Who is the epitome of Evil, God or Satan?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Who is the epitome of Evil, God or Satan?

Though shalt place no one above me. Satan did not as he followed God’s instructions with Job. He was firmly under God’s control.

Many have jumped through hoops to make anyone other than God the most evil in existence yet scripture says that God gets the Gold star in all categories. Even as the most evil. After all, he is said to have created the concept of law. The Word. All Goods and Evils. The first divisive tool for social manipulation and control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1qWZWNGGE

God is said to have just about all attributes that man has been able to imagine.
    God has been reduced to our wish list. Including the creator of an everlasting hell to entertain our more hateful wishes.

God is still ashamed of what he has wrought as in the days of Noah.
    Mythical Noah the is. Even after using genocide to reboot his systems. Strange. Another failure. God, if he were real, seems to have two messages for us.
    Do as you are told and do not think too much. Hence faith to drive away logic and reason.

As the epitome of Evil, Satan runs a poor second place to God.
    Have we put the blame for creations evils on the created, Satan, when it was God, who, as the epitome of Evil, shirked his duty of taking responsibility for what he as God sowed.
    That also would mean that Bishop John Spong was right and God is guilty of child abuse by putting the responsibility for his works on Jesus.

Do as I say and not as I do is God’s policy.
    I also would argue against his policy or rewarding what he calls rebellion. I E. Giving Satan dominion over mankind and rewarding Cain with a kingdom for murder.
    Not a good thing for the law maker to do.
    Two stains on his Gold star.

Is God the epitome of evil?
    Is that the moral lesson of the flood myth?
    What does that say of the literalists who follow Noah’s God and think that genocide is good justice?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

God created all that lies in this earth, that includes Satan. If he did, he did for good reason. Evil exist on its own in this day, it should have died out years ago. Satan lives in every single one of us. I feel him in me as I type this. You can't help it, its the society we live, and where we are going as a people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

John ...who invented both.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Satan in you!

Did God not sentence Satan to hell?

What is he waiting for to administer his justice.

Giving Satan dominion here and rewarding him is hardly justice.
    That is like putting the fox in the hen house. Quite the punishment.

Regards
    DL

8. birch Valued Senior Member

lol. this is one of the classic examples of why you can't trust theists. even the friggen enemy of god is supposedly a good thing after all since god created it.

you will find out that theists are not that moral or a lot of things they espouse on the surface.

9. THEOLLIE8 Registered Member

Neither are real so this question does not have an answer out of the options

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You cannot analyze a book of myths and come to a conclusion?
    Ok.
    I read Mother Goose and can dither out that the ogre is the bad guy.

Regards
    DL