Anyone ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Believe, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Now I'm not saying that they are aliens, I am speaking of unidentified flying objects, which could be anything.

I myself have now seen two. One when I was younger. I was looking up at a powerline at night and I thought I saw two reflective squirl eyes looking back at me. Then, it turned a little and realized it was actually 3 bright spots in a triangle that were slowly turning far above the powerline (moved my head to check) and traveling in a south easterly direction. I then lost the object in the trees a few seconds later.

The second time was last year. I was standing outside my house smoking a cig (I am quit now thanks) and I looked up and thought I saw a satellite. I watched it for a little while and suddenly it completed a 45 degree turn (losing all momentum in the original direction of travel) and zipped off and I lost it. From what I know of physics this ranges from impossible to highly improbable at the speeds you would need to be at in space to be visiblibly moving like this.

Not sure what I saw, but both were weird for sure!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(personally I think time travelers are more likely then aliens visiting earth and not telling everyone but who knows)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yes, I thought it was a heron, but it may have been a crane. Is it considered identified simply because it was a bird?

don't even wanna talk about what I've seen while on acid

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Kinda yeah

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

oh, then no. My husband says he has, but he believes in Bigfoot, so....

8. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

You could probably start an entire new forum with that!

9. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

My brother and I saw something moving very slowly across the starfield, slowly accelerating and getting brighter, then winking out.
    I've seen satellites zipping over, and satellites don't maneuver.

Also seemed higher than a satellite, but almost impossible to really tell, of course.

10. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

That screams meteor to me, I've actually seen one like that where it gets brighter as it gets deeper in the atmosphere. However, the one I saw exploded spectacularly! (it was so bright the sun could have come out for a split second, like close by lightning)

11. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

I saw a big black sphere floating near my house. It looked like a bin bag full of air, but more spherical. So I actually thought "Bin bag!" And decided that even though it looked strange, I should just go with a reasonable explanation. But then it stopped floating around, and stopped in an exact still position. It was a bit windy, so I was a bit confused. I thought "Give it a couple of minutes, and think of it as a "Bin bag".. But it was stationary for about 2 hours, and when I say stationary, the wind was not even moving it a fraction. It was sort of locked in place. Even on a wire the wind would have rocked it a bit.

12. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@PP --

Let me guess, your video camera and other recording devices weren't working were they?

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yes.

Edit: that's an answer to "Anyone ever seen a UFO?", not Arioch's post.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  14. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

The interesting thing about it being stationary would not look accurate on a shaky camera. You would see it moving all over the place. Anyway, I'm not interested in proving it. I'm not a big UFO fan.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  15. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@PP --

To be fair, you're not really interested in proving anything you claim, which is why you're a woomeister.

16. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

To be fair, I only studied the Universe so that I could know what everything was. Proving it to others wasn't on my original agenda.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

But you found that studying was too hard and decided to make it up instead.

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

If you actually see an object in the air wouldn't that then become an "identified" flying object? :shrug:

"Look up there, it looks like a big bag floating." So even with that statement it is telling us that the object was identified and what it looked like. Just because we don't know what that "bag" was made from doesn't make it a UFO.

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What it looks like is not necessarily what it is. Therefore it hasn't, strictly speaking, been identified.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So if a person looks at a cloud and can't tell what it is made of would it then be a UFO because of your statement then?

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

If they don't actually identify it as a cloud then it's not been identified:

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well yeah...duh...in 1982 a stealth fighter spotted would be a UFO.

23. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Why is it acceptable to deny that there are things in the sky and space that humans have no knowledge of?..No scientist would ever claim that every living thing on earth or in the sea has been identified.