"God is Imaginary"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by kx000, Oct 12, 2011.

1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

50 reasons why God is imaginary as told by Godisimaginary.com I will take time to refute each one of these bogus reasons. I have only read the first 2, but I am confident I will dismiss each one of these reasons.

Well, if we have faith a man will surly be cured of cancer, if we have non then we will continue to suffer this awful disease. Or possibly we will be presented with the cure if we display great faith. The dreaded truth is that if it is not in God's will for a man to live on he will not waist his time curing a man of death, as the living can't enter the Gates.

Says you. Maybe cancer patient X gets cured and goes home and beats his wife.
    *Preach* Useless "drivel," the Lord rebuke thee.

I pray to God to keep me on my path, deliver me from evil, and present me to my love.

But it is not all literally true, especially to the non faithful
    You are asking for something completly selfish. Try, "Lord, give me the strength the beat this disease, Lord give my brother the strength to fight on."

But most people, even the religious dont have faith. Even one of the "churches" of Asia has "lukewarm" faith. If every man woman and child displayed the faith that Jesus speaks about then Heaven would be on Earth already.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

Faith, faith, faith. You have none.

And you know no man has been cured of cancer by God? Just saying, but if God willed a man to serve life further he would have hardened him before he ever had cancer.

People speaking for Jesus. Reason #1 is severly retarded, and continuly repeats itself, I have no reason to finish reason #1.

Factless claim. Do we even know the imagination exist? Maybe God is our imagination.

God is responable for everything, including man made gods. I'll consider finishing this, but this guy isn't captivating me. I'll do more tomorrow. Feel free to take a look.

http://godisimaginary.com/i3.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rav Valued Senior Member

The arguments you're addressing are pretty lame. Even so, you've done a terrible job of trying to refute them. Your response is essentially nothing more than "if it didn't work, it either wasn't part of God's plan or there wasn't genuine faith". While that could theoretically be true, it also allows for reality to look exactly the same whether it's true or false.

You haven't refuted anything, you've merely responded.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Nay, my argument will stand the test of time. Those are the rules. Have faith, even if you don't see your prays have been answered. If it didn't work then you didn't have faith, period. If it did work there is a good chance it went unnoticed by you. God doesn't care about Earthly things, its all about the end game which is Heaven on Earth. Why should God keep people from dying, tell me? No mater how hard people try God will never be discovered until he reveals himself. I don't feel like going through all 50 of these, they are pretty lame.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Perhaps not even that - perhaps he merely reacted.

8. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

at best