the subjects were based on what was happening at the time

which culturaly is what artists do

dipict what is going on in society at that time

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They look like stylized comets. I bet they thought comets were vehicles for angels or some such shit.

22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Again it is you that interprets what is on any painting and just because you see a "alien" doesn't mean everyone does or even that the painter saw one either. Perhaps the object was just part of the artists imagination, ever consider that? Objects can be perceived as many things but since we cannot actually speak to the artist that painted those objects we cannot know for sure what they were painting from, their imaginations or from seeing things as you suggest. :shrug:

23. river

your " bet " is irrelevent

the thing is , is that the paintings depict flying objects with beings in them

and there are many of them and even in biblical paintings