Banning religion?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by United for Communism, Aug 6, 2011.

1. United for Communism Marx & Lenin Forward Registered Senior Member

Religion is outdated, ignorant, and the cause of great conflict and hatred; and to boot, it is the tool of the capitalist class, used to exploit the worker.

"Religion is what keeps the poor man from murdering the rich man" - Napoleon Boneparte

I'm all for principles of freedom of religion and all, but wouldn't it be for the overall good of the people if we just ban it, deal with the whining that comes, and within a generation or two, be free entirely of religion?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Because you are suppressing the freedom of the right to choose. Religions won't just "go away" if you try to outlaw them. Religions are needed by billions of people but in a Democracy you can be and think anyway you so want. Forcing the will of the people to stop something they believe in will only cause many more problems. It is much more advantageous to allow Religions to flourish and keep educating people with the truth about science and the natural way we evolved so that over time people will become understanding, if they so choose, as to what the truth is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

UofC appears to be a big fan of limiting personal freedoms and imposing his own ideology. He'd be right at home in Stalinist Russia.

The very reasons communism does not, and never has, worked.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Well, you see, the road to paradise lies along a path that requires brutal repression. But in the end it will all have been worth it, even though the path to get there required the liquidation of over 50% of the population.

I have nagging suspicions that the person posting all of this is not at all sincere, but instead a persona adopted for the sole purpose of stirring up shit on this forum.

8. United for Communism Marx & Lenin Forward Registered Senior Member

Well, then you are wrong.

There are people who believe force can be used for good. I am one of them. Would you like historical examples of when force has been used for good?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Show me where those empires are today, oh that's right they were overthrown by force weren't they and the beat goes on.

10. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

If you are indeed sincere, then you are useless.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/17350/pg17350.txt

11. United for Communism Marx & Lenin Forward Registered Senior Member

Don't you think I would like peace? Peace is always preferable to war.

My point was that force can be used for good; this has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I want peace or war.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Only Tyrants, Dictators and Facists know that they can use force to keep their citizens under their thumbs and downtrodden. When has a dictator used force for good, again please give me a link.

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

People will always believe in something.. period. Weather that be nothing,a gold goat, or something logical like a creator.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

how little you know about the common man.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd like a gold goat!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Spread the word!

17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Besides, this isn't about banning religions; it's about banning competing religions. The religion of Marxism doesn't tolerate competition.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

Are you arguing that more murder would be a desirable outcome?

I think you'd be pretty upset if someone banned communism and all the whining associated with that. If you want the freedom to believe what you want, you have to grant others that same right.

19. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Communism does not agree with this.

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What is the religion of Marxism? I think a pretty simple idea for a religion that all can aply is this. God is the creator, and these are his morals (morals of being a good person). Other than that leave it to yourself to find answers.

21. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Which God?

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Anytime force is used,it is a bad thing.

no matter how well intentioned the motivation is.

I have always been the type to resist force, no matter what the intention..
    ..If God was forced down my throat,i would not believe
    ..if atheism is forced on me i would also resist that..
    If someone tried to force me to take 1 million dollars, i would resist..(but i seriously don't know how long i would resist that one..)

23. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Your in luck today . It is your lucky day . You can call it your personal day of the lord for you have just come up against the power of God . " That be Me " I am the power of god so you will have to kill Me first . Can you do that ? Many thought they could . No one succeeded yet and if I continue to have my way you <<"will never">> . I'm extremely easy to find and Many know my name . I protect the oppressed and oppressed protect Me . They know my name well because they call it daily for Me to stand . So I stand before you this day . Lets party ! Missoula that is were I can be found