Scalar waves?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by MacGyver1968, May 1, 2011.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I keep hearing conspiracy theorists use this term to describe everything from HAARP to directed energy weapons at the World Trade Center. I just wanted to know if such a thing actually exists in physics, or is this just a complete fabrication of the woos?

From what I understand about the physics term "scalar"...it means that something has a value but no direction...I'm not understanding how you could have a wave with these properties.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlphaNumeric Fully ionized Registered Senior Member

Scalar fields arise in physics, such as the Higgs field, certain QCD fields and the dilaton of string theory.

Although a scalar field has not directionality you can still have temperature variations which go up and down in oscillatory ways, which also move through the region.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I think the basis for the conspiracist's is that it's possible to create an endpoint wavelength which is different from the sum transmitted matrix of wavelengths that creates it.

I guess in a metaphysical term (using sea waves) it would be like two or more waves in the sea colliding together to cause a peak that is not naturally occurring without this number of waves. Obviously sea waves and RF waves are different, but hopefully you get the gist.

As for is it possible?

Well I wouldn't know about the WTC, but I would know that currently no countries is openly identifying RF misuse or applying TEMPEST shielding against misuse (other than in regards to Military Operations that have the shielded tents to stop eavesdropping)

If (from the perspective of others) it was possible to manipulate people through RF, everyone is at risk be they a bum on the street or a Politician acting as a countries Premier. (i.e. President, Prime Minister) Obviously the higher they are up in hierarchy the worse it is since they could make crucial decisions about country operations, observe military operations as well as make economic decisions that could be manipulated by a third-party to whatever endpoint.

(One of the many reasons why I can see flaws in a Representative Republican or Dictator system)

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.