Have you ever seen anything supernatural?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by answers, Jul 25, 2011.

1. answers Registered Senior Member

Of course I don't believe in anything supernatural, but I was just wondering if anyone thinks they have seen something supernatural. We should get some interesting stories.

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RedRabbit Registered Senior Member

Usain Bolt. 100m final. WR. Supernatural!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Define supernatural.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. answers Registered Senior Member

Luckily the dictionary has already done the work for me.

Supernatural:
    1. Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
    2. Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
    3. Of or relating to a deity.
    4. Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
    5. Of or relating to the miraculous.

8. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Man, I could really run with this:
    Define "natural world"
    Define "natural forces"
    Define "Deity"
    Define "divine powers/divinity"
    Define Miracles

But naw, I get the picture

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've never experienced anything supernatural while sober. But years ago I experimented with a lot of drugs, and there were times when I saw things that I would definitely have called supernatural at the time. Now I know it was just the chemicals playing with my mind.

9. answers Registered Senior Member

Really good point skaught. I think experiencing something 'supernatural' that you know was due to chemical reactions in your brain, would be a good experience in the sense that when you are possibly faced with someone elses' supernatural claims or you possibly experience non-drug related visions, then you know that it's probably just the brain skipping a beat again like it did when you took the drugs.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Yeah, since I have quit, I've had little blips here and there. I don't buy into the whole "flashback" crap, I think people fake that shit. But sometimes I'll get whats called "euphoric recall". It's like I suddenly can clearly remember what it felt like to be on a certain drug, and the memory is so clear that I almost feel like I'm high on it! But usually as soon as I realize whats going on, it is gone.

11. answers Registered Senior Member

It's amazing what the brain can do.

12. Ellie Banned Banned

And of course these supernatural beings are soooo soooo concerned with us.

Well thats why its called supernatural.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I actually died once and was dead for 3 minutes before they revived me. So I gues you might classify that experiance as a "miricle" as I was brought back from the dead.

14. answers Registered Senior Member

Fucking Zombie!

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

When I was 12, starting on my first episode of severe depression and going through a spiritual crisis, I went out, knelt in the rain in the yard, and asked if there was any deity out there to please send me a rainbow as a sign of his/her/its'/their existence.
    Mind you, the sky was a solid gray overcast, like a bowl of steel.
    I closed my eyes and prayed with sincerity and concentration, and when I opened them there was a small rainbow directly where I first opened my eyes towards.

I've mentioned this before.

16. answers Registered Senior Member

Rainbows on a rainy day... I don't know if that fits into the definition of supernatural.

If you think of all the people that have asked for signs in the world, the fact that some signs actually happen here and there is to be expect by chance. Especially when all the sign has to be is a rainbow on a rainy day.

Chimpkin was that supernatural event enough to convince you that there was a god? Are you a believer in a specific religion now?

Thanks this is really interesting.

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I'm a very eclectic Pagan with Buddhism mixed in liberally.

I didn't ask who, I just asked if there were any.

The reason I asked for a rainbow on a rainy day is... I figured if the deity didn't have to bend the rules that terribly much, I'd be more likely to get my sign.

:shrug:

18. answers Registered Senior Member

chimpkin I see what you mean. I'm way too critical as a person, to believe in god based on just a rainbow though. 'god' would have to do something pretty damn amazing to convince me. But I'm an incredibly critical person, not always a great quality I must admit haha.

19. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

That was just clinical death and not dead and turned to a skeleton so no that isn't much of a miracle.

20. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

why did you start this thread? i'm sorry but it doesn't make sense to me that you would ask someone if they've ever seen anything supernatural, and then turn around in the next breath, before they've even had a chance to answer, and say so smugly that of course you don't believe them. what are your intentions here?

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

this is so irritating. get a dictionary ffs; what the hell?

23. answers Registered Senior Member

Lori the purpose of this thread is really complicated and devious. It is... wait for it... to find out if people have seen anything they think is supernatural. I said straight away that I wasn't going to believe it was supernatural, so anyone that posts won't have any surprises when I don't believe it was supernatural.

Feel free not to post Lori.