Mohamed

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by arauca, Oct 14, 2011.

1. arauca Banned Banned

Before Mohamed found Islam Was he a Christian or a Jew ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

it is generally recognized by scholars that he was a jewtian tho some schools of thought allege that he was a practitioner of hanifism

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

He was neither. He was an arab. Do you think that Christian and Jew define the choices?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kx000 Valued Senior Member

More than likely he could trace back to Jewish lineage if he was a prophet of God.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

He married an atheist woman and there is no indication of any religious activity on his part from the stories about him until he turned 40. We do know that his family was part of the Quraysh tribe and this tribe was involved in the worship of the same god "Allah" but in a pagan form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah#Pre-Islamic_Arabia
    http://sakina.wikidot.com/arabian-deities

Arab is not a religion. Arabs can be Christian or Jews or pagans or atheists. Being an Arab is like being an European or an Asian, it has little to do with religion and everything to do with culture in a geographical and sometimes, an ethnic context

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christians
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Jews

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

His name literraly means the deity god. Meaning Islam has it wrong on a whole level. There is one God, GOD. Praise Allah! NO, d.e.i.t.y. god. He is not the the God, the God is, God, YHWH, not Allah. It is made evident in the by his name he most likely made for him self Allah is a ancient man who served the God, God.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry but you make no sense.

Allah is the cognate to the semitic El

Ēl (written aleph-lamed, e.g. , , ܐܠ, אל, إل or إله etc.) is a Northwest Semitic word meaning "deity", cognate to Akkadian ‘ilu and then to Hebrew עֵלִי: Eli and Arabic الله: Allah).

Yahweh is the cognate to the Ugaritic deity Yahweh or El's son

deity: A deity is a recognized preternatural or supernatural immortal being, who may be thought of as holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, and respected by believers, often religiously referred to as a god.

11. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Be clear with me, Samantha. What did I not make sense about? Allah means the deity god, my guess is he too prayed, or prays to the God, YHWH.

12. arauca Banned Banned

If you believe there is only one hod , names are irreverent and not necessary ,
    but if there are many gods then names are necessary> Then the next question arises what are the quality that a god have to have.
    If God is the creator of earth to make it livable and formed the first life on earth . that is my God and he does not need names. The God with no names is the God , of Jews , Christian Muslim ,Buddhist ete.ete. even for the atheists

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Behold, the One True Hod:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. arauca Banned Banned

Sorry I meant god = hod on my keyboard the letters are erased

15. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

He was pagan. He probably believed in many gods. He knew of Jews and Christians, But was neither. Pre Islam arabs were pagans and had many gods. Prior to Mohamed, they were sometimes picked on and made fun of by Jews and Christains because they didn't have an organized religion, or a single god, good book, etc. Jews and Christians still saw them as primitive so to speak, as far as spirituality goes. Mohamed studied the Torah and the gospels, and in the Torah, he found a connection to the Jews through Abrahams son Ishmael. I would post a link but I am on a computer that doesnt allow tabs or the opening of a new window. But its easy to find in Genesis. Mohamed hoped that his connection to the Jews, and his revelations would bring him closer to his brothers and bring him and his people into the circle so to speak. But, as Genesis prophesied, the brothers would be always at each others throats...

Really wish I could post links...

16. Gustav Banned Banned

omg!
    so God was created by the god el

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

How dare you blaspheme his name! The one true hod will rain bricks down upon thee from his infinite brick pile.

18. kx000 Valued Senior Member

This is a ancient jeiwsh religion, the man this is bassed off of is the father of humankind.. Adam.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yahweh is also a storm demon and preys on country singers...

...and Buddhists (?):

: "And there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense." (Numbers 16:35)

Hence the alias:

Necessary, because Christians would recognise his name, if he used it, especially when they heard who his wife is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

But, back to Mohamed, or Mohammed as I prefer it

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011