What is the ultimate goal of religion?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by wynn, Jul 13, 2011.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

What is the ultimate goal of religion?

Is it behavior control?
    If yes, in what sense?
    If no, why not?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What do you think it is?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

The goal of all Abrahamic religions is world domination and complete social control and manipulation.

That is the promise of Revelation when God return to impose his dominion over mankind.

End time is when God collects his own sheeple to love and the rest go to eternal torture.
    Fun for all from a tyrant.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fuse26 011 Banned

I think it is simply to spread the word that there is an ultimate being with vast powers, giving hope to all humans.

8. Bluecrux Light Bearer Registered Senior Member

Varies from religion to religion but generally to help mankind lead a better life by providing a guidebook or a set of rules which generally were indoctrinated in ancient times when the indoctrinators themselves didn't have sufficient knowledge or awareness to what might work best. Over the years, they have been simply modified or maybe altered to empower their particular religion over others than mankind itself.

9. Bluecrux Light Bearer Registered Senior Member

The thing is, mankind with religion might be savage but without religion, it would definitely be savage.

10. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Good vs. evil. I think that the purpose of religion is to teach us how to be good people. There are a couple of ways to look at it. You could look at it as indoctrination and mind control. Which is what most religions have turned into. But the original message was to show us how to be good.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Since signal won't answer his own question that I asked him to I'll give my opinion anyway.

They are to divide people into groups that can be manipulated by the leaders of those religions in order for the leaders to get money from their followed so that they can live in comfort while their followers keep giving them their money. Religions are similar to governments which also tend to separate people from each other. If I'm from a communistic type of government then I'm told that all others are wrong or if I'm a democracy I'm told that all others are wrong. We follow those that lead us no matter how blind they are because they can convince us to do so.

12. yaracuy Banned Banned

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mr. critic .
    Are you in favor in the world disarray ?
    Do we have peace in the present world ?

If your would be god how would you bring peace into the world ?

13. yaracuy Banned Banned

14. Bluecrux Light Bearer Registered Senior Member

I think that was not the original reason why religon was established.

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Give hope?

You mean charge people for this hope and force them to comply with lies and doctrines plagiarized from older religions.

Regards
    DL

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But it is what it has become and that's what he asked, the ultimate goal.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  17. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree. We are asked in scriptures to try to be as perfect as God.

The problem with this is that the moment A & E emulated God and learned of the good and evil you spoke of, God threw one hell of a sissy fit.

That is according to Christians.
    The Jews on the other hand, think of Eden as man's elevation, not his fall.

If Christianity was to usurp the Jewish scriptures, you would have thought that they would have taken their interpretations as well instead of corrupting them.

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I believe the world is going along quite nicely thanks and would let things progress as is.

You see the Godhead I believe in did not screw up creation the way you think your God did even as scripture tells you that he creates all things perfect. You believe that that perfect became imperfect while I see evolving perfection all around.

Regards
    DL

20. John99 Banned Banned

You're talking like a child. Not just that example but i have to tell you i see a level of immaturity in your posts that is kind of child-like.

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I think it does work as a form of behavior control , Is that the goal , I don't know ? I think the leaders of the churches have lost sight of what the reason is . Like the Masons and the hanged Man, or the town that has rocks of a naked man with a big penis and they even mow around the rocks to keep it pretty . They don't know why they got the ritual . Do you know much about the Sun King stuff? Someone posted it on a thread I saw on this forum , I think they were banned . I have seen a lot of fragmented info in other religions about this . It all seems to revolve around a sacrifice. Like a loop in time that happens over and over and over again . A new song on the radio brought it to my attention .

22. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Your a satanist aren't you . Good for you! Me devil Me blind Melek ain't so so bad. Cried for 40,000 years ya know . Now that is a crying Man

23. John99 Banned Banned

MekiGal, why do you put a space after your punctuation?