US disrupts Iran terror plot

Discussion in 'World Events' started by prometheus, Oct 11, 2011.

1. prometheus viva voce! Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No, but it does contradict the myth I've heard on these forums that Iran just keeps to itself.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That should read:

Mr Holder said the alleged plot was allegedly a "flagrant violation of alleged US and international law" that had allegedly been "conceived, sponsored and directed allegedly by Iran".

So, are there any [alleged] WMDs [allegedly] in Iran?

Glen Grenwald has me roflmao at his "analysis" of the Iranian "threat"

Seriously, do people STILL fall for this crap?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  8. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

CNN Video/Guardian UK: Iran Assassination Plot “Not Credible”

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/10/12/iran-terror-plot-skeptic-leverett.cnn

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It appears unlikely that Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, would approve such a brazen plot. Photograph: AFP/Getty Image

Saudi Arabia's ambassador to the United States, Adel al-Jubeir (pictured)

. . . just a thought. :scratchin:

9. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Being that this man was Saudi headed to the U.S Iran must have wanted him dead for a very good reason so this meeting couldn't take place, war is imminent.

11. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Fool. What, they never heard of the Patriot act? Most people these days know you can't deal in that kind of loot and not attract attention. Even through your PC. Of course the government would know. Hell, your friends on Facebook could probably find out these days. They expect us to believe international spies would just "wire" 100k through American banks. Yeah, that's how unsuffisticated them thar brown people is.

People actually read this article and believe it, right?

12. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

War is only "imminent" if Americans continue to swallow this bullshit and keep letting our country be jerked around. Once we figure out who the real "baddies" are, I'm sure we can cease with all this stupid war.

13. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

You just can't wait to lick the government propaganda, can you? What's it taste like? :facepalm:

My local newspaper had a rather large, prominent picture of Eric Holder on the front page, putting him and Clinton in a rather heroic light.

What other story has been unfolding for months and is now coming to a frothing boil???
    Hint: just as with this story, it involves drug cartels.
    Bonus hint: it involves Attorney General Holder.

Thanks to WRH...
    Old plot.
    Thank God that Cartel henchman was miraculously a DEA agent!

It is pretty obvious this story is circulating (resuscitated, even), in part, to help distract from that other story.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah thats my favourite part of the plot. Take one used car salesman with monetary problems, send him one FBI undercover agent with money to fund a terrorist plot in the US and "save" the day by "uncovering" the plot. Doh!

Meanwhile:

15. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Was there an FBI agent/informant involved? I've only seen references to DEA, although I have not read all the details of the case. It would make sense, though, since, as you quoted:

To begin with, this episode continues the FBI’s record-setting undefeated streak of heroically saving us from the plots they enable. From all appearances, this is, at best, yet another spectacular “plot” hatched by some hapless loser with delusions of grandeur but without any means to put it into action except with the able assistance of the FBI, which yet again provided it through its own (paid, criminal) sources posing as Terrorist enablers. The Terrorist Mastermind at the center of the plot is a failed used car salesman in Texas with a history of pedestrian money problems. Dive under your bed. “For the entire operation, the government’s confidential sources were monitored and guided by federal law enforcement agents,” explained U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, and “no explosives were actually ever placed anywhere and no one was actually ever in any danger.’”
    http://warincontext.org/2011/10/12/the-“very-scary”-iranian-terror-plot/

Not only do the FBI seem to anywhere the would-be terrorists need them to be, but are always on hand to supply money, fake explosives, and the power to arrest them.

The Antonio Martinez case is almost more laughable.. young Hispanic, probably Catholic, gets despondent about life and religion, and somehow decides a conversion to Islam is what the doctor ordered. Soon, after taking a Muslim wife (maybe she convinced him to convert? unsure of the sequence) he decides he needs to engage in "Jihad" against America. His wife is supportive. His mother (presumably also a Catholic) doesn't try to talk him out of it, oddly.
    Meanwhile, he is in constant contact with terrorist masterminds in Pakistan (FBI? CIA? ISI?) while all the time monitored by FBI. He meets up with them, they aid him, give him the fake bomb, and send him to blow up an Army recruitment center.

That's what I recall from first reading it last year, a week or two after the Christmas tree "bomber" and I distinctly remember thinking "This sounds like such a hokey story."

In other news....

8 killed in Southern California salon shooting

Ah! A successful terrorist attack! Who do we bomb?

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Great follow up. . .
    Mr. President, We Believe Holder Lied on Iran Terror

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

18. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

California?
    Congress?
    The White house?
    The Fed?
    Beauty Salons?
    Truck dealerships?

I dunno, who would you recommend?

19. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just read this on a message board:

Can you say, glass houses?

And here:

Sanctions Cost Iran $14 Billion a Year in Lost Oil Revenue

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

My initial reaction was dam they screwed it up, and then i thought it was a load of nonsense and then i thought how hypocritical!!

22. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Except they didn't just wire 100k through American Banks.

They used Foreign banks.

They just weren't aware of how the international payment system actually works and were apparently unaware that the Foreign banks used the NY banks to make the actual transfer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/page/us-complaint-alleged-iran-directed-terror-plot-12108635

23. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Yeah them thickO iranians, thjey dont know how the financial systems work!!!