Stupid Dreams

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by MsKatlynn, Jun 30, 2011.

1. MsKatlynn Registered Member

I'm normally a vivid dreamer, which doesn't usually bother me, but lately I've been having some disturbing dreams. In the latest one, I was being eaten alive by a very large house cat who had screws for teeth. He started with my feet and worked his way up. And while, he didn't really get that far before I woke up, it was vivid enough that I could still feel the ghost pain from him biting and tearing my flesh, and breaking my bones when I finally did wake.

I know a little about dream interpretation, but not much. Can someone please help me find some insight into what my brain is trying to tell me?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Cats...are very sexual animals.
    The screws for teeth just makes this really blatantly obvious IMO..this is referencing sexuality.
    Something about your sexuality feels terrifying and destructive to you, is my guess...however, it may be referencing someone else's sexuality, that you feel devoured by.

If you pick apart the other details of the dream-if it was your house this happened at ? then it is likely to be your own drive.
    Someone else's house or the feeling therof, then someone else's sexuality is tearing at you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MsKatlynn Registered Member

"If you pick apart the other details of the dream-if it was your house this happened at ? then it is likely to be your own drive.
    Someone else's house or the feeling therof, then someone else's sexuality is tearing at you."

I didn't actually know where i was in the dream, or I don't remember.

I do appreciate the help. However, I don't believe the dream was sexual in nature. Firstly, because nothing in my sex life has changed in the past year. Secondly, because none of the other dreams I've been having have been sexual in nature. The biggest thing they have in common is that they are terrifying while they're happening.

The one I had before the cat dream is a little more fuzzy. What I remember of that one was that I was in the hospital. The doctor told me that I was dying due to congestive heart failure. I could feel myself suffocating on my body's own water. The doctor's, however, could not do much to treat me because my insurance wouldn't pay for it. I remember telling the doctor that since this was an emergency room they were obligated to treat me whether I could pay or not. I was terrified and confused by their reluctance to treat me, and very frustrated. In the end they sent me home to die. I woke up before I died, but not before I was having so much trouble breathing that I may as well have been literally trying to breathe underwater.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

You don't have sleep apnea, do you? Is that a possibility?

8. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

The machine is eating you alive . Inflation is eating at the stability of your income . You know in your sub conscience inflation is going to get worse. Which is the machine , or the system we live in . The fat Cat . Metal Teeth , Have you been reading my posts ? Melek Taus is the devil that haunts you > he is under your bed . Watch out for the double edged sword of his tongue will lash out an cut you like a knife . My best advise is to face your fears . If it is financial go to the source and face it head on .

Or the House cat reference could be your Domestication. Are you house broke yet? Or is your Mate house broke ?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a nightmare more than a dream. You should start writing some horror stories so that you can release some of your pent up stress and troubles you might be holding onto.

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Your brain isn't trying to tell you anything. It is simply simulating a survival scenario. What do you do if you are threatened by being eaten alive? The goal behind simulation is to train your mind into dealing with a similar real life scenario. As you don't live outdoors in the wild; however, it's not a very useful simulation.