Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences and sacrifice of Jesus?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Does God accept bribes, ransoms, indulgences and sacrifice of Jesus?

Eze 18 20
    The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psa 49 7
    None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Man has worked hard to try to put in place a system of justice where the guilty pay for their crimes/sin and the innocent go free. This actually seems to follow the scriptures above and if you are doing unto others what you would like done to you, then you will applaud our present legal forms.

God on the other hand, and those theists that want to ride their scapegoat Jesus as a sacrifice for their sins and not step up to their responsibilities, seem to prefer to have the innocent punished and let the guilty walk.

Scripture says that God cannot be bribed and will not accept a ransom of an innocent party to redeem another. Yet that is exactly what God is said to have done when he intentionally had his son murdered. Some call it a sacrifice. God wanting or needing a blood sacrifice also goes completely against scriptures but he and his followers don‘t seem to know that.

The other bribes or ransoms that God seems to accept are indulgences given by the church and were ironically what created the reformation movement and sects that now somehow embrace that immoral notion. Martin Luther must be spinning in his grave. I will grant that that practice is not as widespread as it once was, but to me, the idea that a man can sin against another man, and by just placing a few $$$ in a church strong box without even having to seek forgiveness from his victim, and expect with church guarantee a shorter stay in purgatory, is just too immoral for me.

All these bribes, ransoms and indulgences are for the forgiveness of sins.
    His murder or sacrifice of his son is for the same reason and also has the innocent being punished while the guilty go free.

As the great law maker and executor of justice, do you think it moral for God to accept and demand such instead of making the guilty pay and letting the innocent live?

Secular law generally follows the bible’s idea of justice, in many cases, as shown in the verses above. Should secular law reverse itself and follow God’s ideas of justice instead in accepting bribes, ransoms and sacrifices of innocent men?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wlminex Banned Banned

. . . a sacrificial lamb ever so often can't hurt . . . . otherwise just tithe 10% of your gross income!
    God actually needs neither - and God has a sense of humor, I'm sure.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.