What's your zombie plan?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by synthesizer-patel, May 28, 2011.

1. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, before it was barricade the cabin up in Finland, but now it's barricade the cabin in southern Sweden. ( I broke up with the guy who had the cabin in Finland. ) But it would be better to buy an island prior to the zombie outbreak, we should all chip in and create buy sciforum paradise island, somewhere warm of course, so people don't have to wear any clothes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Key West perhaps?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

New Zealand.

It's isolated enough to keep out the baddies, but developed enough to give me a reasonably comfortable lifestyle. There, I'll wait out the whole thing while sipping mint juleps on the lanai.

~String

8. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

watch out for the zombie sharks and zombie octopuss's's..
    sparsely? it only takes one..

what's your zombie plan?[/QUOTE]

i would be like Zombieland , just travel, try to see if i can teach myself to fly a plane (that would be me strafing those zombies for you..),find creative ways to kill zombies, get bored, then let one bit me, just to see what being a zombie is like..

9. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

10. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Unfortunately, I work at a facility in which tissue donations are taken.

Meaning our cooler usually has a cold one in it, the majority of the time.

'Fraid I'll be one of the first to go.

(BRAAAAAAINS!)

11. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

You haven't met many Kiwis have you String?

12. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

You may not realise, but asking for a mint julep you can sip on the lanai, is well-known as an extreme sport in NZ.
    You need good running skills to get away from all the poofter bashers.

And be prepared for groups of likely looking lads all pointing at you and shouting "Wanker!" in a strange accent.

13. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

I think I'd find the posibility of Maori zombies double fucking scary - not to mention the very real possibility of a Z outbreak on the plane to get there.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

My plan is to do what the Romans failed to do and cutting of zombie jesus's head. Then be hailed as the worlds Savior

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Try Tasmanian zombies, you have to shoot TWO heads instead of just one

16. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

Living in Scandinavia must be good practice for the zombi apocalypse given that you have so many drunks staggering about.

Actually that film "Skyline" was a different take on the zombi genre and they tried to get to the boats in that film.
    I think one thing that zombi films have taught us is that everyone who tries to get to the boats gets eaten by zombi's or turned into aliens. Don't try it.

You'll invariably end up in a paste board shack surrounded by the undead and the black guy will have to sacrifice himself.
    Just get some guns and a car and go to the countryside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUfvUyQr2s

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  17. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Something like this.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The best thing is a permanent physical barrier like, indeed, NZ.

The tiny problem is the trace elements of nutrition you'll be missing 3-5 years down the road while you're waiting for the zombies to rot away. I hope everyone likes their new career as a subsistence farmer. Not many advancement opportunities but lots of job security, motivated by hunger.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Semi off-topic question: Does anyone know how long gasoline could be stored and still remain viable? (Either in a can or in an underground tank at a gas station)

20. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

I'd guess that considering it had already been stored underground for around 60 million years prior to us extracting it that it's got a pretty long shelf-life.

Your long term survival option would be to go for diesel as you could always manufacture your own bio-diesel

21. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I'm pretty sure refined gasoline degrades over time..I was just wondering if it can degrade to the point where it would no longer run an engine.

Diesel is a good idea...as they aren't as picky with their fuel. I'll have to modify my "do list" for the apocalypse, and change point #2 "Steal SUV" to "Steal diesel powered SUV".

22. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

bear in mind that most consumer SUVs have pretty much zero off-road capability and would struggle on a putting green - I'd look for a Landrover Discovery ( do you have those in the US?) - it's about the best all round off roader there is and has the advantage that the engine will run on the dregs squeezed from the bottom of a MacDonalds trash can

23. superstring01 Moderator

A few. Had sex with one about five years ago. Does that count?

Are you inferring that queer bashing is more of a sport in uber-liberal New Zealand than it is in the USA? PUH-leeeez!

Also, I don't like mint juleps and I refuse to call my porch a "lanai". I'm a beer guy and I--in case of Zombie attack--I plan on living in Auckland. We gays generally get safe harbor in big cities.

I'm a pretty good fighter. I grew up on a farm, in the country; son of a father who was a boxer and a brother who was a martial artist. Not that I fight much--or ever, for that matter--but I'm not worried about my ability to hold my own in a fight.

Not worried. I'll take my chances in Kiwiland in the event of an outbreak. Low population, very advanced technology, ability to supply all its own food. Places like Hawaii or the Canaries need to import a significant portion of their food.

~String