Objects moving inside of my house

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by cosmictraveler, Apr 19, 2011.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Interestingly I have encountered a very unique experience here at my house. While I was out having a bite to eat for a few hours I came home to find that one of my Kachina dolls was moved ever so slightly from a north/south direction to a east/west direction. Now I know that nothing else was moved except that one Kachina so why did this happen? What would cause a thing like this to take place while I was away but not when I was at home? Since my neighbors didn't see anyone here I wouldn't think that someone came in and moved this piece but they might have if they were a neighbor. Is there other explanations for this sort of weird sort of thing happening? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

After contemplating as to why this was done I figure that someone is getting inside my house after seeing me leave and just looking around for my experiments or other things I've been up to. Since people around here know about my inventiveness I'm sure that they would like to find out what I'm up to and want to steal it if they could. I do believe that any other reason is reasonable but am willing to listen to others here about what they think it might be. :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How much distance was between it's last known location and where you found it?

Your experiments?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Questions:

Where is this Kachina from?
    What spirit does it depict?
    Who made it?
    How old is it?
    Was it made just for tourists or used for ceremonial/ritual purposes?

Was there any way anyone could have been in and out of your house without forcing an entry?
    Is there a serious chance you were mistaken?

...As you can tell, I am willing to look for both the logical and the woo-woo explanations...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

My tv set once levitated before my very eyes. It started speaking to me in a booming voice. Some language I couldn't understand. I just assumed it was unimportant at the time but now I can see other people are having inexplicable experiences also. Hmmm...

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Do you have kids?

9. YoYoPapaya Trump/Norris - 2012 Registered Senior Member

Or poltergeists?

10. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I'd be more curious if it was something that was repeatable.

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Nah, I just would not advise facing that doll in a north-south direction again...

In fact, would advise giving it a little cornmeal and some nice tobacco wrapped in something.

Scientists think in one direction; seeking to find repeatable results. Shamans seek to not piss off spirits, among other things.

You can pick which worldview you choose to operate under in this instance...
    But if you turn it back looking north-south again to see what happens...
    :shrug:

I wouldn't. I'm like that.

I'd also install deadbolts, put jimmy-preventers in the windows, maybe rescue a large, grouchy dog from the pound...

12. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

The writer you have locked in the spare bedroom while he brings Misery back from the grave has made a lockpick, and is sneaking out while you're out of the house.

:m:

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It only was turned about 45 degrees as I stated. So it moved only a little and not away from where it is located.

14. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

A repeatable pissed off spirit...at least some money could be made from that from SyFy channel, if nothing else. I wouldn't hold my breathe.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

From a friend that gave it to me but I do not know where it was actually made.

Again I don't know because I wasn't the one who bought it but only the one
    who was given it as a gift.

Looks like Navajo.

Recently made within the last 25 years I'd estimate.

?

I don't know. Since my friend gave it to me he never disclosed where he got it from or anything much about it.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'm not trying to make anything but just ascertain what made it turn. Again I think someone was in my house and don't think it was a "spirit" but hey one never knows.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I won't know since it was turned by someone or something and until it or they return I don't think much about it happening again.

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No.

19. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

I'd be a lot more concerned about the possibility of someone in your house.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I do not believe in such things.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But I have no locks on my inner doors so he could have easily just walked into the ....oh wait a minute here!

22. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Inconsistencies in the data lead me to suspect that no analysis is possible.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Aliens have doctored the data!