Ethnic segregation

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by arauca, Aug 19, 2011.

1. arauca Banned Banned

Do we segregate our self ,if we do , why ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Of course - there's a very natural tendency to do so.

Why? Simple - people generally prefer to be around those who are like themselves.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

People feel "safer" among like minded people, and assume people who look/sound like each other share each others outlook.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Absolutely.

And that promotes a good degree of other things as well like self-confidence, the ease of familiarity, being less "on-edge", feeling less likely to be taken advantage of, and less likely to be be misunderstood. (And some other important positives that don't immediately come to mind.)

8. arauca Banned Banned

Is so, Then why are we insisting to integrate neighborhoods

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Have you ever shoved a load of termites onto a nest of ants? Sure is fun to watch.

10. arauca Banned Banned

It is an interesting metaphor, I suppose you have done it and you have seen what happened .
    We are human supposedly rational.
    We had war ,religious war in Ireland , Lebanon, but the problem was solved without forced integration.

11. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

The operative word here should not be integration but rather assimilation - with the assimilation running in ALL directions, not just one or more into another single one.

Because the end point of that would be to reduce and finally eliminate any and all differences as much as possible. And that's exactly what's happening in the world today even though it's a very, very slow process.

12. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I like multiracial neighborhoods myself. Nothing but other caucasians kind of creeps me out, as I associate it with narrowminded rednecks who will hate me for my religion, gender, sexual orientation, spousal choice and unkempt lawn.

13. arauca Banned Banned

I associate it with narrowminded rednecks who will hate me for my religion, gender, sexual orientation, spousal choice and unkempt lawn.[/QUOTE]

Sexual orientation why ? Are you peddling your arsh when you walk shouldn't you sexual orientation be something private ?

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Spouses or even lovers should be able to walk down the street holding hands or with their arms around each other, or run out to the car and give each other a kiss after returning from a business trip.

No one has ever told the rest of us that our "sexual orientation should be private," and most of us flaunt it almost constantly it in a hundred little ways without giving it a second thought. She's just asking for the same rights that the rest of us have.

Seems plenty reasonable to me. I lived in Hollywood for ten years where gay people lived just like the rest of us, and it worked fine.

I'm working on a bumper sticker that says:

Keep the Mexicans and deport the Rednecks!
    Better food, cooler music, hotter chicks!

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

In Malaysia as an example they have many different ethnic and religious peoples living there side by side. A church next to a Mosque isn't uncommon there. Millions live together in balance with each other allowing for each other to do, think and dress the way they want to without any problems. What's so hard to understand that it does happen and can happen here if the racists and bigots would just learn how to understand that everyone is different than them and won't adhere to their dictum's.

16. arauca Banned Banned

17. arauca Banned Banned

Remember Bigots and racist are not born . people make the them, people that don.t have respect for other peoples right. And the war stats

18. arauca Banned Banned

sorry for the duplicate post

19. BennyF Registered Senior Member

Separation into different groups based on either appearance or the countries that your ancestors came from is useless. Any intermarriage will blur the clear lines that the separatists need to create groups with colors as their identifying marks.

Let me offer a real-life example, proven historically accurate by extensive documentation. The third President of the U.S., named Thomas Jefferson, had slaves at his house. One day, he had sex with a female slave named Sally Hemmings, and she got pregnant.

http://www.monticello.org/site/plan...mas-jefferson-and-sally-hemings-brief-account

The child grew up and had sex with someone who was not a slave. That child also grew up and had sex with someone who was not a slave. There are now many people who are descendants of a slave who look nothing like Sally the Slave. If you believe that individual races can always be separated, then you must be able to answer this question:

Are the descendants of Sally Hemmings white because they look like Tom, or are they black because any child of a black parent is always black?

If you decide that they're white, then you have to be willing to admit that some black parents can produce a white child, which is exactly what happened somewhere along the bloodline.

If you decide that they're black, then you have to be willing to admit that people who look white are actually black, just because they have that one drop of the blood of a black person somewhere in their bloodline.

Good luck in maintaining any form of racial separation after you've answered my question. I gave up the idea of a racial classification system a long time ago as completely unworkable for this simple reason - intermarriages produce a rainbow of people with a million colors, all represented by living, breathing people.

If you're still desperate to maintain the illusion that you can classify people into separate races, then try this one. Imagine that there are five races, all named using the first five letters of the alphabet. One day, a man from the A race meets and falls in love with a woman from the B race. They have sex, and she gets pregnant. Which race will the child belong to, the A race of the father or the B race of the mother? I hope you can see the similarity between this theoretical exercise and the real-life example of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemminhgs. Are you going to arbitrarily classify the child and all of its' descendants into one race? Are you going to create a sixth race just for that one child? Or are you going to say that the whole classification system is unworkable and should be scrapped, as I did a long time ago?

20. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Ben you are great person . I got your back . I got guns too. All you Christians think about this : Jesus is the bastard son of God. If you ubderstand that certainly you can understand what Ben the Man is saying

I'm a red neck by the way . Thanks for dissing Me up there on your high horse

21. arauca Banned Banned

What i believe the present time segregation is based on trash and safety in the neighborhood you can be black and poor , but if you can maintain the neighborhood clean and safe that is welcome . You can be white and wealthy but if your attitude is to trash then you are not welcome so there is white human trash same as black human trash. So segregation is going to continue

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes, the lawn is a big one

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

there are schools here that have black proms and white proms. The schools are integrating them and teh kids are having a fit. They want their own separate parties