have a beer with...a redux?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by chimpkin, Sep 19, 2011.

1. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Who would you most like to have a beer with here, were distance not an issue?
    myself, I think Dywyddyr, Synthesizer-Patel (Where'd he go?), Mitch, Scheherazade, Varda, NMSquirrel, Geoff P, Mi-Ke-Gal...probably other people on here that I can't think of ATM.

It would be interesting to see what Gustav is like in RL, not sure I wanna do that with alcohol involved...(mentally inserting every Hollywood image of barfight here...)

I'd like to have something vegetarian and curried with SAM as she's not gonna do beer, I don't guess. Phlogistician would probably end up leaving me feeling intellectually embarrassed or something...

Then again, having all those clashing personalities in one room with alcohol involved...(mentally inserting every Hollywood image of barfight here...)

Y'all would do better were I not having a beer ...maybe a shot of whiskey at worst...but coffee is generally best here.
    I am kind yet honest. On alcohol, I just get honest...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't have a drinking problem anymore...but if I drink I may cause problems...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

I would have a beer with you. Tastes especially good on a hot day or after sports.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Some drinking can be tempered by knowing its effect via science, but internal feelings may overwhelm the information, which may be akin to those going only by internal feelings and sensations of 'God' without being informed by the science externals of the neurology beneath.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Arrrgggg...I'd be likin' to 'ave an ale wit ya too!

(It's international talk like a pirate day)

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but you're a slut. You'd have a beer with anyone.
    Especially if they were paying.

9. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Ya scurry dog be right...now give me a piece of eight to buy another grog!

-Cap'n Mitchbeard

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Grog then...or Sack! (That sounds vaguely perverted...plus port wine hangovers take no prisoners...ooh...)

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I'd like to have a beer with Trippy, the mod of Chemistry...so we can discuss Arrrrrgon.

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Arrr Arrr Arrr

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And he could point out that the chemical symbol for (Long John) Silver is Ag - for Aaaargentum.

14. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

argon gas in windows is a wast of money if you live at high altitudes . Even if just transported over a high grade by truck makes for undue stress on the window ( Known to brake the seal before you even get the sucker installed ) You brought up argon gas not Me so you are the troll not Me .
    I would have a beer with you Chimpkin . Any Day Any Time and if Me Band was playing at the event that would even be better . I would force the band to learn a song just for you . I would think about a song that fit you well . What is that song . A woman sings it . It has a lyric in it that fits well if your name was Mary . It goes " Mary !!! She will bake you cookie and then burn your town .
    Just joking . Flame on !!!

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Trippy and I could talk about septic systems with gray water leach systems and how to insure drain length proportion per household members . I think He inspects shit like that . His environmental enforcement day job that pays his bills . Course He might not want to talk about work and that is fine . If Me band is there he could talk about fucking guitar skills as most people are blown away . Even other musicians . What can I say . I paid the price . Bloody fucking fingers and a butt load of practice . I'm good . Anyone who comes to Missoula I am easy to find . We can have coffee or beer . If you all come at once you will have to chip in to get a space big enough and help pay for the beer and coffee . We could rent this place out side of the urban core right by the airport . It is a newer building owned by a French couple . Very cool space . A nice convention atmosphere with very warm colors and soft cushy seating . I like the stage location . I don't know how good the sound is as the ceilings are kind of high in proportion to the room size. Could be a bit of an echo type chamber . Don't know ? When Me and Mary play there in the future i will learn more about the acoustics. If you bring your dog Frag!! I promise not to kill it . My word is my bond so you can take that to the bank

16. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Hmm...I bet my wife would like Missoula...
    She'd never want to leave though.

Search and Destroy would be cool...get him to bring some novel snack foods!

Parmalee...(Come baaaaack!)
    Stoniphi and family,
    Kira? Yeah, she's a smartypants...

Hmm...after this summer, thinking I should build a garden bed outside the bathroom and rig the tub alone to drain directly into said garden.
    I forget to water stuff, but I shower daily.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The cold winters can be a real bitch sometimes . 35 below and with the wind blowing 40 miles an hour dropping the wind chill down to 80 below . We in Montana say god did that to keep the tourists tourists . I know Meany Californians who moved here one year just to move back to California the very next spring. We have not had a winter like that for quite a while now . Were due any time . Not this year though . It will be a winter wonder land again like last year . Over abundance of snow in the high country and the valley floor mixed with lots of rain . That is the long range forecast for this next coming year . Holding strong in a typical weather pattern for the last 3 or 4 years with increasing participation year to year . Makes for great skiing and Christmas to die for . There are a couple of ski events at Snow-bowl that are part of the world circuit ( The Glendi Jump is one? Fuck spelling ) Aerial ski jumping. What was that Olympians name from Missoula . Can't remember . Now he was some trickster on skies . I think he helped bring the circuit to Missoula . I don't remember the new event but world class skiers from all over the world come for it . I think last year was the first year the event was in Missoula and it was planned to be annual. Ski heaven . If you can ski Snow Bowl you can ski anywhere . That is what the pro says.
    I am a lazy skier . An old hip injury makes Me that way .

Watch out for more flooding of the Missouri next spring . Don't be surprised if it does . We are in a weather pattern

18. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Imagine Chimpkin having tea with me!
    Ha!

19. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Missouri = Misery.

20. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Why thank you for the invitation to such an intriguing possibility. Of course, I would have to bring my horse, Caramel, who is an entity known in virtual reality and a contributor to a book which was evolved from contributions to the following thread on another forum, starting at post #4.

My horse usually drinks 'Adam's Ale' and enjoys snacks at these virtual get-togethers.

http://www.toequest.com/forum/the-many-worlds-pub/4346-wick-the-cricket-9.html

21. Ellis Registered Senior Member

Interesting idea...

I'm going to set up some paper figurines labeled as different sciforums members and put a bag containing various quotes with numbers assigned beside each one. I'll then play spin the bottle to select a member, roll some dice to pick a quote while drinking myself and see how the simulation goes...

I'd hate to see the barfight from your meeting chimp! Alot of torn pocket protectors and taped up glasses the next day, I bet!!

22. Ellis Registered Senior Member

Couldn't complete simulation....

I used Moderator rules and everyone got banned before I could finish... haha

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Hmm, could be interesting to see what quotes you (and maybe others) would use. What members see as "representative" comments of/ by other members.