Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: E.S.P Due To Magnetism In Blood Flow

Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador common_sense_seeker's Avatar

E.S.P Due To Magnetism In Blood Flow

Cones in the eyes of animals concentrate the magnetised iron in the increased blood flow to give a signal which is detectable by the blood flow of other animals. Animal magnetism is as real as real can be imo.

Yes, very good Cosmic. There's a connection there for sure

Animal magnetism

Animal magnetism (French: magnétisme animal; Latin: magnetismus animalis), in modern usage, refers to a person's sexual attractiveness or raw charisma. Originally the term referred to a supposed magnetic fluid or ethereal medium that resided in the bodies of animate beings (i.e., those who breathe), as postulated by Franz Mesmer. The term translates Mesmer's magnétisme animal. Mesmer chose the word "animal" to distinguish his supposed vital magnetic force from those referred to at that time as mineral magnetism, cosmic magnetism and planetary magnetism.
    Biomagnetism is the phenomenon of magnetic fields produced by living organisms; it is a subset of bioelectromagnetism. The study of the biological effects of magnetic fields is magnetobiology. (The word biomagnetism has also been used loosely to include magnetobiology, further encompassing almost any combination of the words magnetism and biology.)

The origin of the word biomagnetism is unclear, but seems to have appeared several hundred years ago, linked to the expression "animal magnetism." The present scientific definition took form in the 1970s, when an increasing number of researchers began to measure the magnetic fields produced by the human body. The first valid measurement was actually made in 1963,[1] but the field began to expand only after a low-noise technique was developed in 1970.[2] Today the community of biomagnetic researchers does not have a formal organization, but international conferences are held every two years, with about 600 attendees. Most conference activity centers around the MEG (magnetoencephalogram), the measurement of the magnetic field of the brain.

Franz Mesmer

In 1774, Mesmer produced an "artificial tide" in a patient by having her swallow a preparation containing iron, and then attaching magnets to various parts of her body. She reported feeling streams of a mysterious fluid running through her body and was relieved of her symptoms for several hours. Mesmer did not believe that the magnets had achieved the cure on their own. He felt that he had contributed animal magnetism, which had accumulated in his work, to her. He soon stopped using magnets as a part of his treatment.

Robbing the Shalebridge Cradle CptBork's Avatar
    E.S.P. Can also be readily explained using the scientific disciplines of magic trickology and criminal fraudology. See here for a classic example.

Quote Originally Posted by common_sense_seeker View Post
    Cones in the eyes of animals concentrate the magnetised iron in the increased blood flow to give a signal which is detectable by the blood flow of other animals.
    Evidence. Justified, rigorous, scientific EVIDENCE.

I seriously can't believe you have an MSc in anything resembling science. You wouldn't know science if it set you on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by CptBork View Post
    E.S.P. Can also be readily explained using the scientific disciplines of magic trickology and criminal fraudology. See here for a classic example.
    true, but science has yet to explain why certain people can score a consistent 70% or better for determining what the next random card will be from a shuffled deck.

Tiny Magnets Found in Human Brain!!

Magnetic Crystals, Guides for Animals, Found in Humans

An intriguing claim that human brain cells possess crystals of a highly magnetic mineral known as magnetite was described today by Dr. Joseph Kirschvink, a professor at the California Institute of Technology (1992)

Registered Member
    You can guess, make connections and see patterns all you wan't. And humans tend to be good at that. That's why it isn't enough - it would make us spend alot of time looking into alot of nonsense.
    But you go do some experiments and bring me some solid, significant data. Then we can talk. Scientists should always be open to new concepts, but that doesn't mean that he should accept them when someone propose them with nothing to support it. Go get data.

CSS, that doesn't mean the effects you claim exist exist. Magnesium exists within Chlorophyll, doesn't mean you can set fire to living plants easily.

Quote Originally Posted by leopold99 View Post
    true, but science has yet to explain why certain people can score a consistent 70% or better for determining what the next random card will be from a shuffled deck.
    Really, show me this example, because my best guess (also about 70% right) is that this is BS.

Like nailing Jello to a tree AlexG's Avatar
    CommonSenseSeeker seeks, but fails to find.

Robbing the Shalebridge Cradle CptBork's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold99 View Post
    It's never been done repeatedly in a controlled environment, hence most scientists rightly laugh at such claims. We demand independent reproducibility for these kinds of claims, because there are plenty of idiots in the field of parapsychology (i.e. Duke University) who are desperate to justify their pointless careers and are terribly incompetent at discerning fakery from reality. If the bile they spew had any merit to it, they wouldn't need to have a separate field called parapsychology, it would have already been merged with real science.

Arrow

Interesting!

I have often wondered if diet, or certain minerals would aid in psychic activity.
    Calcium was one thing I had in mind back then.

Anyways; I have heard of a similar theory that our cells communicate with each other over distance using superconductivity fields.

http://blog.genuineobservations.com/...he-human-body/
    or
    a bit more exact as to whats happening for the scientists ...
    http://physics.nyu.edu/~pc86/BCSat504pdf.pdf

is a link to something similar.

I'd like to see experiments that took place within a larger man created superconductivity field.

Transcendental Ignorance! Beer w/Straw's Avatar
    lol

I read your post then looked at the cat pic.

Transcendental Ignorance! Beer w/Straw's Avatar
    ooo

Like nailing Jello to a tree AlexG's Avatar
    Anyways; I have heard of a similar theory that our cells communicate with each other over distance using superconductivity fields
    In two words, uneducated crap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast