E.S.P Due To Magnetism In Blood Flow

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by common_sense_seeker, Jul 18, 2011.

1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Cones in the eyes of animals concentrate the magnetised iron in the increased blood flow to give a signal which is detectable by the blood flow of other animals. Animal magnetism is as real as real can be imo.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Yes, very good Cosmic. There's a connection there for sure

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

8. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Animal magnetism

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Franz Mesmer

In 1774, Mesmer produced an "artificial tide" in a patient by having her swallow a preparation containing iron, and then attaching magnets to various parts of her body. She reported feeling streams of a mysterious fluid running through her body and was relieved of her symptoms for several hours. Mesmer did not believe that the magnets had achieved the cure on their own. He felt that he had contributed animal magnetism, which had accumulated in his work, to her. He soon stopped using magnets as a part of his treatment.

10. CptBork Valued Senior Member

E.S.P. Can also be readily explained using the scientific disciplines of magic trickology and criminal fraudology. See here for a classic example.

11. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Evidence. Justified, rigorous, scientific EVIDENCE.

I seriously can't believe you have an MSc in anything resembling science. You wouldn't know science if it set you on fire.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

true, but science has yet to explain why certain people can score a consistent 70% or better for determining what the next random card will be from a shuffled deck.

13. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

14. Vulgaris Registered Member

You can guess, make connections and see patterns all you wan't. And humans tend to be good at that. That's why it isn't enough - it would make us spend alot of time looking into alot of nonsense.
    But you go do some experiments and bring me some solid, significant data. Then we can talk. Scientists should always be open to new concepts, but that doesn't mean that he should accept them when someone propose them with nothing to support it. Go get data.

15. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

CSS, that doesn't mean the effects you claim exist exist. Magnesium exists within Chlorophyll, doesn't mean you can set fire to living plants easily.

16. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Really, show me this example, because my best guess (also about 70% right) is that this is BS.

17. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

CommonSenseSeeker seeks, but fails to find.

18. CptBork Valued Senior Member

It's never been done repeatedly in a controlled environment, hence most scientists rightly laugh at such claims. We demand independent reproducibility for these kinds of claims, because there are plenty of idiots in the field of parapsychology (i.e. Duke University) who are desperate to justify their pointless careers and are terribly incompetent at discerning fakery from reality. If the bile they spew had any merit to it, they wouldn't need to have a separate field called parapsychology, it would have already been merged with real science.

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

20. kwhilborn Banned Banned

Interesting!

I have often wondered if diet, or certain minerals would aid in psychic activity.
    Calcium was one thing I had in mind back then.

Anyways; I have heard of a similar theory that our cells communicate with each other over distance using superconductivity fields.

http://blog.genuineobservations.com/2010/04/14/superconductivity-in-the-human-body/
    or
    a bit more exact as to whats happening for the scientists ...
    http://physics.nyu.edu/~pc86/BCSat504pdf.pdf

is a link to something similar.

I'd like to see experiments that took place within a larger man created superconductivity field.

21. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

lol

I read your post then looked at the cat pic.

22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

23. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

In two words, uneducated crap.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!