Forced Faith? Forced Atheism? The Test!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 9, 2011.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Credit to Birch for this thread as he was the inspiration.

Ok here is the test, Both for Theists and Atheists This is a live Experiment and please post your results.

Firstly if you are a believer in god I want you to try your very hardest to "stop Believing" in god. This is a serious test not a joke. Try as hard as you can and try to force yourself to become an atheist.

If you are an Atheist The same applies in reverse Try your very best to try and force yourself to believe In god. Try to force theism upon yourself.

I am interested to see if any of you can achieve this. I have already tried and Failed terribly at making myself an atheist.

If your an agnotis piss off lol you dont get to play here with yourlogical little fence sitting minds shoo and stop being so PC you little rascals.

Ready set Go!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ArmisExposcerePacem Registered Member

I don't get to play? I was looking forward of the challenge of trying to convince myself I knew enough to define the nature of the universe....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

no i can't do that because i know i would be lying to myself or what i currently think is true.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Lol if you are agnosticwhich im guessing you are, then I guess you can go either way I was just joking in the OP about good old agnostics.

Sureyou get to choose either one I guess as your not partial to either.

Try forcing yourself to be atheist or to be Theist,

Peace.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Lol Yeah this is kind of the whole point

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I just want to see if my theory is true, because I used to think Faith was a choice and since I have become a Believer I have kind of found out there is a little more to it.

I guess I want to bring Atheists and Theists together in a general understanding, As I have been part of both groups. Maybe you guys can understand each other a little better after doing this test. Respecting that each of us isnt really in control of that faith or lack of faith. and that we can't actuualy change it even if we tried.

It is exactly that, lying to yourself. But I want theists to understand that it's not atheists fault for not believing in god, like I want Atheists to undertsand it's not theist's fault for believing in god rather it is something forced on them by god himself.

Peace.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Wow it worked. I believe in God, and that God is
    ME!
    Bow down before me and OBEY!

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Supposition.

Otherwise you'd have to accept that atheists are forced to be so by god as well.

11. birch Valued Senior Member

i can clearly tell that theists cannot help themselves from their beliefs. that's not the issue with me. they can believe in a god-like entity. it's just that they need to realize it's a belief and not be crazy to think that everyone else is supposed to believe it too.

i have some pet ideas of my own just like others but i know the difference between what i fancy and bellowing that everyone should take my idea as a fact. eh??

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Lolthat's actualy a complex some atheist suffer from, Some of my closest friends actualy do believe they are god's and im not joking. They really do believe they are god in human form.

It's quite the dangerous position. Although it is very funny at the same time.

Peace.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yes I do believe some people are forced to be atheists, are you going to take this test or troll me some more?

Im trying to conduct a real experiment here quit it please. like seriously this is a real test and I want to test a theory out. can you not atleast let me conduct a test, this is a science forum after all int he religion sub forum and im conducting a religious based test..

Gosh

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yeah I get you, but you have to understand the mentality of the theist, some of these guys actualy do talk to god and do know he is real. you can form a relationship with him it's true and to them they really just dont understand why everyone don't believe. They don't understand that god wont let some people believe and they get frustrated.

Your not very different atall just on opposite ends of the spectrum.

peace.

15. birch Valued Senior Member

incorrect. that is a complex some theists suffer from as well. this is because they like the idea of them being gods which is why they really like the idea of an all powerful being. this is why they identify with it. not that all of them are motivated to religion for that reason but many are attracted to the fundamental religions because of a singular, omniscient creator for this reason.

i do not know who they are talking to or who they think they are talking to. i'm not in their shoes and neither are they in mine.

as well, there are others who would say their talking to the wrong god or they are getting it wrong. lol

so in the end it is just a personal issue or finding people who have like beliefs.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Some?
    Explain.

yeah right.
    How do you convince yourself to believe something you don't believe?
    Hypnosis?

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Oh I wasn't trying to generalize sorry it did come off like that I was talking strictly about the people I actualy know who all just happen to be atheists. Actualy one is an agnostic kind of buddhist who thinks he is the carnation of the ultimate buddha god (Lol).

I bet some theists have the same belief too im just talking about my friends though i have some wierd ones.

Peace.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Believe he's real.

Then, by definition, they aren't atheists.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I do have a goddess living in my house. That's my cat.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Will you stop trolling my posts and threads what's wrong with you??.

You have some wierd defect don't you has god sent you to annoy me? how do you have the drive to pursue so diligently with your crusade to rid the world of anyone who believes in god.

and technically no i guess they are not atheist if they believe they are god, but they don't believe in a creator god so again technically they are atheist still except the agnostic buddhist guy.

They believe they have "god like" powers and when they die they will be gods, buit they don;t believe in a god creator, so you cant say they are theists.

Please stop whatever your trying to do.

21. drumbeat Registered Senior Member

Or accept that atheists are forced to be so by the fact there is no god.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

This isn't a thread to debate god's existence, this is a test im trying to conduct.

*Bangs head on desk until he becomes atheist*

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

You're projecting again.
    Defensive little bugger aren't you?

Check on the actual meaning of "agnostic".

That too.